Home

Dynamic Defense Position Modifier

This is a discussion on Dynamic Defense Position Modifier within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-01-2016, 12:04 PM   #1
Rookie

ruskoz's Arena

OVR: 1
Dynamic Defense Position Modifier

Thanks for another great game SS. Adding a positional modifier would be a great feature addition to next years release for the franchise mode. Since stat tracking has been added into the game this year it would not be to much of a stretch for a realistic dynamic defense position modifier to find a place. It could be represented in game as a new rating called something like Defensive Positional Adaptability (DPA) and would represent a player ability to adapt to other defensive positions.

Using real life positional service time in combination with video game time at a given position a player gets more proficient at that position thus reducing the penalty at that position. Errors at a given position would effect the players DRA overall and the positional penalty modifier. A player that has been put into a new position with no service time would suffer the greatest penalty but factored with the players Defensive Positional Adaptability (DPA) with utility players having the highest rating and players that generally stay at one position having the lowest.

A player in the minor leagues could in reality be placed in other/s positions as a cheese move but this could be offset-ed by taking away from there true defensive position since they are not focused on developing their true craft in the minors. This penalty would be severe and would slow down the players defensive tool progression but would slightly improve the players Defensive Positional Adaptability (DPA) but in the end causing the player defensive tools to take considerable more time to develop/progress. And if the player is moved to multiple defensive positions their defensive development time would grow even longer.

Player initial position/s is set the same way as currently just need to add some more combination and/or a special utility position/s.

The real value to this type of feature is that virtual player will be able to be played in positions the real players actually play in without unjust recourse. It could replace the default generic penalty system to a more realistic system that takes into considerations a players real ability to really move around. This would solve one of my biggest frustrations in the game logic of player-positioning and managing a franchise.

This would also be a great feature to market for next years release.

Last edited by ruskoz; 04-01-2016 at 12:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2016, 12:36 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Dynamic Defense Position Modifier

I think positional defense overall needs more depth, especially in the minors. I know we can change a players primary position, but I would like to see it be more dynamic as the players come up. I drafted a 3B in 2014 that had a week arm and felt that he would be a better 2B. I would have liked to be able to start playing him at 2B and have that position gradually become his primary position. Also when the franchise engine signs multiple players with the same primary position, I would like to see the engine change the position as well as all star game voting position.
The positional defense values are well known at this point in time SS, 2B-3B, CF, RF, LF-1B and players should be able to move down the ladder with limited penalty as long as they have the physical traits to be able to play the position.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »