Home

FG, And this is exactly why...

This is a discussion on FG, And this is exactly why... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 01:01 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 2
FG, And this is exactly why...

New England lost a crucial game. Why? Because they simply missed an Extra point kick. It changed everything. SOMETHING you never see by the CPU teams in Madden, Not even a chance of missing. This has been broken for years and really needs to be address. The excitement is completely gone when Human is playing a CPU team in CFM mode. CPU teams never miss FG's inside 45 yds, Every kick is right down the middle. I have tried everything, I have adjusted FG acc down to 0 only to find it only affects erratic kicks for humans.. I have adjusted the Kickers individual KA, KP, and AWR for CPU teams down to 0, but it doesn't matter.. This is really becoming a game Killer to me. In a close game, When the CPU is inside the the 30 yd line, and going to kick the Winning FG, there is no nail biting, or hoping they will miss, You simply know it is over. The whole point of FB is the fact that anything can happen at any time. It's in the game.. But it is not in Madden and quite frankly, there is absolutely no excuse for this. This issue should have been addressed years ago. It is a huge fundamental part of FB.. When it comes to FG's or extra point attempts, you should be holding on to the edge of your seat. That is why the NFL changed the extra point attempt, to do exactly as it did yesterday. Not make it completely automatic with no chance of missing. . RIDICULOUS... Thanks for letting me vent..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2016, 01:07 PM   #2
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FG, And this is exactly why...

Well hopefully EA Tiburon can come up with an option for Real FG%

A toggle or option you can select. If you choose Real FG% The dice roll will be heavily weighted to the real life FG% of that kicker. For drafted kickers they can create a rating to dictate this dice roll for those that choose to kick this way.

Manual Kicking - as it is in it's current form.

Hopefully this is looked at carefully and given the attention it deserves.

In the meantime....I sim every single CPU kick. At least I am seeing misses. I have no problem missing my own kicks....the CPU is the real issue as stated above.
NHL25 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Old 01-25-2016, 01:29 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 2

Tks A&S. So you are saying by simming all FG and EP attempts. You are getting missed FG's..?? Are these misses short or only long attempts. I have seen the CPU miss very long attempts, usually 49 or more but never anything 45 or less.. Also I wonder if that would work with Kick and punt returns for TD's, I have never had one, nor CPU either.. If that is the case, i will give it a try.. As far as my own kicking FG's.. I have missed plenty.. So maybe I will just sim the CPU attempts. And PS,, TKS for all you hard work on the sliders, enjoying them.
Old 01-25-2016, 01:48 PM   #4
Pro

bjb2445's Arena

Cluby,

I've been simming all of my kicks as well recently, and the %'s are much more realistic. Both my kicker, and the CPU kicker miss short and long FGs, and kicks get blocked.

I've also had both miss extra points when simmed.
Old 01-25-2016, 01:51 PM   #5
Rookie

KickassJohnson's Arena

OVR: 3

To sort of piggyback on this, in the same game you may have seen Jamie Collins make several big plays but he also made a couple of crucial mistakes in coverage including the first TD to Owen Daniels which he completely missed in his zone...

When that play happened my very first thought was "That would never happen in Madden". Seriously, the CPU never makes a mistake in coverage. Every game is just strategically out-doing the CPU to score and win. It would be hard to pull of programming wise and would obviously be extremely sensitive but an error-prone % or trait, similar to the "Discipline", would be an interesting addition.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2016, 02:11 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickassJohnson
To sort of piggyback on this, in the same game you may have seen Jamie Collins make several big plays but he also made a couple of crucial mistakes in coverage including the first TD to Owen Daniels which he completely missed in his zone...

When that play happened my very first thought was "That would never happen in Madden". Seriously, the CPU never makes a mistake in coverage. Every game is just strategically out-doing the CPU to score and win. It would be hard to pull of programming wise and would obviously be extremely sensitive but an error-prone % or trait, similar to the "Discipline", would be an interesting addition.
But that is partially because if it did happen a large number of people would demand it get patched.
Old 01-25-2016, 02:33 PM   #7
Rookie

Like a few others have stated, simming the kick gives good variety. In my opinion, simming every kick action by the CPU is best. I've had the CPU miss a 35 yard FG, I've had kick/punt returns for TD, etc. Plus, it shaves a good 5 minutes or so off the time you spend playing because you don't have to play those plays. With it taking over an hour to play a game in order to get realistic play counts/snaps and statistics, saving 5-10 minutes by simming kicks is nice.

I don't think they need to institute a real FG% like a lot have mentioned, though. In my opinion, that's going to be too difficult to figure out. Do we go by career average? Season average? David Akers was one of the best kickers the first 12 seasons or so, then came his second season in San Francisco and he was awful. What they should do, again in my opinion, is have Awareness, kick power, and kick accuracy all part of the dice roll. Nearly all NFL kickers can kick a 60 yard field goal. They have the leg strength. However, Kickers in Madden with Kick Power under 90 have no shot at making it from 55+, even with perfect power and accuracy. Meanwhile, every Madden fan knows that kick accuracy rating has very little impact on a user-controlled kicker. Madden just needs to incorporate a better dice roll probability based on all three of those attributes.
Old 01-25-2016, 03:36 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Does this happen on all difficulty levels?

Also, the physics of the kicks need work. As a former kicker myself, trajectory of the ball needs to go HIGHER, especially in the NFL. Yes, some are drilled half follow through kicks that go medium height. However, most kickers are taught to get as much height on their kicks as possible. The ball should be sailing as high, if not higher, than the posts (relevant to the distance of course).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »