Home

MVP KD vs Current KD

This is a discussion on MVP KD vs Current KD within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-04-2016, 11:06 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
MVP KD vs Current KD

I have current KD fully badged up but i keep reading and hearing great things about MVP KD. I play KD at the 4 and it works great for me. My question is, is it worth upgrading to MVP KD. Badge market is very expensive so it will take a decent amount of time to snipe all the good badges and badge the new KD up.

Ill be lucky if i could sell fully badged current KD for 45k. Can pick up MVP KD between 45-50k at any refresh. Then the cost of fully badging him up. Do you guys think MVP KD is that much better than current? Please anyone who has both or has compared both in terms of gameplay, shooting consistency, in-game performance, etc. I know what the attribute differences are but i really wanna know from someone how he plays in RTTP. Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2016, 11:12 AM   #2
MVP

Re: MVP KD vs Current KD

He is better, but costing of fully badginng him up would be appx 100k. Depending of your MT available I would choose. The effects are maginal. If you do not need to further imporve your squad you can go for it. Else get the current version and improve elsewhere
Old 04-04-2016, 12:25 PM   #3
Pro

pro_cow_tipper's Arena

I never used the current one, but I finally picked up the MVP with like 20 gold badges for 63k. I run him at the 4 and moved Timmy D to the 5 (I still have yet to sell him), and he's made a great impact on my squad. It's really nice having somebody that's close to 7 foot with a super quick jumper that knocks down most three point attempts. His finishing is also really nice because he's so tall.

The problem is that I really need him at the 3, but I also need Melo at the 3. Their tendencies just feel so different to me when they're at the PF spot. I'm going to try to bring KD off the bench, and see if that gives him a little more production as I have too many players that need the ball, but I have so few three point threats it limits my offense.

I'm really close to being able to afford Heat Lebron, but in the meantime my lineup/rotations needs to do some serious soul searching haha.
Pettit / McGinnis
Porzingod / Cousins
YouTube 🙂
Old 04-04-2016, 01:11 PM   #4
QNo
MVP

I would say that the difference is very large, kind of like Current LBJ vs TBT LBJ. MVP KD just feels much better all-around and can score with the best Diamonds.
Old 04-04-2016, 09:34 PM   #5
Rookie

kd is good, but you if you put time in and master tom chambers release like how i did. He's a way better options and cheaper to badge up fully. His all star version is money from anywhere on the court and will dunk on anyone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2016, 08:23 AM   #6
Rookie

Thanks guys. I picked him at a great price w/ most of the gold shooting badges.

@wil_lis: i did get to play with him in gauntlet and he looks great but his lateral quickness is really bad and also kd helps with great ball control and passing ability. i might till get chambers down the line just for fun but i think KD is a better option for RTTP for my style of play.
Old 04-05-2016, 02:57 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajg528
Thanks guys. I picked him at a great price w/ most of the gold shooting badges.

@wil_lis: i did get to play with him in gauntlet and he looks great but his lateral quickness is really bad and also kd helps with great ball control and passing ability. i might till get chambers down the line just for fun but i think KD is a better option for RTTP for my style of play.

yeah, i understand the issues with the lateral quickest. i personally don't have a issue with it. i think a high lateral quickest is only needed for both guard positions. i run with all star rick barry at smarll forward and his lateral quickest is a 68. if you know what your're doing on defense and have the right badges and have players with defensive anchor. the positives out way the negatives.
Old 04-06-2016, 04:20 AM   #8
MVP

to anyone who has used both versions,

Do they have SAME release? I am kind of used to Current KD, so I do not want to try to learn a new release if I get him

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »