Home

so frustrated with this game

This is a discussion on so frustrated with this game within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-17-2016, 07:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
so frustrated with this game

I just came back to this game after taking a break for the division. I play on superstar. had to turn off simulation because of cpu cheese, and now I may have to go back to all star difficulty after my recent games. cpu goes 60+% from the field and I cant hit a wide open shot smh. don't really wanna go back to all star because I always blow the cpu out, but I may have no other choice

EDIT: did 2k change anything gameplay wise in the game the past week or so? I feel like whenever I don't play the game for a few days in a row, the game always feels different when I come back

Last edited by walls17; 03-17-2016 at 07:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2016, 08:35 PM   #2
Banned

Re: so frustrated with this game

i haven't touched the game in months and don't plan on going back. it's about as artificial and as frustrating as it gets. 2k seems to focus on all of the wrong things.
Old 03-18-2016, 09:19 AM   #3
Banned

If you can, go back and play 2k14 for last gen. Gameplay and difficulty balance are SO MUCH BETTER its not even funny.
Old 03-18-2016, 05:23 PM   #4
Rookie

Margelofskya's Arena

2K has phenomenal graphics, but when the F shooting Center hits 3 threes in a row and a A- finisher can't put down a dunk, you have screwed up your gameplay so badly. I love the graphical side of the game, but the physical gameplay sucks so bad.
Old 03-19-2016, 01:36 PM   #5
Rookie

Sleepy59's Arena

Have not touched the game anymore this year. 2k caters to cheesers and limit your movements by making players do stupid things when the other team is on a run. (makes ur players jog like little girls and or stand out of bounds waiting for a pass) They broke directional passing which gets worse when another team is on a run. Charge auto flops and extremely hard inbound interceptions? Cmon now looks like they only listen to careless hold turbo players. Players no longer get penalized for playing recklessly therefore they punish even the ones with good basketball IQ by adding animations and inputs that are not responsive. Things which are out of our direct control. Who here has pressed Y for a block only to have the player jump only after the shot is made

Last edited by Sleepy59; 03-19-2016 at 01:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2016, 02:37 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam31yearsold
If you can, go back and play 2k14 for last gen. Gameplay and difficulty balance are SO MUCH BETTER its not even funny.
Recently did this to get an idea of what made that game vastly superior and it was the little things.

- no frustrating forced hesitations
- snappier defensive footwork and movement
- far less perimeter stone wall collisions
- the absence of the clobbering interior foul animations that play out in 2k16 when in great position.
- off ball collisions didn't allow offensive players to waltz to the front of the rim
- You could blow by defenders attempts at contact simply by having enough momentum
- transition defense
Old 03-19-2016, 05:30 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I know this may sound crazy, but maybe you guys aren't as good at the game as you think?
Old 03-19-2016, 05:41 PM   #8
Rookie

Sleepy59's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I know this may sound crazy, but maybe you guys aren't as good at the game as you think?
Not that. 90% win percentage on head to head. Beat rttp last and this year and I avarage 10 assists on pro-am, But It's not satisfying. Half the game I'm thinking to myself "Why is he doing that, why did he cut, why won't he pass, why is the ref holding the ball for 40 seconds, why didn't he jump, why did the defense teleport to me, why do I auto hesi when I correctly read the D and blow with a cross, why does my opponent run into me and not lose the ball, why does my player flop when I try to take a charge, why does my player flop when I want to play D? Why do my players push opponents when I guard them in the paint, why did my player fall for the pump fake when I didnt push Y or Triangle, why do my players sometimes jump late when I press Y, Why do magnets pull me towards who to guard, Why are launches from sizeups so explosive and abusable, Why won't directional passing pass it to the guy I'm pointing to (white circle undernearth) Why do I always get matched up with cavs. Why do my players freeze when I Do a jab step and want to subsequently drive the other direction. Why do interceptions go back to offensive players most of the time, why do ppl hold turbo all game with little to no repercussions. Why do my players go cold when I seem to be open for the layup or when I catch a good pass. Why were certain btl hesis removed, why were standalone cross hesis replaced for abusable sizeups. 2k is limiting our play more and more every year

Last edited by Sleepy59; 03-19-2016 at 05:54 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »