Home

Has 2k ever given a reason for these stupid joke diamond players?

This is a discussion on Has 2k ever given a reason for these stupid joke diamond players? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-11-2016, 01:33 PM   #1
Rookie

Syco_G's Arena

OVR: 0
Has 2k ever given a reason for these stupid joke diamond players?

I really don't get it. And didn't think this would be become a constant thing to this point. If you are going to give diamond cards to players that don't deserve them why not players like Vince Carter, Penny Hardaway, Clyde Drexler, Dennis Rodman. Players that are really upper 80/low 90 overalls, but at least it could be some what understandable for them to have a special edition and fans would really like them.

Who in the world wants a diamond Luis Scola or this new Rondo? Even if I got him for free right now I would never use him because it is Luis Scola. I don't want diamond players for the sake of having diamond players I want them because I'd like to use that player.

Main NBA 2K16 Myteam Lineup:
Chris Paul -Allstar- / Steph Curry
Michael Jordan -DPotY- / Harden
Klay Thompson / Pippen
Anthony Davis / Aminu
Bill Russell -MVP- / Ewing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2016, 01:41 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Has 2k ever given a reason for these stupid joke diamond players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syco_G
I really don't get it. And didn't think this would be become a constant thing to this point. If you are going to give diamond cards to players that don't deserve them why not players like Vince Carter, Penny Hardaway, Clyde Drexler, Dennis Rodman. Players that are really upper 80/low 90 overalls, but at least it could be some what understandable for them to have a special edition and fans would really like them.

Who in the world wants a diamond Luis Scola or this new Rondo? Even if I got him for free right now I would never use him because it is Luis Scola. I don't want diamond players for the sake of having diamond players I want them because I'd like to use that player.
I think someone lost a bet and had to let their 10 year old make decisions for My Team for a month.

I mean you have to have some sort of boundaries. As rare as Amethysts were supposed to be in the beginning (before dupe glitch) they should have proposed the criteria that Diamond cards should be reserved for someone in the consensus of being a top 50 GOAT. then you can have exceptions, like scoring/rebounding champs, MVP's, etc...
Old 02-11-2016, 01:50 PM   #3
Pro

Their reason for each one(TBT and Moments) is a specific performance by that player.
Old 02-11-2016, 01:53 PM   #4
MVP

2k does not give explanations for anything. They will make huge mistakes and never admit it. While they have a gambling game and completely control the odds. They will say a player is going to be released and then it is several hours or even days later before he is even in packs. Jerry West was only released a few days after and they never said anything about it.

http://2kmtcentral.com/18/lineups/6910/teamdavis
Old 02-11-2016, 02:02 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessingSpore72
2k does not give explanations for anything. They will make huge mistakes and never admit it. While they have a gambling game and completely control the odds. They will say a player is going to be released and then it is several hours or even days later before he is even in packs. Jerry West was only released a few days after and they never said anything about it.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
BUY VC BUY VC VUY VC BUY VC BUY VC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2016, 03:30 PM   #6
Rookie

Syco_G's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessingSpore72
I don't even open packs and hearing stuff like this is still frustrating to hear. And I'm sure they do nothing for the people who either put a lot of time to get MT or a lot of money to get VC that wasted it all

Klay Thompson / Pippen
Anthony Davis / Aminu
Old 02-11-2016, 04:28 PM   #7
Rookie

its not like anybody can pull them so we can basically ignore them in rttp, all of the tbt diamonds go for over a million mt on ps4 except kevin love so u wouldn't get a chance to use any diamonds anyhow unless your loaded on MT or playing gauntlet. They just want to milk people's MT/Money as much as they can before this game mode dies out completely. 2k is not going to change their greedy scamming ways unless ppl stop buying VC/Packs. Trust me, hypebeasts will open packs/buy vc for any new diamond player that comes out, doesn't matter who it is

Last edited by OGSwegz; 02-11-2016 at 04:33 PM.
Old 02-11-2016, 04:36 PM   #8
Rookie

Syco_G's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGSwegz
its not like anybody can pull them so we can basically ignore them in rttp, all of the tbt diamonds go for over a million mt on ps4 except kevin love so u wouldn't get a chance to use any diamonds anyhow unless your loaded on MT or playing gauntlet. They just want to milk people's MT/Money as much as they can before this game mode dies out completely. 2k is not going to change their greedy scamming ways unless ppl stop buying VC/Packs.
I can't believe that people even try with the TBT packs. I'm glad they do because somebody has to get them to be on the market but the chances are so low getting a TBT diamond without spend 500k MT is like hitting the powerball.

However on Xbox diamond Kemba is going for as low as 350k and Curry can be gotten for around 400k. I don't know why the PS4 market is so inflated.

Klay Thompson / Pippen
Anthony Davis / Aminu

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »