Home

Good Baseball Podcasts

This is a discussion on Good Baseball Podcasts within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-05-2016, 06:13 PM   #1
Pro

AirJordanFan93's Arena

OVR: 3
Good Baseball Podcasts

Im looking for some good Baseball podcasts that cover the goings on in the league. Im not interested in shows that talk about Fantasy Baseball more so news,analysis and things of that sort I guess something like ESPN Football Today or CBS Eye On Basketball. For the record I already subscribe to ESPN Baseball Today.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2016, 05:46 PM   #2
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Good Baseball Podcasts

Effectively Wild which is the Baseball Prospectus podcast is pretty good and around a half hour long.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 03-06-2016, 10:25 PM   #3
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22

Effectively Wild is definitely my favorite, by far.

I also subscribe to the ESPN podcast, but I'm not really a big fan of Buster Olney... The fake forced laughs for every lame joke is cringe worthy, and why the hell does he have to preface every question by asking his guest if they agree with him..?

Anyways, I think the only other non-fantasy one I listen to is the MLB Trade Rumors podcast. It's nothing special, but it definitely covers all the big headlines of the day, with some pretty good insider interviews as well.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Old 03-07-2016, 04:02 AM   #4
Pro

AirJordanFan93's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Effectively Wild which is the Baseball Prospectus podcast is pretty good and around a half hour long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgainsey
Effectively Wild is definitely my favorite, by far.

I also subscribe to the ESPN podcast, but I'm not really a big fan of Buster Olney... The fake forced laughs for every lame joke is cringe worthy, and why the hell does he have to preface every question by asking his guest if they agree with him..?

Anyways, I think the only other non-fantasy one I listen to is the MLB Trade Rumors podcast. It's nothing special, but it definitely covers all the big headlines of the day, with some pretty good insider interviews as well.

Ive heard good things about Effectivley Wild so i'll sub to that on iTunes. The forced laughter and Olney seem to be a common negative about the ESPN show that I see online even though it seems to be the most prominent MLB podcast that isn't Fantasy based on iTunes. I'll also check out MLB Trade Rumors since it seems to be what I am looking for as a news roundup. Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:48 AM   #5
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm looking for a good MLB pod to start the season, I'll definitely check out Effectively Wild. The only ones I've subscribed to so far are the official MLB pods, which are kind of boring and bland.

If anyone here is a baseball history fan, there used to be a "Baseball History Podcast" where the host would cover the career of a different MLB legend with each episode. This podcast ceased several years ago but there were hundreds of episodes in the archive, I'm not sure if it can still be found on iTunes or not but it's worth a listen if you enjoy such things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2016, 06:25 PM   #6
Pro

AirJordanFan93's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
I'm looking for a good MLB pod to start the season, I'll definitely check out Effectively Wild. The only ones I've subscribed to so far are the official MLB pods, which are kind of boring and bland.

If anyone here is a baseball history fan, there used to be a "Baseball History Podcast" where the host would cover the career of a different MLB legend with each episode. This podcast ceased several years ago but there were hundreds of episodes in the archive, I'm not sure if it can still be found on iTunes or not but it's worth a listen if you enjoy such things.
Baseball History Podcast is still on iTunes. There are only 300 episodes archived on iTunes though so a lot of the archive isn't available it seems.
Old 03-10-2016, 09:00 AM   #7
Banned

BunnyHardaway's Arena

OVR: 36

Jonah Keri Podcast
Old 03-10-2016, 07:01 PM   #8
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHardaway
Jonah Keri Podcast
He's doing his podcast under the Nerdist network now.

The new version of the show is still very good, but it's no longer centered solely around baseball. That being said, one of his more recent episodes was with pitcher Dan Haren and is probably one of the best one on one interviews you will hear with a professional athlete.

Also, forgot to mention Fangraphs audio. There is usually at least one episode a week that covers all the current action going on in MLB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »