Home

The New Kobe... [MyGM]

This is a discussion on The New Kobe... [MyGM] within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-15-2016, 03:59 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
The New Kobe... [MyGM]

I have this idea where I start a MyGM with the lakers.. Usually after the first season 2k has Kobe retiring usually.. Every once and a while you'll see Kobe in free agency joining a random team like the Grizzlies which is kinda nerve wrecking because 2k should know by now Kobe will die a laker but anyways I'm hoping that Kobe retires and I'm going to use a draft class made by "EmbraceThaPace" [for ps4 users] and I'm going to add a guy to that class who is going to be the new Kobe Bryant I'm going to give him the same body and give him the attributes of the '98 Kobe which has a overall of 81. Everything about this kid will be Kobe except I'll give him the name of my son he'll be my JR. So as one Kobe leaves well draft another one and create awhole new legacy...

Any ideas or any bring suggestions to help make this bigger and better is more then welcomed.. I'm actually hoping you guys can add some things to help make this great.. I also need ideas and suggestions on how I could get my lakers pick back from the 76ers so that I can actually draft this guy! And also what moves or changes could help my team because Bryon Scott won't be here long and I wanna build another lakers dynasty with this new Kobe and would love to give him another Shaq like big [Andre Drummond] any input is appreciated hope you guys can give some positive great ideas appreciate for reading thank you..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2016, 04:01 PM   #2
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

Re: The New Kobe... [MyGM]

Use trade override

College Football - Iowa Hawkeyes
College Basketball - Iowa Hawkeyes

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild
Old 02-15-2016, 04:06 PM   #3
Rookie

How do you turn it on? I don't see that anymore I think they removed that
Old 02-15-2016, 06:47 PM   #4
Pro

There is no trade override in MyGM it's only in MyLeague
Old 02-16-2016, 02:03 AM   #5
Rookie

This is one of the things that I hate about franchise mode. Unrealistic free agency after the first season.

Kobe almost always leaves the Lakers for 10 million. Dirk almost always leaves the Mavericks. Lebron always leaves the Cavs for the Celtics, Sixers or Nets (Because the Cavs can't afford Lebron), etc.

It's why I always do 30 team control and then force whoever gets Lebron to trade him back to the Cavs.

This is probably hard to code because of the sheer number of players compared to the very few who are team lifers. There should be some way to do exceptions though. I don't care what alternate reality you might live in, Dirk and Kobe are not leaving their respective teams and Lebron wouldn't dare leave Cleveland again, especially not to go to the ****ing Nets or sixers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2016, 03:21 AM   #6
Rookie

Exactly I hate that 2k hasn't done anything to fix that and some of the draft picks aren't protected like in real life so the 76ers automatically get the lakers pick
I might have to do the 30 team thing it just takes so long with injuries and then resigning everybody and making trades then I have to draft for everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickthemajin
This is one of the things that I hate about franchise mode. Unrealistic free agency after the first season.

Kobe almost always leaves the Lakers for 10 million. Dirk almost always leaves the Mavericks. Lebron always leaves the Cavs for the Celtics, Sixers or Nets (Because the Cavs can't afford Lebron), etc.

It's why I always do 30 team control and then force whoever gets Lebron to trade him back to the Cavs.

This is probably hard to code because of the sheer number of players compared to the very few who are team lifers. There should be some way to do exceptions though. I don't care what alternate reality you might live in, Dirk and Kobe are not leaving their respective teams and Lebron wouldn't dare leave Cleveland again, especially not to go to the ****ing Nets or sixers.
Old 02-16-2016, 09:50 AM   #7
Pro

One of the things I did in My League to help the Cleveland Cavilers to resign sign Lebron was to change his contract from Player to Team this usually results in players resigning. You can also adjust the CPU resign aggressiveness. This also results in a lot of player resigning in My League.
Old 02-17-2016, 05:37 AM   #8
Rookie

mongo13clikke's Arena

Can you edit players in MyGM like in MyLeague? Regarding the Kobe retirement problem what I will try next time is release him to FA and then give im an injury for max length. I guess no team should be interested in him then so he should stay out of the league at least.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »