Home

Hitting Just Feels Weird This Year

This is a discussion on Hitting Just Feels Weird This Year within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-31-2016, 06:39 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Hitting Just Feels Weird This Year

I have switched my camera to the MLB the Show 15 view which helped. However, has anyone noticed that hitting just feels off this year? Last year when you hit a homerun, you knew it right away. This year hitting a homerun or a groundball in front of the pitcher feels exactly the same. I don't know if it's less controller feedback, less crack of the bat sound, or what.

Anyone else experiencing this and have a way to make it feel a bit more like last year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2016, 06:42 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Hitting Just Feels Weird This Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveFastCyYoung
I have switched my camera to the MLB the Show 15 view which helped. However, has anyone noticed that hitting just feels off this year? Last year when you hit a homerun, you knew it right away. This year hitting a homerun or a groundball in front of the pitcher feels exactly the same. I don't know if it's less controller feedback, less crack of the bat sound, or what.

Anyone else experiencing this and have a way to make it feel a bit more like last year?
I agree. Thought the same thing when I played yesterday

wlj
Old 03-31-2016, 06:48 PM   #3
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

maybe since I haven't played since 2013, but this is the first year I have been able to see the pitches decently. Personally I love the fisheye, but we all like something different. It's a good thing they give us so many settings
Old 03-31-2016, 06:52 PM   #4
Rookie

It's more than the fisheye camera though. There is something that just feels weird. There is no difference between hits, they all just feel the same. This was definitely not the case last year.

Like I said, I've not been able to quantify exactly what's different. I don't know if controller feedback was more involved last year or if it's the lack of the sound of the ball hitting the bat as compared to last year. But it's something that just feels very off.
Old 03-31-2016, 06:53 PM   #5
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

turn the camera off dynamic to broadcast, I hate that dynamic camera those fly balls look like Home runs I prefer to follow the ball and see if it goes over the fence
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2016, 07:01 PM   #6
Rookie

Phillies2010's Arena

OVR: 11

I agree that the hitting camera feels weird this year. I have given it almost 30 games to try and adjust and i just can't. i zoomed the camera in a little bit and have been doing much better since
Old 03-31-2016, 07:05 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

It might just be something you need to get used to? When I played the other night I was getting a good feel for what was coming off of my bat for the most part.

― Plato
Old 03-31-2016, 07:13 PM   #8
Rookie

I think it's the bat sound. I know I'm in the minority on not liking the new sound. But to me, a 400 foot HR and a weak ground ball to Shortstop sound exactly the same, kind of a "Click" sound, reminds me a bit of playing whiffle ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »