Home

This is a NBA basketball game ...

This is a discussion on This is a NBA basketball game ... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-20-2016, 08:45 AM   #1
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
This is a NBA basketball game ...

These are just a few things that would add to my NBA experience . Lists yours as well

1. Why can't we go a replay big moments ? Why can't I relive Kobe's 81, Wade's epic finals performance , Lebron, MJ , T-Mac in 30 seconds etc ...? We got the myteam cards but I don't play that mode. I want the actual game . Kind of like 2k12/2k11 had.

2. There should be an option to play a playoff tournament with our friends only without being forced to play a full season with the CPU online.

3. Why can't we choose our base in addition to our release in mycareer ?

4. Can we get some of those legendary dunks like Karl Malone's behind the head or VC's elbow dunk ? You used to be able to do this in game . Why not just add their dunk packages like MJ's?

5. Can we get more charge calls on turbo drives ?

6. Can NBA players stop getting stripped repetitively like 3 year olds on drives and post ups ?

7. Can we play 5 on 5 in our Mycourt next year ? With the ability to add real NBA A.I teammates as an option .

8. Lastly add more objectives / unlockables . It's boring just earning VC. Let us unlock secret dunk packages , myteam cards, cool pro am introductions , etc ...all from beating objectives in mycareer (already headed that way ) , mypark , pro am , big moments mode, etc ... That would add so much replay ability I love unlocking stuff instead of just buying it with VC. Some things shouldn't be bought

What Would add to your NBA experience ?
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

Last edited by Rockie_Fresh88; 01-20-2016 at 08:48 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2016, 11:13 AM   #2
Rookie

mongo13clikke's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: This is a NBA basketball game ...

Agree with everything...

What I want? Praaaaactice mode! Bring it back 2k!! Its unbelievable that a game like this does not have this. Im just back into FIFA and their skill (practice) mode is so well made and integrated into the other modes. You can do a practice before every game if you want, the career mode lets you actually do the practices assigned to players yourself instead of just increasing some numbers over time...
Old 01-20-2016, 11:27 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Classic Moments would be incredible. The Jordan Challenges were so outstandingly done. Even something vaguely similar would be on point (though it'd require new classic teams, which in some cases wouldn't be great ones — like the Raptors team Bryant destroyed).

I also support the addition of more signature dunks/packages. I've noticed that they've got a lot of nice dunks accounted for with a number of players (I see Vince Carter is capable of a pulling off a clockwise 360) but as you mentioned, there seems to be room for more precision in that regard (i.e. a higher concentration of signature dunks for certain players).
Old 01-20-2016, 01:25 PM   #4
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Definitely agree, and on point with the dunks 100%.

But they also need to let us play with the dibble moves more:

Let us pick different hesitations and in and outs and combine them with different crossovers.
Different half spins and spins.
Different stepbacks..

Stuff like that, a lot of dribble moves are nice but paired with a bad crossover so you never get to use them.

-Allen Iverson
Old 01-20-2016, 01:30 PM   #5
Pro

* Physics engine that allows player to trip & fall, to collide when running into player, more weight difference between players.

* No clipping issues, no hands through rim, backboard, other players, ball

* Sprinting in full speed with mediocre ball handlers (McGee prime example) to sometimes result in stumbles, falling down, clumsy plays.

* Stepback jumpers to be more effective and easier with certain players than others. (right now is hard to hit it with everyone)

* Generic voices from coaches to be gone forever.

* Long rebounds to happen often as they happen pretty much in every game.

* Sprinting often should increase stamina penalty.

* Along with free throw attribute there should be concetration attribute that also impacts FT's (for example good FT shooter in 4th quarter with low concertation should more often miss than make FT)

* Remove commit foul attribute and let fouls be determined solely by impact or collision.

* Add workrate attribute to players, so players with higher attribute should be different than lazy ones which should be useful for longterm modes.

* Remove overpowered badges or at least balance all badges.

* When player is suspended or missing due to personal reasons there shouldn't be estimate return in 'day to day' or 'weeks' rather should be in games for example '1 game' , '2 games' etc..

* Young players value shouldn't be determined by potential attribute or at least potential attribute shouldn't be numbered, rather have some sort of subtle approach as 'high potential' to let us see potential players that end up as busts and vice versa. Lower rated player with high work rate attribute could end up all star also.

* There should be aggresiveness attribute or badge to relate players who are bending the rules from time to time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2016, 11:23 PM   #6
Banned

WISports's Arena

Want realism? They could start with having proper, accurate skin tones. I mean, seriously. It's actually kind of disrespectful to have guys lighter or darker than what they are.
Old 01-21-2016, 04:00 AM   #7
Rookie

The things I can wirte what is wrong with this game would be at least 3 pages long but I going to keep it short. Mycareer needs more respect, the AI on ur team are complete morons. MyCareer users deserve smarter AI for godsakes on their team. The amount of time I see teammates literally just dribble out of bounce. They pass the ball so close to the backcourt line and sometime pass it back so far that they cross the backcourt line. Block animation should also tip passes. The amount of time I see these magic johnson passes going through my hand, when it should of been tip. But yet when I pass out of a double the ball bounce of my opponent head wtf.
Old 01-21-2016, 05:59 AM   #8
Rookie

zizoux's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
Want realism? They could start with having proper, accurate skin tones. I mean, seriously. It's actually kind of disrespectful to have guys lighter or darker than what they are.
I'm sure you want something like this
Spoiler

Reliving those big moments would be epic with proper cutscenes like WWE 2k16 Showcase mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »