Home

Should I make the 2016 OS Sounds of the Show Packs?

This is a discussion on Should I make the 2016 OS Sounds of the Show Packs? within the Sounds Of The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Sounds Of The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-16-2016, 11:29 PM   #1
TheHitKingz

dj will's Arena

OVR: 11
Should I make the 2016 OS Sounds of the Show Packs?

Back when it was announced that SOTS was returning as an addition to the PS4 edition, I made a promise that I would make a 2016 edition of the OS Sounds of the Show packs.

However, the guys who did the PS4 Starter pack seem to have done a good job by following my template of previous OS Packs for their packs. I'm not sure if they intend to update the packs as the season starts and going forward, but they have done a good job using the 2015 info and some of the spring training info.

So now I'd like to ask OS, would you guys want me to make an OS Sounds of the Show complete pack for 2016, or are you guys satisfied with the PS4 Starter Pack?

I don't mind at all making it for the 2016 season, but would rather get some input from the community before I devote some time for that.

Quick reminder: my packs always contain clean/non-explicit versions of songs, and is family friendly. I also always use my Audio Engineering techniques and skills to ensure the audio is never distorted and sounds high quality. I only get the music from iTunes so I always have access to the complete clean versions of songs.

If you guys decide that you want me to make it this year, despite the complete pack that was made and completed by the other guys, I will only use current 2016 info, I have MLB.TV and can listen in using the In-Park only audio feed. This method was used before by nymets31 when he helped me gather the info for the 2013 and 2014 seasons.

Let me know in the comments below, if you guys want me to make this for this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2016, 11:39 PM   #2
MVP

tree3five's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Should I make the 2016 OS Sounds of the Show Packs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj will
Back when it was announced that SOTS was returning as an addition to the PS4 edition, I made a promise that I would make a 2016 edition of the OS Sounds of the Show packs.

However, the guys who did the PS4 Starter pack seem to have done a good job by following my template of previous OS Packs for their packs. I'm not sure if they intend to update the packs as the season starts and going forward, but they have done a good job using the 2015 info and some of the spring training info.

So now I'd like to ask OS, would you guys want me to make an OS Sounds of the Show complete pack for 2016, or are you guys satisfied with the PS4 Starter Pack?

I don't mind at all making it for the 2016 season, but would rather get some input from the community before I devote some time for that.

Quick reminder: my packs always contain clean/non-explicit versions of songs, and is family friendly. I also always use my Audio Engineering techniques and skills to ensure the audio is never distorted and sounds high quality. I only get the music from iTunes so I always have access to the complete clean versions of songs.

If you guys decide that you want me to make it this year, despite the complete pack that was made and completed by the other guys, I will only use current 2016 info, I have MLB.TV and can listen in using the In-Park only audio feed. This method was used before by nymets31 when he helped me gather the info for the 2013 and 2014 seasons.

Let me know in the comments below, if you guys want me to make this for this year.
I would definelty want you to make the sound packs again! You did an outstanding job before and I was looking forward to it again. Plus most players will have new music by opening day 2016. I would love to use your packs again, but if you decide not to do it that's fine.

Last edited by tree3five; 03-16-2016 at 11:45 PM.
Old 03-17-2016, 12:42 AM   #3
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Most definitely I would like to see you make the 2016 pack again, if we are always here to make sure you have all the info you need.
Old 03-17-2016, 01:31 AM   #4
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

I think if you want to commit to doing them I would probably not update mine. I dunno I'll check with lowlighthabit as to what he wants to do but I'm OK with having ours be the "starter " pack that I originally intended. Doesn't seem like there is much point in both of us doing the same work.

Next year I'll probably do the same with having an updated pack ready for launch with all the right players on the right teams and if you do your thing regular season again great. Just makes sense to not be doing the same thing.

The constant updating seems like a lot of work to me anyways lol. I was going to be depending on a lot of help cause its a bit much of a commitment for me.

My intent was to use your packs once they were ready and I'm still on board for that so I vote yes.

Edit... that being said if there is anything I can do to help let me know.

Last edited by CujoMatty; 03-17-2016 at 01:56 AM.
Old 03-17-2016, 01:54 AM   #5
Rookie

jaydaddy03's Arena

OVR: 1

Yes please make sound packs again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2016, 03:42 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:

DJ Will, you know how much I liked your packs and your ability at what you did is second to none. (No disrespect to the guys doing the Starter Packs). I would appreciate if you continue with doing them. But all of you guys that do this for everyone on this board, you guys are AWESOME!
Old 03-17-2016, 05:05 PM   #7
TheHitKingz

dj will's Arena

OVR: 11

I appreciate the responses, I will definitely make the packs for 2016. I just wanted to make sure people still wanted it barring the circumstances.

s/o to @CutoMatty for doing a great job with the Starter Packs.

For the 2016 packs, instead of using my own website host like I did in years past, I will use dropbox this year.

This ensures that any updates I make, will update automatically to the same link given on here.

When the time comes, I will make a new thread for the actual project.

--- Also if anyone wants to help out gather info once the season starts. You can do so with the following methods below.

I don't use MLB Ballpark Music or any of those mlbplatemusic or designated hitters website sources.

I only use MLB.TV, Twitter, and credible info posted here, such as the massive thread done by that Mets fan every year, or the Blue Jays thread by Willard76.

If anyone wants to help out, this is how I search for info on twitter:

I search either the player's full name or last name and either music or song. If nothing pops up, I try the name with walkup or at bat.

Ex: "Granderson Music", "Granderson Song", "Granderson Walkup", "Granderson Walk-Up", or full name "Curtis Granderson Music", and so on...

This method works for a lot of players that don't have any info listed anywhere.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2016-02-12 at 4.21.10 PM.jpg (292.0 KB, 585 views)
Old 03-17-2016, 07:33 PM   #8
Rookie

jaydaddy03's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
I appreciate the responses, I will definitely make the packs for 2016. I just wanted to make sure people still wanted it barring the circumstances.

s/o to @CutoMatty for doing a great job with the Starter Packs.

For the 2016 packs, instead of using my own website host like I did in years past, I will use dropbox this year.

This ensures that any updates I make, will update automatically to the same link given on here.

When the time comes, I will make a new thread for the actual project.

--- Also if anyone wants to help out gather info once the season starts. You can do so with the following methods below.

I don't use MLB Ballpark Music or any of those mlbplatemusic or designated hitters website sources.

I only use MLB.TV, Twitter, and credible info posted here, such as the massive thread done by that Mets fan every year, or the Blue Jays thread by Willard76.

If anyone wants to help out, this is how I search for info on twitter:

I search either the player's full name or last name and either music or song. If nothing pops up, I try the name with walkup or at bat.

Ex: "Granderson Music", "Granderson Song", "Granderson Walkup", "Granderson Walk-Up", or full name "Curtis Granderson Music", and so on...

This method works for a lot of players that don't have any info listed anywhere.
I'll definitely help out like in years past. I already opened up a thread for the A's

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Sounds Of The Show »