Home

"Artificial Slowdown"

This is a discussion on "Artificial Slowdown" within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-14-2016, 12:36 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
"Artificial Slowdown"

I noticed this twice today. Playing offline in BeAGM in the playoffs.

I had my player(Ehlers, 98 speed) trying to skate past Oleksiak for Dallas(much slower). I had just received the puck and already had a step due to a good breakout pass, then it happened....

It was as if my player suddenly started skating in sand, or had a rope pulling him from behind. For just a moment, Ehlers was slowed almost completely, then regained speed. Oleksiak was suddenly able to(with the time he gained from this) pivot and be right on pace with my speedy winger.

I've never been a huge believer in the "ice tilt" theories, but this is ridiculous. The fact that there is a mechanic in the game to slow you down, because you're going to score.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2016, 03:18 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: "Artificial Slowdown"

XboxOne or PS4 ?
Old 03-14-2016, 04:55 PM   #3
Banned

Happens all the time in be a gm mode. Players dont always play true to their ratings. In play now, the game plays the way it should. However random games in your gm season you will experience your players with anchors on their skates or they will just not pay any attention to the game and stare off into the stands. I made another post regarding this in a different thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAfan1624
Be a gm mode there are nights where they just play like absolute idiots. They'll play a passing lane then at the lest second just get completely out of the way to allow a wide open one timer. Ill look at the replay and just absolutely dumbfounded at it. They skate around and dont receive easy passes, turn their back to the puck and make no effort at playing the puck carrier what so ever. Anchors on their skates and just move super slow. Even with good players they just play like morons. On power plays they stand around not even looking to get open for a pass.

So my question is, is there a way or a setting to turn this off? In play now, the teams I select play fine and normal to their attributes. Then be a gm mode, every now and then on random nights they will skate like elementary school hockey players and will stare off into the stands instead of playing the game, intentionally getting out of passing lanes, etc.
Do the devs even read these boards? For next years game it would be really nice if they dont put this idiotic mechanic in the game. Not sure why they even included it in the first place. At least make a feature where you can turn this crap off.
Old 03-15-2016, 12:44 AM   #4
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1

Obviously they put it in so the game will be more challenging and closer games - they do this for fifa as well. Complete buzz killer.
Old 03-15-2016, 12:57 PM   #5
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16
"Artificial Slowdown"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAfan1624
Happens all the time in be a gm mode. Players dont always play true to their ratings. In play now, the game plays the way it should. However random games in your gm season you will experience your players with anchors on their skates or they will just not pay any attention to the game and stare off into the stands. I made another post regarding this in a different thread

Do the devs even read these boards? For next years game it would be really nice if they dont put this idiotic mechanic in the game. Not sure why they even included it in the first place. At least make a feature where you can turn this crap off.

For this reason i have played nhl series EXCLUSIVELY on play now since nhl 08. No gimmicks and ice tilts....a blackhawks team will most likely decimate a winipeg team and vice versa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by phillyfan23; 03-15-2016 at 03:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2016, 07:53 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

my favorite is when you have a step or 2 on a guy going on a break away and they catch up... while skating backwards
Old 03-18-2016, 09:32 PM   #7
Rookie

Breakaways are a forget-it in NHL 16 BaGM

It ain't the only odd problem I have in the game play either
Old 03-19-2016, 12:10 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by half-fast
Obviously they put it in so the game will be more challenging and closer games - they do this for fifa as well. Complete buzz killer.
It's like they can't figure out a better way to make the cpu competitive without all the BS like this happening to your teammates. It is so obvious when stuff like this happens during the game and it's so frustrating. The lightening fast backwards skating, the unrealistic
stop-n-go skating, and the outright horrible boardplay are just a few of the frustrating things that make me turn it off instead of breaking another controller. SMH

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »