Home

Bad bad feeling about this years game

This is a discussion on Bad bad feeling about this years game within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-29-2016, 11:06 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Bad bad feeling about this years game

With the introduction of the perk system to road to the show this year and the exclusion of stride from last years game, MLB the show is going in totally the wrong direction...this arcady pandering to the casual gamer is gonna dig you guys to a COD EA hate. You've gained baseball fans over the years and maybe you'll lose some of them that actually care about he game of baseball. Maybe there is new onwership and you hired new blood that wants to take the Show in a totally new direction. I hope i'm totally wrong about everything i've said and stride is back and this perk bulllcrap is only an option when it comes to franchise.

Last edited by joshjays44; 01-29-2016 at 08:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2016, 11:32 AM   #2
Rookie

Sip_16's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Bad bad feeling about this years game

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjays44
With the introduction of the perk system to road to the show this year and the exclusion of stride from last years game, MLB the show is going in totally the wrong direction...this arcady pandering to the casual gamer is gonna dig you guys to a COD EA hate. You've gained baseball fans over the years and maybe you'll lose some of them that actually care about he game of baseball. Maybe there is new onwership and you hired new blood that wants to take the Show in a totally new direction. I hope i'm totally wrong about everything i've said and stride is back and this perk bulllcrap is only an option when it comes to franchise. If not, then good luck from a great game that got pressured into crap cause a bunch of pimple face lazy *** pansy noobs that wants to play an easy pick up game.
It's already been stated that perks are nothing but an option, you can use them or choose not to. They have usually been pretty good with leaving everything new/old as optional when it comes to things like the perks, etc.
I was a stride hitter and i would love for it to come back as well, but kinda hard to say much about the game when so little has been released, maybe its easier for some to go in thinking negatively instead of hopeful, but to each their own.

I doubt we see perks in franchise, i could be wrong but RTTS is role-playing in my view and perks usually follow RPGs. Excited to hear about the franchise changes/improvements!
Old 01-29-2016, 11:44 AM   #3
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

Quote:
With the introduction of the perk system to road to the show this year and the exclusion of stride from last years game, MLB the show is going in totally the wrong direction...this arcady pandering to the casual gamer is gonna dig you guys to a COD EA hate. You've gained baseball fans over the years and maybe you'll lose some of them that actually care about he game of baseball. Maybe there is new onwership and you hired new blood that wants to take the Show in a totally new direction. I hope i'm totally wrong about everything i've said and stride is back and this perk bulllcrap is only an option when it comes to franchise. If not, then good luck from a great game that got pressured into crap cause a bunch of pimple face lazy *** pansy noobs that wants to play an easy pick up game.

Old 01-29-2016, 11:47 AM   #4
All Star

Just keep the arcade stuff out of franchise mode and I'll be happy.
Old 01-29-2016, 11:50 AM   #5
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
The game is focus tested by various users with different skill sets. I am sure there is someone like you on the other side who finds the hardcore daunting and uninteresting. Common ground has to be met to attract the widest audience. There is always going to be people in their camp that feel they are getting the short end of the stick with each yearly release. If it plays the game of baseball properly on the field I think it can get to that goal with different imagined ways that appeal to everyone.

Last edited by nemesis04; 01-29-2016 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Spelling
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2016, 12:18 PM   #6
Bacon's Fictional Roster

bacon96's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
Just keep the arcade stuff out of franchise mode and I'll be happy.
I'm fine with them making RTTS a little more arcade-like. If they were to make any mode less like real life, it should've been RTTS anyways. It gets a little boring for me trying to play 162 games as the same batter on the same s*** team and not go anywhere for my whole career but then again, that's why I play franchise instead.
I don't know how you think they'll lose a single person with any of their changes. There's too many modes to be able to get into and Show Nation will continue to grow. Also I'm really excited to see what the other two new game modes are too!
Old 01-29-2016, 12:38 PM   #7
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon96
I'm fine with them making RTTS a little more arcade-like. If they were to make any mode less like real life, it should've been RTTS anyways. It gets a little boring for me trying to play 162 games as the same batter on the same s*** team and not go anywhere for my whole career but then again, that's why I play franchise instead.
I don't know how you think they'll lose a single person with any of their changes. There's too many modes to be able to get into and Show Nation will continue to grow. Also I'm really excited to see what the other two new game modes are too!
I have no demographic data to back it up but I suspect the vast majority of people who play rtts are kids and I'm 100% in favor of giving them whatever they want because the money they infuse into SCEA every year helps keep the company in the green and as a result helps the other modes. Make the game fun for the rtts users.

I'm sure the developers are smart enough to know franchise mode players and especially manage mode users like myself want realism.
Old 01-29-2016, 12:41 PM   #8
Pro

Stolm's Arena

I would be less irked by these inclusions, if they weren't slowly removing the more "harcore" aspects each year, and not replacing them with anything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »