Home

Lineup advice/suggestions

This is a discussion on Lineup advice/suggestions within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-20-2016, 12:36 AM   #1
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

OVR: 0
Lineup advice/suggestions

http://2kmtcentral.com/16/lineups/76312/current-lineup

I'm looking for some advice on my lineup. I'm currently in the 3rd seed of rttp have won just enough to remain there but haven't been able to advance. I like my defense but feel like my offense is lacking. I made a thread about PG he just isn't consistent for me like he used to be. Dynamic LeBron is another his jump shot just keeps dropping, and I feel like more often than not I'll get outplayed by current LeBron because of the dual threat that he can shoot and mine can't.

I run the pace offense wanted to try the Warriors freelance but for that I'd need some shooting at the 4 right?

I was thinking of flipping LeBron for DR Draymond and current KD. It doesn't seem like I would lose much as Draymond is no slouch on defense and he can pass and shoot. KD would take Georges spot at the 3. Thoughts? How about my bench any recommendations there?

Last edited by P234thetruth; 02-20-2016 at 12:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2016, 09:09 AM   #2
QNo
MVP

Re: Lineup advice/suggestions

Flipping that DR LBJ makes sense from a gameplay POV, but on the other hand LeBron is only a few points away from Diamond. If he gets updated I'd expect his value to go through the roof, so you might be kicking yourself if you do this. If you flip him, I'd probably pick up Gervin or Barry instead of KD though.

PG has Volume Shooter, that's why he's so inconsistent. You'll have to give him a shot every 2-3 possessions down the court.

Dynamic Wall is another guy you could sell, he's essentially the same as Gold WB. He, too might get upgraded to a higher tier though.

For the Warriors freelance you need shooting at the 4, yes, just like for the Pace Offense.
Old 02-20-2016, 11:09 AM   #3
Pro

You can try using lebron at the 3. I never liked using him as a stretch 4 because you take away his strengths to drive over weaker sf. Plus his 3pt ratings suck so it's a waste to use him at the 4.

Put in klay or kawhi at 2 and if you can get draymond for the 4, your team would have a better offensive flow.
Old 02-20-2016, 11:21 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt500
You can try using lebron at the 3. I never liked using him as a stretch 4 because you take away his strengths to drive over weaker sf. Plus his 3pt ratings suck so it's a waste to use him at the 4.

Put in klay or kawhi at 2 and if you can get draymond for the 4, your team would have a better offensive flow.
Offline I have a lineup with DPOY Kawhi at the 2, current Lebron at the 3, and DR Draymond at 4. I run Hakeem at 5 so that gives me 2 anchors on the floor and this is a very good unit defensively and decent offensively too. I run Steph at the point. I played Lebron at PF a lot this year and I can definitely say I prefer him at SF. I back him up with Artest.

I am staying away from Barry right now because of the lat quick. I would recommend Gervin over KD though. For me, I can get more out of PG13 than KD because of the defense and finishing. If you really can get KD shot down though and run some plays for him you would like him. Thing about KD for me has always been, if he gets cold...he's pretty much worthless....unlike Melo who can shoot his way out of it or PG13 who can still play great D.
Old 02-20-2016, 01:15 PM   #5
Rookie

Idk if you have penny or not, but if you do I would get klay, sell Dominique, and go with this lineup if it were me. The reason I say this is, because just from looking your team is only lacking shooting, and I'm a "3 and D" guy. Lebron is nice, but not for his price. I'd flip him and Dominique to get an elite all-around center to replace cousins. You can get any.. Kareem, Robinson, etc. Insert klay because he is the best all around value in the game imo. If you elected to get Robinson instead of someone like a Kareem, you could use your mt to get a dynamic scorer to bring in in emergency situations... I'm not sure about how much mt you would have left, but you may be able to reel someone in like a Mitch as well for rip.

CP3
clyde
Penny
George
*elite center*

Wall
Hamilton
Klay
AK47 (or flip for moments Porzingis)
Mutumbo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2016, 01:17 PM   #6
Rookie

Oh and throw the Elvin Hayes you won on the squad at the end of the bench, he's nasty.
Old 02-21-2016, 01:11 AM   #7
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
Flipping that DR LBJ makes sense from a gameplay POV, but on the other hand LeBron is only a few points away from Diamond. If he gets updated I'd expect his value to go through the roof, so you might be kicking yourself if you do this. If you flip him, I'd probably pick up Gervin or Barry instead of KD though.

PG has Volume Shooter, that's why he's so inconsistent. You'll have to give him a shot every 2-3 possessions down the court.

Dynamic Wall is another guy you could sell, he's essentially the same as Gold WB. He, too might get upgraded to a higher tier though.

For the Warriors freelance you need shooting at the 4, yes, just like for the Pace Offense.
True, but LeBrons been a 95 over his last couple updates and has been playing well so I'm thinking he stays there. I could flip Wall but spent a lot to badge him up so would like to hang onto him...that and he outplays my cp3 at times. If had to I'd probably let go of cp3 and use Kidd as my backup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
I played Lebron at PF a lot this year and I can definitely say I prefer him at SF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tt500
Ok you guys are onto something I shuffled him back to the SF spot. I put a shooter at the 4 in his place running Bosh/Love and man the offense was humming. I wasn't sure about that but if you run pace/warriors freelance you def need shooting at the PF spot that might have been why the offense stunk.

I still want DR Draymond and a LeBron replacement either with his current or maybe Gervin. If I got Gervin would I need to be putting a 3pt shoe on him or is he pretty good even as is?

Last edited by P234thetruth; 02-21-2016 at 01:41 AM.
Old 02-21-2016, 01:34 AM   #8
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowsingles
Idk if you have penny or not, but if you do I would get klay, sell Dominique, and go with this lineup if it were me. The reason I say this is, because just from looking your team is only lacking shooting, and I'm a "3 and D" guy. Lebron is nice, but not for his price. I'd flip him and Dominique to get an elite all-around center to replace cousins. You can get any.. Kareem, Robinson, etc. Insert klay because he is the best all around value in the game imo. If you elected to get Robinson instead of someone like a Kareem, you could use your mt to get a dynamic scorer to bring in in emergency situations... I'm not sure about how much mt you would have left, but you may be able to reel someone in like a Mitch as well for rip.

CP3
clyde
Penny
George
*elite center*

Wall
Hamilton
Klay
AK47 (or flip for moments Porzingis)
Mutumbo
I like your thinking my starting lineup was in need of some more shooting for sure. I got different pieces I can still shuffle and try before selling....I've got the gold Mitch Richmond and also have Klay. I never thought of putting him at the 3 going to try that.

I am in need of an upgrade at center. I have Dominique, Moments Jordan and Rip (since I can get a better version of him by beating the 3rd seed) that are expendable to me. I have about 50k that might be enough to turn into a center. TBT Howard or Robinson maybe?

Last edited by P234thetruth; 02-21-2016 at 01:47 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »