Home

All-Star David Thompson still cannot do standing dunks.

This is a discussion on All-Star David Thompson still cannot do standing dunks. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-18-2016, 10:22 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
All-Star David Thompson still cannot do standing dunks.

He has an 85 standing dunk rating, and a 70 standing dunk tendency, so I'm guessing he doesn't have any Under Basket dunk packages equipped. Under Basket Athletic Flushes look kinda like a few of the dunks in some of his highlight videos I watched.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2016, 02:36 PM   #2
Banned

Re: All-Star David Thompson still cannot do standing dunks.

"Thank you for contacting 2K Support, we really appreciate it! I know that you’re itching to get back on the court, so I will do all I can to help you out.

From what I understand, you are not able to do a proper standing dunk with David Thompson in NBA 2K16. I am very sorry to hear that – it’s actually happened to me before so I know how you feel! First of all, would you mind doing a bit of troubleshooting for me? We recommend trying a cache clear, as this is a common solution to many issues that NBA 2K gamers experience.

Hopefully this helps! If it didn't, don’t worry. We got you! The next troubleshooting suggestion we have is to completely re-install your game - don't forget to back up your files so that your MyCAREER and MyGM saves are kept safe!

If you’re still not able to do a nice standing dunk wit David Thompson, you may be having an issue with your connection. My first advice is to check the NBA2K server status, which you can find here – you can see the status of specific game modes as well. For helpful connectivity troubleshooting, please see here.

Lastly, if your issue is still occurring after all of our troubleshooting – would you mind sending us some more information? The more details you share about what’s going on, the easier it is for us to help you find a solution.

Gamertag/PSN ID:
Platform:
2K associated email address:
A description of what happened directly before the issue's occurrence:
Screenshots/videos of any error messages or crashes (make sure your gaming ID is visible in the shot):
If you need help on how to upload a video in your support ticket, please consult this link:

http://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/artic...Support-Ticket

Anything else you think might help:
We look forward to your response! Once again, allow me to apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you. You can trust that we will do our utmost to help so that you can get back to ballin'!

Should you have any additional 2K related questions, please feel free to let us know by messaging me back.

Stay strong, stay ballin!!"

Antoine B.
2K Support

Edit: This is so completely and utterly sad. As an offical response from 2k support

Last edited by A6_Foul_Out; 02-18-2016 at 02:43 PM.
Old 02-18-2016, 03:16 PM   #3
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Wait, why did you contact 2k support about not being able to do a standing dunk with a player?

What did you expect them to do?

At most they could say "We'll forward it on to the developers".
Old 02-18-2016, 03:37 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
Wait, why did you contact 2k support about not being able to do a standing dunk with a player?

That. Exactly that. Instead, it appears they merely fill in the blanks with the problem and put out the same script every time. It's infuriating.
Old 02-18-2016, 03:40 PM   #5
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Lmao @ "clear your cache."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2016, 03:40 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by A6_Foul_Out
That. Exactly that. Instead, it appears they merely fill in the blanks with the problem and put out the same script every time. It's infuriating.
yeah, I get the same canned responses from them as well...but I was rotflol when I read "check your connection" did they really say check server status and it may be your connection as to the reason why you can't do a standing dunk? if they did, I am just done. lol.
Old 02-18-2016, 03:41 PM   #7
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929

The bolded is an unnecessary comment but I agree with the rest of your post. I don't believe 2K support can help with ratings or gameplay mechanics...only technical support issues where the game is having issues related to playback on the PS4.
Old 02-18-2016, 03:52 PM   #8
Pro

Mbunn1993's Arena

OVR: 4

They might as well have told you "Try restarting your Playstation console."

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »