Home

Who Is Decent On The Ground Already?

This is a discussion on Who Is Decent On The Ground Already? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-30-2016, 11:21 AM   #1
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

OVR: 0
Who Is Decent On The Ground Already?

For the love of God please help. Only transition I can recognize and deny is me in top half AI trying to recover full guard. He puts his hand on your leg. What is the best way to practice / look for tells? I've used Grapple Practice and just hold RT. When the AI transitions it briefly shows the direction to block. I just find it tricky keeping one eye on the HUD and the other trying to read his movement. Any suggestions?

Also it's probably just because my standup and combos are godawfull in fighting games but I find it much easier to throw them in this one than the first.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2016, 11:52 AM   #2
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Who Is Decent On The Ground Already?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishTouch76
For the love of God please help. Only transition I can recognize and deny is me in top half AI trying to recover full guard. He puts his hand on your leg. What is the best way to practice / look for tells? I've used Grapple Practice and just hold RT. When the AI transitions it briefly shows the direction to block. I just find it tricky keeping one eye on the HUD and the other trying to read his movement. Any suggestions?

Also it's probably just because my standup and combos are godawfull in fighting games but I find it much easier to throw them in this one than the first.
You wont be able to deny well until you learn how to grapple without relying on the hud. You already explained why. The grappling tells are too quick to look for and use the HUD at the same time.
Old 01-30-2016, 12:39 PM   #3
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

So how did you practice? Use one guy exclusively and learn his moves then take the HUD off? Here's a question then AHolbert. I have full mount. He moves his left arm first but slides it to the right? Which way should I deny?
Old 01-30-2016, 12:52 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Iin practice mode if you hold the Rt or R2 the HUD will open and then it will tell you which direction you need to defend, it will flash the direction and if you move that direction with out releasing (rt or r2) then it will block. Use that tell to see which direction you need to block based on the defense movement.
Old 01-30-2016, 12:57 PM   #5
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishTouch76
So how did you practice? Use one guy exclusively and learn his moves then take the HUD off? Here's a question then AHolbert. I have full mount. He moves his left arm first but slides it to the right? Which way should I deny?
Remember I had 25 hours of practice before the beta was released. Also basic transitions like side control, full mount, back slide are pretty much universal for every fighter. The subs and the advanced transitions are the ones that are different. I still need the HUD for those.

Its the leg that he is pushing back. If he is pushing to the left, you should deny to the left. If he is trying to escape, you should press down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2016, 02:01 PM   #6
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

Ok thanks. Ya don't even get me started on the unique grapple moves some fighters may have on the ground there. I have no shot right now there. Just want to get the basics down. I'll take the HUD off and really just watch the animation. I think hes pushing my right leg with his left arm when mounted. So deny right. I'll keep practicing. Thanks guys....

Ya blocking subs in a certain direction certainly makes it more challenging now too. Rather have it like this than too easy though. Much like my hitting abilities in The Show lol

Last edited by SwedishTouch76; 01-30-2016 at 02:03 PM.
Old 03-04-2016, 07:07 AM   #7
Rookie

Miller1121's Arena

I seem to be alright on the ground. Of course, I've only gotten it down since the beta ended so I've only have the AI to practice on. Could be a whole different game against a real opponent.
Old 03-04-2016, 10:13 AM   #8
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

I feel pretty comfortable on the floor. Mr. Knuckles can testify to that.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »