Home

With 96k mt who should I pick up?

This is a discussion on With 96k mt who should I pick up? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-16-2016, 08:16 AM   #1
Pro

Scooby Doo's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm deciding between Money Mitch (90k), Rick Barry (65k), and David Thompson (48k).

My starting LU: Curry, Klay, Carmelo (Amethyst), Anthony Davis, DPOY Dwight.

I'm trying to get rid of Melo so theoretically the SG and SF positions are what I want to upgrade. I know that Mitch is a great shooter, but Thompson's speed and dunk/finishing abilities look like a slightly worse version of DPOY MJ that can shoot the occasional 3. And then there's Barry, who just looks awesome.

Who do you guys think I should go for?

MVP: ZaZa Pachulia
QG Tier: Playoff+
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2016, 09:50 AM   #2
Banned

Re: With 96k mt who should I pick up?

Save for when moment zack or Aaron Gordon lol, they gonna be behind boost and sure they speed would be high so need buying no slow sg/sf now
Old 02-16-2016, 10:50 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 17

IMO Mitch is the better of three. On paper Barry looks good but his shot animation is a bit slow and his dribble animations are horrible.
A slasher makes a lot of sense for your LU. Thompson can work for you. Just note his dunk tendencies are set to 0.
In freestyle he doesn't dunks with the shot button, you have to use the shot stick to dunk. Plus he lay oops up. They may or may not fix his dunk ten
I only played 1 game him and didn't really like him. I feel they are better options for least MT too.

At the end of the day we all have our preference. Try them out at the gauntlet.

XBL Scramz B
Old 02-16-2016, 11:40 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
IMO Mitch is the better of three. On paper Barry looks good but his shot animation is a bit slow and his dribble animations are horrible.
A slasher makes a lot of sense for your LU. Thompson can work for you. Just note his dunk tendencies are set to 0.
In freestyle he doesn't dunks with the shot button, you have to use the shot stick to dunk. Plus he lay oops up. They may or may not fix his dunk ten
I only played 1 game him and didn't really like him. I feel they are better options for least MT too.

At the end of the day we all have our preference. Try them out at the gauntlet.

XBL Scramz B
Thompson got fixed, he dunks like a beast now

Btw Scramz, since you already have 2 good shooters (Curry and Clay) i recommend Gervin at the 3, a great scorer, rebounder and slasher and plays good defense, can also play SG, and i would also wait to see how much amethyst Klay will drop in price.
Old 02-16-2016, 11:51 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator122
Thompson got fixed, he dunks like a beast now

Btw Scramz, since you already have 2 good shooters (Curry and Clay) i recommend Gervin at the 3, a great scorer, rebounder and slasher and plays good defense, can also play SG, and i would also wait to see how much amethyst Klay will drop in price.

That's good to hear.

Thats the OP lineup not mines lol. Gervin is a good option for him tho. I'm waiting for the right price to pick him up. I'm going to play him at the 2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2016, 11:53 AM   #6
Pro

pro_cow_tipper's Arena

Please please don't get Rick Barry. He's got good looking stats, but he is so trash on the court. I'd definitely go for ROTY MJ. Top 5 finisher in the game, great defender, tons of badges and hot zones, and has a great release. I doubt you'll find another player that will improve every aspect of your team for that cheap.
Pettit / McGinnis
Porzingod / Cousins
YouTube 🙂
Old 02-16-2016, 01:21 PM   #7
Pro

Scooby Doo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
That's good to hear.

Thats the OP lineup not mines lol. Gervin is a good option for him tho. I'm waiting for the right price to pick him up. I'm going to play him at the 2.
What is Gervin good at, and how much does he cost?

And yeah Cow, I'm avoiding Barry. I keep hearing that his stats don't translate into actual gameplay.

As of now I'm leaning towards Thompson. I had gold MJ and loved him, but sold him a while back. Thompson seems like the same MJ but with better shooting and slightly better finishing, and just worse on D. I can deal with that since I have Howard and AD roaming the paint.

Thompson is also a lot cheaper than Mitch, who I feel like is just a small-medium upgrade over Klay.

Thank you everyone for the feedback! Keep it comin
Old 02-16-2016, 01:42 PM   #8
Pro

pro_cow_tipper's Arena

Not sure if you mean the moments one by "Gold MJ", but that one is total trash haha. He's terrible compared to the ROTY one. Just my two cents haha.

I was thinking about making a thread about that DPOY Dwight the other day, but I ended up spending all my cash on CP3. Is he the animal that his stats suggest? Both my starting bigs were free and I've avoided spending anything on them so far as I do mostly guard play stuff, but he looks sooo good.
Pettit / McGinnis
Porzingod / Cousins
YouTube 🙂

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »