Home

More greens from 3

This is a discussion on More greens from 3 within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-27-2016, 07:53 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 17
More greens from 3

I picked up Rice and was getting some shots up in freestyle. Just about every 3 was green, I thought this card has the easiest release in the game for a sec. Getting that manny greens from 3 was unusual. That's when I put KD then CP3 and they were hitting greens.
I know MT freestyle difficulty settings are low so I went to the main menu. I started a freestyle on HOF/SIM with the Knicks. On HOF/SIM I rarely got any green 3s before today. Melo and Afflalo were getting greens on the regular.
Then I played a RTTF game and I got some greens on wide open 3s. It seemly like they increased the window for green releases on open 3s. I don't know how it translates yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2016, 08:03 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: More greens from 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
I picked up Rice and was getting some shots up in freestyle. Just about every 3 was green, I thought this card has the easiest release in the game for a sec. Getting that manny greens from 3 was unusual. That's when I put KD then CP3 and they were hitting greens.
I know MT freestyle difficulty settings are low so I went to the main menu. I started a freestyle on HOF/SIM with the Knicks. On HOF/SIM I rarely got any green 3s before today. Melo and Afflalo were getting greens on the regular.
Then I played a RTTF game and I got some greens on wide open 3s. It seemly like they increased the window for green releases on open 3s. I don't know how it translates yet.
Hi, I don't know when it happened but protect the paint and/or zone was the way to go until november when I stopped playing. 3s were to difficult to hit evenwith great shooters as Amethyst Mullin and KD.

I returned to the game 2-3 weeks ago and find out that this is not possible anymore. I start my games neutral plus in great shooters (Mullin/Klay/Allen/Curry) i play deny, and on great shooters like KD I play Tight.

There are still some players who abuse 3s, but without anywhere near similar success as last year.
Old 02-27-2016, 07:05 PM   #3
Pro

It may just be coincidence that you are having a good shooting day, paying extra close attention or really focused, I don't know. The game was not patched this morning so there is no way that the shooting percentages became more relaxed all of a sudden today.

Glen Rice is an absolute sniper though. He bangs in the 3s all day.
Old 02-28-2016, 07:06 PM   #4
Rookie

Same thing happened to me about 2 days back. I was fooling around with Mitch Richmond in freestyle and I was getting greens from EVERYWHERE even the long bombs. At first I thought it was just that I finally got that fool's release down, but then I had an opponent burn me for like 10 3's in Gauntlet (mostly wide open looks but w/e) so I know something has changed.
Old 02-28-2016, 07:20 PM   #5
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

They patched something across the game can feel it. I feel it most in my career/park lots of more greens now. Also in my team my cp3 green lights a bunch now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2016, 08:37 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 17
More greens from 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba13laze
It may just be coincidence that you are having a good shooting day, paying extra close attention or really focused, I don't know. The game was not patched this morning so there is no way that the shooting percentages became more relaxed all of a sudden today.

Glen Rice is an absolute sniper though. He bangs in the 3s all day.

Devs can tune shooting w/o a patch this year.
Old 02-28-2016, 08:45 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
Devs can tune shooting w/o a patch this year.
I stand corrected then. The lack of transparency between the developers and the community is awful. So many things change behind the scenes and we really have no idea what's going on. It is very possible then that they made some shooting tweaks without any disclosure.
Old 02-28-2016, 10:28 PM   #8
Rookie

Playing a challenge to see if what he said is true, it's not even half-time and I'm 6/6 from 3 as a team with 3 perfect releases. Th best I've ever shot in this game was 8/10 once. I'll post pics when done.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »