Home

Speedyspence96 Roster Update

This is a discussion on Speedyspence96 Roster Update within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-30-2016, 05:13 PM   #1
Rookie

smichaelis9's Arena

OVR: 0
Speedyspence96 Roster Update

Hi everyone! I have just started creating a roster with all the correct salaries, all the prospects for each team, definitely making sure no top 100 guys are missing, and getting the exact 40 man for every team.

Weird things I'm doing to add to the contract situations
Players that have been cut/traded and are still owed money by the old team.
ex: Jarrod Saltalamaccia is owed 7.49 mil by the Marlins, so I'm giving a random catcher that much for one year on the Marlins so that the money is still incorporated into the amount spent. If you think this could be messing something up please let me know!

Spreadsheet with all the people with random money from above (Will keep adding to this) click this link!

Another thing I'm doing is taking money from the contract that other teams are paying, such as (sorry another Marlins example, I'm doing their contracts right now!) Martin Prado's contract is $11 mil this year, but the Yankee's are paying $3 mil of it so it will be $8 mil in his contract in the game.

Edit: Also, I am incorporating team options if I think that the team will pick up the option, and same with player options, so McCutchen's team option in 2018 will be included since it is a great deal at $14.5 mil, and will almost certainly be picked up.

Edit: One other thing I didn't mention, using Spotrac.com, all players are getting the amount of years that they are under team control added on to their contract, up until their first year of arbitration. So players like Jimmy Nelson who aren't up for arbitration until after the 2017 season, have contracts for two years which should lead straight to arbitration, without having to sign everyone to huge deals when they should really still be under team control.

Differed Money! Will be part of the contracts as an FYI, this should be added to next years game though!

Getting Started
I am obviously just getting started and could use any help I can get. If someone wants to create some guys, even just an ok face, and their height/weight would be greatly appreciated.

When it comes out
First of all, hopeful to get it out by around Valentines Day. Just a rough estimate, depends on how much time I have. Second, when it does come out I will be taking all the feedback I can get. You don't think these players should be rated this high/low? Let me know and I'll see what I can do!

I want this to be a community type roster, so if you know a pitcher throws a certain pitch and it isn't in my roster let me know! I'll add it as soon as I can.

If a certain Minor leaguer is on the wrong team let me know and if there is room on the correct teams roster I will fix it for you.

Just wanted to let you know what is in the works for you guys!

Questions for you guys!

UPDATE
All original bolded areas are updated above as I go through making the roster.
(updated 2/9)Every top 100 prospect is in the game with a legit potential. All players on MLB.com's top 10 at each position are in, even if not in top 100. I plan on making sure as many of the top 30 for each team are in when MLB.com updates each teams top 30.
(2/10)I am done with the NL, and Valentines Day, or in like the 3 days following, is still looking good for first release.
(2/12) Been really busy last two days... I will be working on the roster a lot tomorrow (Saturday the 13th) so I plan on getting at least an entire division done if not more.
(2/15) Done with Detroits contracts... Testing out the team control theory of how many years I need. Because it is a year behind I may need to add a year to everyone's team control leading to arbitration. Will keep you updated on this. After one year of simming here were the results (Season 2 just added) Contracts seem to be working perfectly to plan! I will be done with entire roster hoping for tonight and probably tomorrow at the latest. I will probably be doing a couple updates before the game comes out in a month and a half but I will be figuring that out after I'm all done!
(2/15) DONE!!!! Uploading to vault under username (Speedyspence96). Please leave feedback guys!

Last edited by smichaelis9; 02-15-2016 at 11:14 PM. Reason: adding
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2016, 11:48 AM   #2
Bacon's Fictional Roster

bacon96's Arena

Re: Speedyspence96 Roster Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by smichaelis9

Players I need created

Giants: Ian Gardek, Jake Smith
I made Ian Gardeck and Jake Smith. They're both on my Bacon96 v4 roster. You can go grab 'em and put them in your roster.

Last edited by bacon96; 01-31-2016 at 01:06 PM.
Old 01-31-2016, 07:10 PM   #3
Rookie

smichaelis9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon96
I made Ian Gardeck and Jake Smith. They're both on my Bacon96 v4 roster. You can go grab 'em and put them in your roster.
Thanks! I am thinking maybe I won't put that much work in, since nobody has shown any interest haha, but maybe I'll just go about it slower instead of trying to get it out there too quick...
Old 01-31-2016, 11:30 PM   #4
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by smichaelis9
Thanks! I am thinking maybe I won't put that much work in, since nobody has shown any interest haha, but maybe I'll just go about it slower instead of trying to get it out there too quick...
Don't think that just because people aren't commenting that people aren't interested. Many users on OS don't even post...
Old 02-01-2016, 05:18 PM   #5
Rookie

smichaelis9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Don't think that just because people aren't commenting that people aren't interested. Many users on OS don't even post...
Thanks, guess I didn't think about it... I am still planning on doing this, hopefully still get it out around the same day as stated in the OP.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2016, 05:41 PM   #6
Rookie

smichaelis9's Arena

The OP is updated with where I am so far... Going smoother than I thought it would, and if any one has questions or suggestions please let me know!
Old 02-15-2016, 05:30 PM   #7
Rookie

smichaelis9's Arena

Hey everyone! So I'm just about to start the AL East my last division! As of now my roster will play as though 2015 is 2016, 2016 is 2017 and so on. If this doesn't make sense to you, ask and I will try to give a better explanation haha. Basically if you start a franchise you will be playing 2015 with 2016 contracts for all the players. Hoping to finish it all tonight!
Old 02-15-2016, 11:15 PM   #8
Rookie

smichaelis9's Arena

DONE
Uploading to vault under the username Speedyspence96
Please leave feedback in the comments here! Be mean I don't care just let me know where I could improve my rosters!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »