Home

Generated counts

This is a discussion on Generated counts within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-26-2016, 01:45 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
Generated counts

Are these generated randomly, or based on a player's ability?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2016, 01:51 PM   #2
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Generated counts

I originally thought there was a relationship between batter ability, pitcher ability, and the generated count. But I think someone confirmed last year that the count was just random, regardless of the pitcher/batter matchup. Though I do think the 1-1, 2-1, 1-2 counts are more likely than 0-2, 3-0, and 3-2 counts...?
Old 01-26-2016, 02:32 PM   #3
Rookie

doughron's Arena

OVR: 6

I know last year they made it a 1-1 count when a pitcher came up in a sac bunt situation.
Old 01-26-2016, 03:08 PM   #4
Banned

Clarke99's Arena

I wish it was based on player/pitcher ability. but theres no way.

The idea is to break time down which is great in itself, however it would be nice if say jose bautista (great on base percentage/ high walk rate) got 3-1 counts,
Old 01-27-2016, 12:06 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke99

The idea is to break time down which is great in itself, however it would be nice if say jose bautista (great on base percentage/ high walk rate) got 3-1 counts,
Right, that's exactly my thought! It's one thing I never liked about baseball games. Eye and discipline ratings don't really seem to matter if you are physically controlling that hitter. I thought they may have finally found a way to incorporate artificial intelligence of players ability work parallel with human interaction. I have a very good idea to make it work, I just never understood why something was never implemented. Figured maybe this was it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2016, 12:08 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:

Another reason I ask this, is because I play with the Reds, it seems like Billy Hamilton and Jay Bruce start out with a lot of 2 strike counts. Thought maybe there was a correlation there
Old 01-28-2016, 03:25 AM   #7
Banned

Clarke99's Arena

The discipline rating in this game allows you to check swings easier and not just blow through chasing as much.
Joey Votto's Im sure is high where as Todd Fraizier If I remember correctly wasnt
Player vision in this game allows you to cover more of the plate and foul off tough pitches.

But ya it would be a nice touch if they had an algorithm that could calculate the quality of hitter vs quality of pitcher for the counts, and they may have one after all that just doesnt get it done correctly yet.
Old 01-28-2016, 10:20 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
The discipline rating in this game allows you to check swings easier and not just blow through chasing as much.
Joey Votto's Im sure is high where as Todd Fraizier If I remember correctly wasnt
Player vision in this game allows you to cover more of the plate and foul off tough pitches.

But ya it would be a nice touch if there had an algorithm that could calculate the quality of hitter vs quality of pitcher for the counts, and they may have one after all that just doesnt get it done correctly yet.
Yea, you are right about that. I've noticed that, it's minor, but it's something to help reflect those ratings

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »