Home

Enhanced EA rosters for Legacy (PS3/PAL)

This is a discussion on Enhanced EA rosters for Legacy (PS3/PAL) within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-04-2016, 07:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Enhanced EA rosters for Legacy (PS3/PAL)

Some of you may be familiar with my similar thread for NHL 15. The idea for this version is the same, with a slight difference.

As it took quite a lot of time to check all the lineup combos of the season, my priority was to have the correct lines in this roster. Therefore features like updated faceoff ratings and accurate arena info were left for the next version. Also, I've only updated the top national teams (CAN, USA, RUS, CZE, SVK, FIN, SWE, SUI), leaving the rest for the future.

To save me some time, I'll just copy and paste the introduction from the old thread.

---

If anyone's interested, here are "my" rosters. Actually, this is an enhanced version of EA's latest Roster Update. Note that I don't consider myself a roster maker, so I haven't edited any ratings o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶f̶a̶c̶e̶o̶f̶f̶ ̶r̶a̶t̶i̶n̶g̶s̶.

I've made this roster only for my own use, but since I've used so many hours to get them accurate, I thought maybe some of you would like to give it a try.

So why should you try this roster? If you're satisfied with EA ratings, and would like to have accurate lines for NHL, Liiga and National teams, then go ahead!

Features:
a) 100% accurate lines (including 3PK and 4PP units and shootouts!)
b) Accurate captaincies
c) A̶c̶c̶u̶r̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶f̶a̶c̶e̶o̶f̶f̶ ̶r̶a̶t̶i̶n̶g̶s̶ ̶b̶a̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶p̶u̶r̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶f̶a̶c̶e̶o̶f̶f̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶t̶i̶s̶t̶i̶c̶s̶.̶ Will be added later!
d) A̶c̶c̶u̶r̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶n̶a̶ ̶i̶n̶f̶o̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶N̶H̶L̶,̶ ̶L̶i̶i̶g̶a̶,̶ ̶D̶E̶L̶,̶ ̶S̶H̶L̶,̶ ̶N̶L̶A̶,̶ ̶E̶x̶t̶r̶a̶l̶i̶g̶a̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶n̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶a̶l̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶s̶.̶ Will be added later!

Some things to consider:

- Only NHL (including Winter Classic), Liiga and the major national teams are updated. For other leagues, I may have moved some players to correct teams, but don't count on me to have accurate rosters for the rest of the leagues.
- All the players who have been part of the NHL team roster this season are included in the NHL team (excluding players assigned back to juniors). Some players are on both NHL and AHL team roster, so if you want to start a season, be sure to delete the duplicates first.

For those who really want a detailed explanation on what this "accuracy" means, read the following notes. Otherwise skip to the download link and start playing!

1. This is crazy, but I've checked every single PP and PK unit from every game since the start of the NHL season until the All-Star break. So every single lineup combo for NHL teams is 100% accurate/realistic.
2. Since these rosters are made for my personal use, and I play the game quite rarely nowadays, I've ignored the injuries. All the lineups are based on the latest game, but if the team had a significant player injured that time, that player has been inserted to the lineup to a spot he would most likely play in, without disturbing the rest of the lineup. So for example, Edmonton Oilers haven't played a game this season with Connor McDavid, Jordan Eberle and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins all in the same lineup. Since the roster is based on their latest game before the All-Star break, I didn't want to break the accuracy of the first two lines by inserting McDavid (who hadn't played for months) there. Instead, he is placed on the third line to replace Zack Kassian, who has spent some time in the minors this season.
3. How did I determine who would be scratched to make room for an injured player? Like I said, I've checked every lineup combo for every game for every team, so I got an idea how the lineups were evolving. This "research" took me hundreds of hours (I'm not saying it was smart though, haha), so you could just trust me on this one.
4. The injured NHL players that were NOT inserted to the lineup were players whose last game was so long ago that their team's lines were totally different back then, hence making it impossible to insert them into the lineup without disturbing the rest of the lines. These players are Jiri Tlusty (NJD), Jon Merrill (NJD), Johan Franzen (DET), James Wisniewski (CAR) and David Clarkson (CBJ). Of course, players who haven't played a game this season are also scratched (Cody McCormick (BUF), Chris Phillips (OTT), Grant Clitsome (WPG) and Stephane Robidas (TOR)). I wanted to list these players so you can insert them into the lineup if you feel like they deserve a spot, no matter if the lines are disturbed.
5. Faceoff ratings will be updated for all the NHL, Liiga and national team players in the future versions. The ratings are balanced out so that a player who has taken only 10 faceoffs with a 60% rate doesn't have the same attribute as a player who's taken over 1000 faceoffs with the same rate. Here's the formula explained.
6. National teams are based on the Sochi 2014 Olympics (with the same accuracy as the NHL). However, players who were named or would have been named to the team, but had to opt out because of injury, are included. Also, the players who have announced their retirement from the national teams have been removed (except for Jaromir Jagr, since his retirement has been overruled in the past as well. I'm not buying it until he's really left out). The teams outside of the Olympics (and teams whose lineup was affected by retirements) will be based on IHWC 2015 tournament, but the best players who missed the tournament because of an injury or an ongoing NHL season are included.

Hope that some of you find this roster useful.

The roster is built on EA's roster update from January 19th on PS3 PAL version.
Updated as of February 1st, 2016.

Download here!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2016, 07:05 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Enhanced EA rosters for Legacy (PS3/PAL)

And of course, as I was posting this, EA has released a new roster update. Oh well, I try to transfer these changes to that version over the weekend (assuming it's available for Legacy as well).
Old 02-05-2016, 02:56 AM   #3
Rookie

Re: Enhanced EA rosters for Legacy (PS3/PAL)

very good ! add team khl (Russia)/ Beast!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters »