Home

Get Rid Of Canned Dribbling Animation aka Kobe, Jamal Crawford

This is a discussion on Get Rid Of Canned Dribbling Animation aka Kobe, Jamal Crawford within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-08-2016, 08:01 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Get Rid Of Canned Dribbling Animation aka Kobe, Jamal Crawford

Cannned dribbling animations is lame and doesn't have any skill too it. The fact that canned dribbling animations are like the only effective half court dribbling you can do is lame.

Scrap the entire system.

There should be 3 dribbling styles: ShowTime, Economical and Balanced. Kyrie Irving and Curry would be ShowTime. Lebron would Economical. Joe Johnson and Durant would be balanced. Dribbling style dictates what moves you can do and how loose with the ball you are while dribbling. There should be pros and cons to dribbling styles.

Second, there should be a Tempo rating. Tempo dictates how much space you cover with your strides and how fluid and how much control you have over your dribble speed. There should also be a Tempo modifier when you dribble so you can slow down your dribble and speed it up so you can be crafty.

Dribble moves should be done like a fighting game. All dribble moves should be possible with chaining the right stick and modification with a shoulder button. Meaning down right down left, should trigger a move. Not hold shoulder button and flick down.

You shouldn't be able to flick the right stick and 80 percent of the work gets done for you, that's lame.

You shouldn't be limited to like 4 dribble moves that you spam over and over again.

Also, ball control and ball security need to be a complete separate state.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2016, 08:13 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Get Rid Of Canned Dribbling Animation aka Kobe, Jamal Crawford

Quote:
Originally Posted by cablexdeadpool
Cannned dribbling animations is lame and doesn't have any skill too it. The fact that canned dribbling animations are like the only effective half court dribbling you can do is lame.

Scrap the entire system.

There should be 3 dribbling styles: ShowTime, Economical and Balanced. Kyrie Irving and Curry would be ShowTime. Lebron would Economical. Joe Johnson and Durant would be balanced. Dribbling style dictates what moves you can do and how loose with the ball you are while dribbling. There should be pros and cons to dribbling styles.

Second, there should be a Tempo rating. Tempo dictates how much space you cover with your strides and how fluid and how much control you have over your dribble speed. There should also be a Tempo modifier when you dribble so you can slow down your dribble and speed it up so you can be crafty.

Dribble moves should be done like a fighting game. All dribble moves should be possible with chaining the right stick and modification with a shoulder button. Meaning down right down left, should trigger a move. Not hold shoulder button and flick down.

You shouldn't be able to flick the right stick and 80 percent of the work gets done for you, that's lame.

You shouldn't be limited to like 4 dribble moves that you spam over and over again.

Also, ball control and ball security need to be a complete separate state.
I like this, do continue. I feel similar on this front. I hate the animation when dribbling and the ball is magnetized to your hand, it's like a full court dribble in slow motion.
Old 02-09-2016, 04:22 AM   #3
Banned

If it was this way and they toned down corner threes and made it so max height is 6'10 would make the park near perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-09-2016, 07:08 AM   #4
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Signature size ups were removed with this thought in mind and the fans on OS and Twitter alike begged for it back. You are actually able to steal the ball during a signature size up btw.

They aren't the only effective move in half court, I've been pulling off (and showing) combinations all year, its just a matter of getting them down. They are however the easiest thing to branch out of because of the large lunges you mentioned that the defense cant react to....and those need to be toned down. I do like your idea but I don't like the idea of removing any more signature aspects, it just needs to be refined.
Old 02-09-2016, 07:13 AM   #5
Banned

jordanlaff's Arena

I understand the left right cheese was od last year but come on, stop crying cause u trash it's a size up u can't remove a size up thats dumb
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2016, 10:34 AM   #6
Rookie

I'd rather have the canned size ups removed and actually force the player to use skill to perform these moves, with timing. If you mistime your dribbles it can/should cause stumbles and turnovers.

Dribbling is too rigid and mechanic in this game, should be more fluid and skill based.
Old 02-09-2016, 12:47 PM   #7
Pro

What shocks me most about dribbling is lack of organic crossover and ankle breakers i enjoyed them so much in 2k14, so far in 2k16 i haven't seen even one 'real deal' ankle breaker and by saying 'real deal' i mean on this..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tljq91SgodM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkHI1hGvWRY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v6JUzxWoGw
Old 02-09-2016, 03:48 PM   #8
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

You can rip these animations....

Alternatively, kids who spam these do the same thing repeatedly with very little variation. Simply learn the pattern and stop it. It's not hard.

Like 24 said, you don't need them, you can make your own moves. You can chain in and out of these moves(mid animation no less), and a ton of other things that NO ONE does.

Hell, I use Crawford as a set up now. It's so widely used, and people do the same thing with it so much that any deviation completely twists people up.

TL;DR: Some of these create crazy space, yes. They are defendable. The fact that everyone uses the same ones the same way isn't a reason to chop'm out.

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »