Home

2K16 Coach settings is a secret to winning; wrong settings can make offense trash ...

This is a discussion on 2K16 Coach settings is a secret to winning; wrong settings can make offense trash ... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-15-2016, 06:40 PM   #1
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

OVR: 0
2K16 Coach settings is a secret to winning; wrong settings can make offense trash ...

I have always wanted to discuss this but never found the time. To those of you who know then you know how important this is. In the video below, you can see gameplays of one user with terrible coach settings while the other uses the correct settings. The difference in offensive consistency is night and day, check it out:

After making this tutorial i am actually curious how many people use coach settings and how many ignore them ? I can't imagine not setting it up the way i had it there. Feel free to discuss your approach to coach settings, i am very curious how others use them lol

Sam Pham
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2016, 08:18 PM   #2
MVP

Kully's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: 2K16 Coach settings is a secret to winning; wrong settings can make offense trash

I put on auto playcall and auto adjustments, but I'm turning off auto adjustments because the changes the AI make are annoying.

I can't play manual play calls. First, I like all the plays in my custom playbook, and calling plays is too clunky as the interface could use some work. I much rather have the CPU call the plays for me.

I do change the POEs myself.
Old 03-15-2016, 09:08 PM   #3
Banned

Re: 2K16 Coach settings is a secret to winning; wrong settings can make offense trash

My SF and PG switching defensive assignments even after changing the settings still is highly annoying.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 03-15-2016, 10:13 PM   #4
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyroll_51
I have always wanted to discuss this but never found the time. To those of you who know then you know how important this is. In the video below, you can see gameplays of one user with terrible coach settings while the other uses the correct settings. The difference in offensive consistency is night and day, check it out:

After making this tutorial i am actually curious how many people use coach settings and how many ignore them ? I can't imagine not setting it up the way i had it there. Feel free to discuss your approach to coach settings, i am very curious how others use them lol

Sam Pham

To be honest as far as the POE and AI Adjustment, i leave them on auto because the developers said without them on auto you wont see the ACE kick in. I also leave playcalling on auto. I will try your suggestions out though. Im open to it.
Old 03-16-2016, 12:48 AM   #5
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

This is pretty basic stuff for a sim player. The thing about Sam is, he started out very good, but he has become so over the top in self promotion he's almost unwatchable now.

The moral of his every story is he's great and all his stuff is perfect.

I guess this is what makes for high youtube viewership and revenue so more power to him. But he's not about the community anymore, he's about "Sam Pham," talking about himself in the third person constantly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2016, 01:11 AM   #6
Pro

JoFri's Arena

i made a thread earlier on defense and received a fair bit on auto settings input. i kinda tried out and concluded a mix would work in favor for me. so for offense ..
i rarely run freelance (perhaps 20%) these days, and i'm fully in control of manual substitutions and play calling so having auto or manual ai coach adjustment wont have an impact for me. i leave it at auto. btw, i'm on offline myleague.
for poe, i use shoot at will, crash offensive boards and run in transition with the rest on auto.
with these settings, i like the pace and how the team runs on fastbreaks and ai crashing the offensive boards for me. the plays develop quickly too, whether on play calling or freelance.
Old 03-16-2016, 02:39 AM   #7
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
This is pretty basic stuff for a sim player. The thing about Sam is, he started out very good, but he has become so over the top in self promotion he's almost unwatchable now.

The moral of his every story is he's great and all his stuff is perfect.

I guess this is what makes for high youtube viewership and revenue so more power to him. But he's not about the community anymore, he's about "Sam Pham," talking about himself in the third person constantly.
Third person referral is just an old school Asian thing. North Americans see it as self promotion or ego rubbing, us Asians do it out of being humble and taking responsibility of statements. Traditionally we like to do that with our work to ensure the viewers or listeners know where is coming from. Is our way of being accountable; this is a very old school Asian mentality that I adopted since young. So you are mis reading me there.

As for the Sam Pham not about the community comment that just isn't fair; I answer over 50-even 100 comments a day regards to people's question to play 2K. I do this over OS, YouTube, Reddit, and Twitter. 50-100 COMMENTS a day, I love this community and I am helping players daily. I have a kid that talks to me every night so he can play 2K better to deal with some of the tragic stuff he's going through. I also got a stressed out med school student I help regularly on 2K so he can deal with academic stress. I am FOR the community, for you to say that I am actually offended.

As for the perfect titles I haven't lost to HOF SIM AI in 150 games so is perfect so far lol and I also haven't lost in PlayNow online. But yah is also easy to search for key words like perfect and best on YouTube tho lol

But come on man, the not for community thing hurt, go to my YouTube page I answer almost every comment. On here and Reddit I answer tons too. And over Twitter DMs that's like 10 messages per hour. Maybe ask me what I do for the community first before claiming I am NOT ABOUT THE COMMUNITY ?

Sigh ....

*last note: I make chump change on YouTube, this is a hobby and passion of mine. You can say you don't like to watch my tutorials that's fine. But declaring I am not about the community is just unfair; I answer 2K related question to 2K fans more than 2K devs lol

Last edited by itchyroll_51; 03-16-2016 at 02:46 AM.
Old 03-16-2016, 03:10 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

Thanks for the video. I play like Afropig. I have a few questions from watching the video.

1. What do you mean by freelance and branches?
2. What is the ACE referenced by TarHeel?
3. If you set the coach settings just like yours, only with Offense Playcalling set to Auto, what will happen? Will the CPU call a separate play each time?
4. When you pick Hawks + Motion cuts, you are using that as a dynamic strategy that stays throughout the game? How many options are there for these strategies and what do you recommend for beginners?
5. When playing online, how do you get these coach settings to save? I have them saved on my game but they do not stay when entering an online play now (same with the camera).

Last edited by NoLittleBabies; 03-16-2016 at 03:50 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »