Home

Worth the buy for a non baseball fan?

This is a discussion on Worth the buy for a non baseball fan? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-04-2016, 09:59 PM   #1
Rookie

SergentSandwich's Arena

OVR: 0
Worth the buy for a non baseball fan?

Would someone who knows minimal about real life baseball be able to pick up this game and run a franchise? Or would it be too complicated to manage trades and contracts and such
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2016, 12:01 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Worth the buy for a non baseball fan?

I think you would be able to. I have known about baseball since I was about 8, so I cannot speak from experience, but the game itself is not complicated to me and the CPU can do anything you do not want to do (literally).
Old 04-05-2016, 12:19 AM   #3
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

Even if you get it and aren't feeling Franchise mode, there's plenty of other very entertaining stuff to do. Between Diamond Dynasty (which is essentially collecting baseball cards and playing games with the players on those cards) and Road to the Show (Career Mode), I haven't even hardly touched Franchise yet.
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625
Old 04-05-2016, 12:56 AM   #4
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergentSandwich
Would someone who knows minimal about real life baseball be able to pick up this game and run a franchise? Or would it be too complicated to manage trades and contracts and such
I'd say yes. I was never a *huge* baseball fan, but I bought '14 and was amazed. I didnt play it a whole lot though, but when '15 came out, it literally got me watching the sport again on a more regular basis. I used to watch baseball while bbqing or just sitting around, but now I sit and actually watch the entire game. This game gave me a renewed appreciation for the sport, and I'll even say I care more about it now than I did before.

Besides, if you like to drink, it's very easy to make a drinking game out of the Homerun Hitting contest
Old 04-05-2016, 01:18 AM   #5
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16

Definitely.

The Show made me a huge baseball fan. Before buying Show 09 I had the consensus that baseball is boring etc. and it was boring to watch for me as well. Since buying 09 and thereafter buying it every year...today I'm downloading classic baseball games to watch, regularly download Giants games...got all their fall classic games recently.

Even streamed their opening day game against the Brewers last night.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2016, 12:40 PM   #6
Pro

mrsaito's Arena

OVR: 1

Just don't be afraid to use the 'rookie' skill level. There is no shame in that if it provides you with an enjoyable game experience.
Old 04-05-2016, 01:05 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergentSandwich

Go for it - put trading and contracts on CPU control until/when you get comfortable enough to try them on your own.

You can then focus on playing the game and learning more of the nuances of both baseball and The Show on you own pace.
Old 04-05-2016, 01:47 PM   #8
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I think you would enjoy the game. As others have said, you can put roster management things on AUTO and let the cpu handle all of that while you just play the game. And not only is there franchise, but Diamond Dynasty, Conquest, and Road to the Show modes that you can try out.

And if you get into franchise mode and have questions, here at OS everyone is happy to help you out with any question you may have. We will even, if its not up already, have a thread dedicated to nothing but the trading of players (what is fair, what isn't etc...)

So I say go for it as I don't think you'll regret the decision.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »