Home

Offball needs to actually have a consequence

This is a discussion on Offball needs to actually have a consequence within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-05-2016, 07:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Offball needs to actually have a consequence

I understand in a few situations where offball may be nessacary like drawing a charge on turbo cheesers but, starting the game off on off ball and dodging the person with the ball constantly is just putrid and doesnt define sim ball what so ever. im pretty sure when you go online, u expect to face a human being of some sort and not 50% human(on offense) and 50% cpu(defense).

Id say if you are playing off the ball for an extended amount of time(more than 3-5 seconds) that u are guarding the ball handler of some aort, cpus defensive stats should drop or something or whatever u guys can come up with to create some balance and a more sim environment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2016, 08:10 PM   #2
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Offball needs to actually have a consequence

If I catch someone playing off-ball with one of their perimeter defenders I send the man they're guarding on a manual cut to the rim. If I see them playing off-ball with their Center I pick and roll them to death. Works everytime.
Old 02-06-2016, 12:23 AM   #3
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

An easy "fix" to this (besides what's been said above and actually does work) would be to let us see our matchups tendencies before the game starts and let us back out beforehand.

If I see a guy who has a good record and plays 50+% off ball defense and shoots a lot of threes, I'll just backout and find another opponent that won't bother me.

-Allen Iverson
Old 02-06-2016, 12:35 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
If I catch someone playing off-ball with one of their perimeter defenders I send the man they're guarding on a manual cut to the rim. If I see them playing off-ball with their Center I pick and roll them to death. Works everytime.
Exactly. A player doesn't have to guard you and they dont have to be guarding you, for you to make them pay. Worry less about who they choose to use to defend and more about the tools available.
Old 02-06-2016, 02:23 AM   #5
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
Exactly. A player doesn't have to guard you and they dont have to be guarding you, for you to make them pay. Worry less about who they choose to use to defend and more about the tools available.
Had someone do this in gauntlet mode with an amethyst Lebron vs. Valenciunas(sp?). He just camped the paint offball with Lebron. Valley scored 18 points.

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2016, 04:35 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
An easy "fix" to this (besides what's been said above and actually does work) would be to let us see our matchups tendencies before the game starts and let us back out beforehand.

If I see a guy who has a good record and plays 50+% off ball defense and shoots a lot of threes, I'll just backout and find another opponent that won't bother me.
Yup. For Play now, you can simply dashboard as soon as you see Thunder/Cavs/Warriors without penalty.
Old 02-06-2016, 10:54 AM   #7

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Didn't 2K make it to where the CPU shot contest percentage is lower than the human ? So therefore if your opponent plays off ball and you shoot with the CPU guarding you, the chances of making the basket increases ? Pretty sure that was implemented a few years ago. I agree if someone is intentionally playing off ball just to avoid covering you that's cowardly. However I have no issue with someone playing off ball if there's a mismatch, someone constantly getting beat, or your just standing there with the ball handler setting up a play.
Old 02-06-2016, 11:25 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
Didn't 2K make it to where the CPU shot contest percentage is lower than the human ? So therefore if your opponent plays off ball and you shoot with the CPU guarding you, the chances of making the basket increases ? Pretty sure that was implemented a few years ago. I agree if someone is intentionally playing off ball just to avoid covering you that's cowardly. However I have no issue with someone playing off ball if there's a mismatch, someone constantly getting beat, or your just standing there with the ball handler setting up a play.
Yes, they did. But to exploit that specifically, you would take worse shots than you would against an user.

It's certainly not worth having plus plus super CPU defenders that are near impossible to get around.

But if you're even decent at off-balling, you're switching back to user right before the shot goes in the air.

Off-Balling in reaction to what's going on is not what OP is referring to. ie. Screes, Rotations, doubles, stopping the Turbo.

Off-balling complete half-court sets makes it little fun for the other player because the CPU is so good. There should be such a discouragement away from off-ball so people choose not to do it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »