Home

Flickering Outfield Handrails

This is a discussion on Flickering Outfield Handrails within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-30-2016, 10:19 AM   #1
Rookie

eremiomania's Arena

OVR: 0
Flickering Outfield Handrails

I notice this a lot at Progressive Field and other parks in different areas, but at Progressive Field when the camera is panning, it looks like the handrails in CF are flickering. I've noticed this for years and it's very distracting. Is this a frame rate issue? Do other people notice this as well? I thought it was my old crappy tv but it does it on my nice tv now too..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2016, 10:32 AM   #2
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Flickering Outfield Handrails

Quote:
Originally Posted by molendie
I notice this a lot at Progressive Field and other parks in different areas, but at Progressive Field when the camera is panning, it looks like the handrails in CF are flickering. I've noticed this for years and it's very distracting. Is this a frame rate issue? Do other people notice this as well? I thought it was my old crappy tv but it does it on my nice tv now too..
Indeed I see it too at progressive field. I actually feel it is worse than it used to be. I haven't seen this kind of aliasing in the Show since the PS3 version. I don't know what is going on either. During the wide shot of the stadium there is a lot of shimmering and dancing around the Indians logo atop the scoreboard. Initially I thought it was the "running" lights around the logo but is was just aliasing. It has been distracting so far.
Old 03-30-2016, 10:39 AM   #3
Rookie

DirkDiggler12's Arena

OVR: 3

I noticed this also when playing in Astros stadium, the outfield fencing causes this. It seems maybe they could add a "roughness" value to the fence on the texture maps to reduce this?
Old 03-30-2016, 11:02 AM   #4
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

this DOE$S happen. its a bad shimmery affect that happens.

HOW IN THE WORLD DO THEY Q&A this game is beyond me?

its amazing that we pick this stuff up and the game develpers and producers dont see it
Old 03-30-2016, 11:16 AM   #5
MVP

icicle22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba

its amazing that we pick this stuff up and the game develpers and producers dont see it
Yes! The word shimmery nails it as it almost appears the railing has glitter in the paint. The pixels seem to be turning on and off randomly like glitter drawing my eyes to an area I never noticed in previous versions. I agree that this needs to be toned down. If increasing a lighting effect created these type of artifacts they need to back it down. This might also fix what appears to be mild frame rate issues. Game doesn't feel nearly as smooth as I remember.

Honestly this is the first time I've had any complaints like this with The Show on any system. It has always been smooth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2016, 12:30 PM   #6
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
Yes! The word shimmery nails it as it almost appears the railing has glitter in the paint. The pixels seem to be turning on and off randomly like glitter drawing my eyes to an area I never noticed in previous versions. I agree that this needs to be toned down. If increasing a lighting effect created these type of artifacts they need to back it down. This might also fix what appears to be mild frame rate issues. Game doesn't feel nearly as smooth as I remember.

Honestly this is the first time I've had any complaints like this with The Show on any system. It has always been smooth.
agree 1 millon percent
Old 03-30-2016, 12:52 PM   #7
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba

I really hate these kind of ignorant comments. You clearly don't know the dev cycle.

I don't think you understand how QA works. QA finds and reports the bugs. They don't fixed them, Devs do. There is a project manager who will decided which bugs get priority. This is probably a very low priority bug to fix.
Old 03-30-2016, 01:28 PM   #8
Rookie

eremiomania's Arena

OVR: 0

Glad I'm not the only one.

I guess it does seem worse this year than previously in Progressive Field because it is really distracting, but honestly I've noticed this every single year going back to the PS3 days.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »