Home

For those who have it, how is the career mode?

This is a discussion on For those who have it, how is the career mode? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-14-2016, 12:17 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
For those who have it, how is the career mode?

Is it much better than UFC 1 or same thing?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2016, 12:33 PM   #2
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: For those who have it, how is the career mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toma
Slightly better but not a huge improvement. There are a ton of small things that make it more enjoyable but nothing big imo.
Old 03-14-2016, 01:11 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toma
It's fun. And that's the most important thing to start with.

If the goal is to get through a career in a week or so and have a good fighter at the end of it to play your friends with, then it's not bad. Training will rapidly improve your fighter's base stats, but there are drawbacks if you're too aggressive - for instance I have had some fights where I trained nothing but leg kicks, and my leg kicks were -15 for the next fight. Rogan/Goldberg even mentioned that there were "rumors" that I had a leg injury going into the fight which I thought was pretty cool.

If the goal is to immerse yourself in an alternate UFC universe, create rivalries with other fighters, view other PPV cards, etc, then it's terrible. The only thing they did better in this regard in comparison to last time is make Bruce Buffer actually sound legitimately excited before your title fights - they even dim the lights after he does the "ITS TIME!" like in the real UFC. He still doesn't "sell" your name the way he should, but it's definitely WAY better than the last game.

My opinion falls somewhere in the middle. It feels more like a "mobile" version of a career mode than a legitimate console sports game career mode. It's simplicity will either be a drawback or a benefit depending on your style. It is obviously clear that the devs were instructed to focus on other game modes and to make just enough improvements in career mode for them to market the game.
Old 03-16-2016, 11:35 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Pearson

My opinion falls somewhere in the middle. It feels more like a "mobile" version of a career mode than a legitimate console sports game career mode. It's simplicity will either be a drawback or a benefit depending on your style. It is obviously clear that the devs were instructed to focus on other game modes and to make just enough improvements in career mode for them to market the game.
I agree with this statement. It's bare bones as heck. Offline players got jobbed in my opinion in EA UFC 2.

Career mode is about 4 hours long...There's still little parity between the CPU fighters in the mode ratings wise so guys trade losses back and forth just like last year. By the time you get to the championship ranks the majority of the real fighters are gone and retired.

There are some good things I can speak of I do like being able to sim training once you've gotten a grade you're satisfied with. The wear and tear/injury stuff is cool too. Adapative AI difficulty as you climb the rankings is a nice thing too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »