Home

Progression HAS to be changed in M17, along with the generated draft classes.

This is a discussion on Progression HAS to be changed in M17, along with the generated draft classes. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 08:36 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0

I simmed to 2029, and progression showed itself to be absolutely terrible, especially regarding AWR.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2016, 08:45 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Re: Progression HAS to be changed in M17, along with the generated draft classes.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...shlist-21.html
Old 02-01-2016, 09:01 PM   #3
Banned

Re: Progression HAS to be changed in M17, along with the generated draft classes.

What I noticed:
1: Every team has at least 2 99 AWR players, with some teams having 10+. The average AWR for a starter, just looking at rosters, looks to be around 92-95.
2. QB's don't lose physical attributes. Cam Newton still had 97 arm strength and 84 speed at 37, Mariota still had his 88 speed at 36, and there are a bunch of generated qbs in their mid 30s that still have 85+ speed.
3. QB's end up with 99 in all accuracy ratings after 5-6 years.
4. Other skill positions lose speed at insane rates. Travis Benjamin went down to a 75 speed at the age of 32, and there are many more.
5. D-linemen and corners have insanely low play rec. For whatever reason, the cpu dumps all their xp into awareness, and coverage for corners.

Now to adress the generated classes:
1. Complete lack of variety. There are no freak athletes, players with certain builds have virtually the same attributes every time. No backs have over 91 speed (literally not a single one), there are no recievers that are above 6'4, and no tall guys with speed and acceleration(a bunch of 6'4 guys have high 90s speed, but low 80s acceleration), there are no good fast safeties, and no freaks at hb or wr. There should be a few guys that are just insane, like Randy Moss, Bo Jackson etc, but you will never find anyone like that in madden. I don't want to see one of those guys every draft, but they need to exist.
2. Not a huge thing, but draft stories don't line up, especially with the combine. I've seen guys have "the best 3-cone" then I go check and he was 30th at his position. I would personally like to see a return of draft stories, like HC 09, Madden 13, and Madden 25. I know the classes were preset, so maybe just have those offline? Madden 13 didn't do much right, but their draft classes were awesome. I had a lot of fun following those, and then getting that hyped up college player. Sometimes he was great, sometimes not so much, but he had a storyline.

I think that for progression, we need to see a return of the potential system. But I think potential should be evaluated by your scouts, and the true rating should be hidden, and guys should have peak age start and end, like 2k has. It would add so much to the game. You could have guys that look great, then don't grow much, or just straight up busts, wrongly evaluated by your scouts. Production should also be incorporated into progression.

If ea don't want to do draft stories, at least give us customizable classes so we can have our own. If any of you are familiar with the simworld guys from 2k, imagine that with madden. The lack of variety would be solved if we could create and upload draft classes.

Old 02-01-2016, 09:02 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Oh my bad.

Old 02-02-2016, 01:03 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 3
Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard2001
Or what?
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2016, 02:58 AM   #6
Rookie

Absolutely ridiculous
Old 02-02-2016, 06:59 AM   #7
Rookie

MWit28725's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard2001
What I noticed:
1: Every team has at least 2 99 AWR players, with some teams having 10+. The average AWR for a starter, just looking at rosters, looks to be around 92-95.
2. QB's don't lose physical attributes. Cam Newton still had 97 arm strength and 84 speed at 37, Mariota still had his 88 speed at 36, and there are a bunch of generated qbs in their mid 30s that still have 85+ speed.
3. QB's end up with 99 in all accuracy ratings after 5-6 years.
4. Other skill positions lose speed at insane rates. Travis Benjamin went down to a 75 speed at the age of 32, and there are many more.
5. D-linemen and corners have insanely low play rec. For whatever reason, the cpu dumps all their xp into awareness, and coverage for corners.

Now to adress the generated classes:
1. Complete lack of variety. There are no freak athletes, players with certain builds have virtually the same attributes every time. No backs have over 91 speed (literally not a single one), there are no recievers that are above 6'4, and no tall guys with speed and acceleration(a bunch of 6'4 guys have high 90s speed, but low 80s acceleration), there are no good fast safeties, and no freaks at hb or wr. There should be a few guys that are just insane, like Randy Moss, Bo Jackson etc, but you will never find anyone like that in madden. I don't want to see one of those guys every draft, but they need to exist.
2. Not a huge thing, but draft stories don't line up, especially with the combine. I've seen guys have "the best 3-cone" then I go check and he was 30th at his position. I would personally like to see a return of draft stories, like HC 09, Madden 13, and Madden 25. I know the classes were preset, so maybe just have those offline? Madden 13 didn't do much right, but their draft classes were awesome. I had a lot of fun following those, and then getting that hyped up college player. Sometimes he was great, sometimes not so much, but he had a storyline.

I think that for progression, we need to see a return of the potential system. But I think potential should be evaluated by your scouts, and the true rating should be hidden, and guys should have peak age start and end, like 2k has. It would add so much to the game. You could have guys that look great, then don't grow much, or just straight up busts, wrongly evaluated by your scouts. Production should also be incorporated into progression.

If ea don't want to do draft stories, at least give us customizable classes so we can have our own. If any of you are familiar with the simworld guys from 2k, imagine that with madden. The lack of variety would be solved if we could create and upload draft classes.

Just curious, but what development cycle do you have set for the CPU? Every week, every 4, or end of season?
Old 02-02-2016, 07:59 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWit28725
Just curious, but what development cycle do you have set for the CPU? Every week, every 4, or end of season?
Every week

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »