Home

Xbox One Sim League

This is a discussion on Xbox One Sim League within the NBA 2K Basketball Online forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Online
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-20-2016, 04:50 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Looking To Start A Xbox One Sim League

Looking for mature players that play smart/real/sim basketball. Who’s first priority is to COMPETE and finish the league having played all their games. To me, that is the true definition of a successful season. To begin and finish with the original players you started with.

Fair weather players aren't welcomed. These are players who's activity is dependent on their team, their record and how much fun they have trading.
We want players who are competitive. That have fun winning or losing. But most important, take their losses like an adult. Take it on the chin and move on, and have the will to get better.

This is not the league for you if you cannot take the initiative to look for games. Everyone has a life, but if you decide to join make sure you have time to play your league games. If this is just something to pass time, then please don't waste both of our time.

I am only asking for four games a week. That's a game every other day or however way you can play. But you should have four games by the deadline.

Gameplay, Minor Rules, Coaching & Owner Settings:

12 Minute Quarters – How many games will be voted upon the start of the season.

Hall Of Fame/ Sim Sliders - Sliders are on the 2K presets. We believe sliders should not be set to anyone’s opinion. This eliminates a debate/argument about what should be changed. As everyone’s view of basketball is respectfully different.

100% On Ball defense - No exceptions. Auto contest must be on manual and defensive assist at 0.
These changes are to ensure you are 100% controlling your man without the help of the computer for on ball defense. This is a matter of skill, respect.

On Ball Example: When the ball goes to the post, you need to switch to the post defender immediately. If you need help, you call for help while being the post defender.

No Trades - This will be a league with real teams, and not a fantasy draft looking league. Trades in real life will be honored in the first season, and injuries will be on. You can sign a player if an injury forces you to fill a spot. Trading and signing free agents will be open in the off season and the next regular season, just not the first.

Zones - Are OK, just don’t switch in the middle of the possession.

Coaching - We’re not going to tell you how to run your team. You are the Owner, General Manager and Coach. We encourage owners to have their own identity. How you trade, utilize your players and coach will be respected. You don't have to mirror everything the real NBA team does.

Team Selection - This is not first come first serve. If two users want the same teams they will play for them. Best of two series. If no one wants the team you want, then they’re all yours. League will not start until all teams are filled. As for me, I will take whatever is left.

Rules - There are no rules such as 50% points in the paint, how to use turbo, or how many minutes you can play your players. Ya know, those same rules that are basically copied and pasted in every Sim League. Well those are more so guidelines here. Those rules give your gameplay structure and serve as a good basis to the start of playing Sim basketball. But they can stop you from playing smart, and playing smart is essential to winning in any sport. And that comes first here. I don't want any mindless followers falling line to follow rules that can hinder you from playing a true organic game.
Real Players that understand basketball don't need these rules.

Gameplay - Halfcourt, uptempo, balanced offenses or 3 point heavy offenses are all welcomed.
As long as your gameplay has STRUCTURE, IT’S RESPECTABLE and isn’t EXPLOITING ANY GAME FLAWS, you have a spot in this league.

Not looking to have a robotic league where everyone pretty much plays the same.

We also ask you watch your passing. Make sure your passes are respectable and realistic. Lead passing in some ways still can be abused in this game. 2K cleaned a lot of it up, but they still exist. Just make sure you passes are without a doubt open, clean good passes.

Not looking for perfect players, or even the best. But If your game needs work, and you're active, and committed to finishing, we can work with you to get you on par with the rest of the league.

There will be a try out game before any invite is sent out.

Last edited by smuhead; 02-20-2017 at 08:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2016, 10:09 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Xbox One Sim League

xb1 gt oldmanfirefight
Old 01-20-2016, 02:12 PM   #3
Rookie

add me, xbox one sim player here

gt - Scal for MVP
Old 01-26-2016, 03:07 PM   #4
Rookie

Add me son GT: Agonizing Fate
Old 01-27-2016, 03:20 PM   #5
Rookie

My gamer tag dap1975
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2016, 01:24 AM   #6
Just started!

Gt- Genghiskhan1346
Old 02-10-2016, 08:56 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

GT - Zaynice324
Old 02-14-2016, 09:58 AM   #8
Rookie

I'd like to join

GT: Seattlantis137

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Online »