Home

Anyone have Scouting restrictions?

This is a discussion on Anyone have Scouting restrictions? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-18-2016, 10:35 PM   #1
MVP

TheRosterMaster's Arena

OVR: 0

Over in the NCAA Football Forum we have restrictions for many things, including recruiting so it is not easy to stack your team. I was wondering if anyone had scouting restrictions to make it harder to find "gem" prospects and make the rebuilding aspect more realistic. I'm sorry if this has already been asked, this is my first time in the Madden forums since Madden 15.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2016, 10:38 PM   #2
Rookie

Cajungodfather's Arena

Our league doesn't have any, although it's an interesting way to go about scouting and drafting. I think the majority of league members wouldn't be for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-19-2016, 04:20 AM   #3
Just started!

Re: Anyone have Scouting restrictions?

I don't know any other sport besides football which has got so many restriction over the short period of time. I think that is one factor behind the football popularity among the people.
Old 03-20-2016, 07:07 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 1

really like the scouting system in M16. others have been fine but this one really feels useful and satisfactory.

personally, i only scout player that play my systems. currently, i'm using a WCO an B34. if i cannot find WCO players, i go with power run as many of the players of the players on the niners have that due to it being the previous system.

as for D, i look for B43 DE to make into B34 OLB pass rushers.
Old 03-20-2016, 09:07 PM   #5
Rookie

SpyPirates's Arena

I don't have any restrictions in my franchise, but if your goal is to make it harder to build a good team, one thing you could do is scout only the first letter grade on all players. You could also only draft players during the same round that they are projected to fall to (to avoid stacking your team with all the 4th-6th round gems). Drafting players based only on your scheme, as the previous poster said, would be decent as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2016, 05:53 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyPirates
I don't have any restrictions in my franchise, but if your goal is to make it harder to build a good team, one thing you could do is scout only the first letter grade on all players. You could also only draft players during the same round that they are projected to fall to (to avoid stacking your team with all the 4th-6th round gems). Drafting players based only on your scheme, as the previous poster said, would be decent as well.
have to say, they've done a good job of not having too many of those in M16.
Old 03-25-2016, 04:36 AM   #7
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3

scouting is definitely way different this year and is much harder to have a particular "system" to find the gems. I played a lot of NCAA and there were definitely needs for restrictions in recruiting no matter what school you were playing as.

But with this years madden. I don't think there's a need. You can only scout the top 3 attributes and extrapolate some of the physical skills (speed, etc.) from the combine numbers. I have yet to hear about or find an easy way to scout and find all great players.

In years past it was easy to just scout the awr trait. I know a lot of people were like "awr barely matters lol." I call those people idiots. While it has been true in the past with madden that some positions awr didn't seem to matter, the game itself still factored awr into their prospects. Many times the later round gems would have a B or higher grade for awr. It was easy to scout an entire draft class for the letter grade of their awr trait and only draft guys with higher awr traits. In fact, I feel like in years past I had more success in drafting great players in late rounds than I did in the first few rounds.

So anyway, this year I don't think that kind of thing is an issue. Although it does seem like you can scout far too many guys, there isn't enough info given to be able to cipher out the true gems. You have to take educated guesses
Old 03-25-2016, 06:45 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 6

eh dunno. all you really have to look for is B or higher in top 3 attributes plus their combine stats and you can pretty much land quality players in first 5 rounds (last 2 are a bit iffy cause of scouting point limits).

But i have no problem scouting every player at the positions of need which lasts me a minimum of 4 rounds of talent.

If they reduced the amount of scouting points a tiny bit i wouldnt mind this system.

the combine stats make it pretty apparent most of the time who the studs are though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »