Home

2016 OSFM HYBRID - NOW AVAILABLE

This is a discussion on 2016 OSFM HYBRID - NOW AVAILABLE within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 08:57 AM   #1
MVP

Willard76's Arena

OVR: 7
2016 OSFM HYBRID - NOW AVAILABLE

Ok, I have had many requests as to what the plans are for the Hybrid this year.

As many know, the Hybrid project last year became a source of frustration and we ended up having 2 rosters from our original creators.

This year, I am thinking of changing the roster up a bit and taking it back to it's core - before we spent weeks just figuring out formulas for stats, when we focused on just having an accurate roster with both faces and stats that was based off the OSFM release.

This year, I am handling the face end of the OSFM and a majority of faces from my last Hybrid release will make up the 2016 OSFM, so my concern over faces do the roster will be minimal.

When it comes to rating changes, instead of doing a complete overhaul, I am curious to see how SCEA's ratings look and play before we spend hours literally tweaking most players - I would rather focus on going through team by team as I used to and only tweaking players who's ratings are off - I have followed many franchises on the franchise page to realize that many players are getting the same results out of their players as we were out of ours and they are using the stock OSFM - that said I know there will need to be players corrected and updated.

I will still be looking for volunteers to help out as always, and am interested in getting pitch edits in again this year - hopefully (maybe) we can get WTNY to update his edits from last year so we can get real pitchers again.

Let me know what you all think of this idea for the roster and offer up suggestions if you want to see different.

Willard

OSFM BLUE JAYS Creator

Soundpack Contributor

Associate Creator and Godfather of the OSFM Hybrid Roster

follow me on twitter @billybrent
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2016, 05:30 PM   #2
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18
re: 2016 OSFM HYBRID - ETA: Evening of Monday 5/23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard76
I will still be looking for volunteers to help out as always, and am interested in getting pitch edits in again this year - hopefully (maybe) we can get WTNY to update his edits from last year so we can get real pitchers again.
Well, sir, you are in luck. The pitch edits are already done (~1000 pitchers) with data through Fall Ball after last season. I'll likely post the edits in a thread at some point, but we're still weeks away from the game coming out.

Seanjeezy may yet do his edits this year (not sure if he did anything last year or not), and he likes to include data for the first couple of months of the new season as it goes along, but my efforts are separate from that. For one, I am happy having accurate repertoires/velocities through the end of last season and, for another, I like to give edits for both control and movement of each pitch.

The nice thing about having these edits done so early is that pitch edit versions of rosters can come out days to a couple of weeks after OSFM this year.
Old 03-06-2016, 06:53 PM   #3
Pro

Mattchu12's Arena

OVR: 0

Love that this is already in such a great position. I personally loved everything about last year's hybrid, thought it played phenomenal, and the pitch-edits were huge, in my opinion. You guys have already done the lion's share of the work, it seems. I can't wait to see what this year's Hybrid holds and if I see anything that I can offer my help in, I'd be more than happy to help out, but my skill-set and time will be limited in the coming weeks.
Old 03-07-2016, 02:38 AM   #4
Rookie

100% in.

My concerns for the Hybrid are threefold:

Pitch Edits (again down to help with them)
Speed/Defense ratings (the increases in speed around the game really made it a lot more fun to play last year, and the defensive stuff is often too hard to measure)
The number of people with 99 rated whatevers (for example, it physically hurts me to see people like Chris Johnson or others rated as a 99 against LHP in game).

As for things I can do, other than school, I have the entire month of April off, as well as last two weeks of March, so I will be able to help quite a bit, so just let me know.

New York Yankees/New York Giants/New York Knicks
Old 03-07-2016, 07:25 AM   #5
Rookie

Jros22's Arena

Quote:

As many know, the Hybrid project last year became a source of frustration and we ended up having 2 rosters from our original creators.

This year, I am thinking of changing the roster up a bit and taking it back to it's core - before we spent weeks just figuring out formulas for stats, when we focused on just having an accurate roster with both faces and stats that was based off the OSFM release.

This year, I am handling the face end of the OSFM and a majority of faces from my last Hybrid release will make up the 2016 OSFM, so my concern over faces do the roster will be minimal.

When it comes to rating changes, instead of doing a complete overhaul, I am curious to see how SCEA's ratings look and play before we spend hours literally tweaking most players - I would rather focus on going through team by team as I used to and only tweaking players who's ratings are off - I have followed many franchises on the franchise page to realize that many players are getting the same results out of their players as we were out of ours and they are using the stock OSFM - that said I know there will need to be players corrected and updated.

Let me know what you all think of this idea for the roster and offer up suggestions if you want to see different.

Willard

Am willing to help in any way you need, ratings, stances etc.

MLB 15 The Show
Roster Name: JRFM 2016 3.0
User: Jros22

NBA 2K16
Roster Name: National Teams/FIBA
User: Jros22

Statcast 90 ft times converted to MLB The Show Ratings:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2016, 09:38 AM   #6
MVP

redsoxfan31's Arena

Quote:

Willard
Happy to see you're doing this again Willard, hope all is well with your little guy! I can help out with real life contracts (if you decide to include them) or other stuff to help with the roster, can't wait for the game and subsequent great rosters to drop!
NBA: BOSTON CELTICS
NFL: NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
NHL: BOSTON BRUINS

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Old 03-08-2016, 02:51 PM   #7
Rookie

Moss44's Arena

I'll be able to help again with any extra faces you might need, Willard
Old 03-08-2016, 04:00 PM   #8
Bacon's Fictional Roster

bacon96's Arena

I can help in any way you'd like Willard.

Join my Discord Server!

#BaseballisBetter
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »