Home

Best amethyst player in 2k16?

This is a discussion on Best amethyst player in 2k16? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-16-2016, 07:47 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Best amethyst player in 2k16?

Ive only been playing domination and challenges and finally saved enough money to buy an amethyst lebron but tbh i dont think he's worth the price so im selling him to get another amethyst player

I have amethyst jason kidd from domination rewards and hes a beast of a pg

So who do you recommend,if you could only get 1 amethyst player in nba 2k16 who would u get?

My lineup without restriction:
Starters: Kidd Klay Griffin Aldridge
Bench: Westbrook Butler Kawhi Dirk Marc Gasol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2016, 08:01 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Best amethyst player in 2k16?

For SF i would get durant. i sold my lbj for the same reason as you and got durant so that problem was solved. The best amethyst in my opinion is clyde buts hes an reward. I recently started loving dpoy alonzo and hes cheap
Old 01-16-2016, 08:24 PM   #3
Rookie

get amethyst lillard, best offensive pg in the game right now that is not a diamond, can shoot, pass, and dunk
Old 01-17-2016, 09:17 AM   #4
MVP

depending on your play style certain players may work better/worse for you. I know a lot of people are unhappy with Lebron but I have the current version and still love him. He's still close to the best Amethyst in the game. I havent gotten the DR yet, but I have DR Durant and while he is good, he is not as good as Lebron as far as I am concerned. KD is primarily a scorer but TBT Melo is better IMO. The difference is in the Personality Badges. Melo has Cool and Collected so he basically never gets cold. KD doesnt have this, nor does he have Volume Shooter...so just like last year....Melo is basically unstoppable offensively while if KD goes on a cold streak, its hard to get him out of it. IF Lebron has trouble scoring he can dominate in several other ways.

I agree that Clyde is the most reliable if not the best because he never gets cold either and can do many other things in addition to score. I also like DR Davis who is very versatile. I am sure Amethyst Lillard is great because his regular gold is a tremendous offensive player. He cant defend though. Chris Paul is heavily slept on in this game I feel because I never see him in discussions....but he is great for cheap (I already have him but found one for 20k the other day and flipped). People dont use him much probably because he is uncharacteristically slow as compared to some other PGs. His jumper is money though if you shoot from his hot zones. He is a lethal 3-pt shooter, defender and playmaker.
Old 01-17-2016, 11:51 AM   #5
Pro

There are a lot of mixed reviews for all the players, it all comes down to personal preference. The thing with 2k is most often animations such as shot release, dribble moves, free throw, and layup/dunk packages are more important indicators than actual ratings. Some people do well with some players while awful with others.

The best thing to do is try different cards for a few games and sell them if you don't like them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2016, 04:22 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba13laze
There are a lot of mixed reviews for all the players, it all comes down to personal preference. The thing with 2k is most often animations such as shot release, dribble moves, free throw, and layup/dunk packages are more important indicators than actual ratings. Some people do well with some players while awful with others.

The best thing to do is try different cards for a few games and sell them if you don't like them.
this whole statement. church. Wes Matthews, Rudy Gay, and Clyde just to name 3 guys that have nice jumpshot animation/release. They have 3pt ratings in the low 80's but can shoot the lights out as compared to other with similar or slightly higher ratings. cant stress this enough though....when you have a player like that....LEARN HIS HOT ZONES. Rudy Gay is top right. He can really drain 3's from there.

I am a PG13 fan...but I cant shoot with him like I did last year. I dont know what it is or if they slightly changed his release and now the timing I am used to is off? Still, he is knockdown from either corner, but the problem is sometimes getting him to the corners. So thats another key. Thats why I say Am Lillard and Melo are so good. They have some good hot zones that are out at the top, they dont have the best releases but not the worst either....just takes getting used to. They both have speed/quickness advantage over most at their position and have excellent handles to create space. All of the Amethysts we mentioned in the thread are the ones you will get the most for your money with.
Old 01-17-2016, 05:00 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

LeBron isn't worth his price this year since he can't shoot anymore. All your opponent has to is sag off LeBron and he won't be a factor offensively.

Curry and Durant have weird shooting animations that negate their awesome shooting ratings. It's very difficult to shoot consistently with both of them.

Harden is only good at getting to the foul line and dunking in transition. He stinks at defense, his size up animations are too slow, and his shooting ratings are too low.

Chris Paul is great, but there's no reason to buy him when you already have a free Jason Kidd.

Anthony Davis is the best current edition Amethyst by far. He's one of the fastest big men in the game, his wingspan is huge, and he can stretch the floor by shooting mid-range shots reliably.

Last edited by jyoung; 01-17-2016 at 05:02 PM.
Old 01-17-2016, 05:12 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
LeBron isn't worth his price this year since he can't shoot anymore. All your opponent has to is sag off LeBron and he won't be a factor offensively.

Curry and Durant have weird shooting animations that negate their awesome shooting ratings. It's very difficult to shoot consistently with both of them.

Harden is only good at getting to the foul line and dunking in transition. He stinks at defense, his size up animations are too slow, and his shooting ratings are too low.

Chris Paul is great, but there's no reason to buy him when you already have a free Jason Kidd.

Anthony Davis is the best current edition Amethyst by far. He's one of the fastest big men in the game, his wingspan is huge, and he can stretch the floor by shooting mid-range shots reliably.
Harden has actually been my favorite amethyst with a close second in Durant. I saw Harden's stats and thought the same thing as you but when you figure out how to really use him he is deadly. Pull-up transition 3's, finishes over everyone, even DPOY Mutombo if you get a good move. He is amazing as a primary ball handler and in PnR situations. If you're a good manual on-ball defender, his ability to pick people's pockets will make up for lower defensive stats. He's a pretty damn good passer too. It is definitely harder to shoot though in the later seeds because of the difficulty boost but it doesn't make it that hard. I recommend either Harden or Durant, depending on what you need. Harden is also pretty damn good at PG, too.

PG: Sapph Steph Curry/Onyx Pistol
SG: Sapph Paul George/Ruby Havlicek
SF: Diamond Durant/Rick Barry/Sapph Wilkins/Onyx Ice Man
PF: Ruby Duncan (98 OVR)/Gold Melo/Gold LBJ
C: Sapph Yao/Ruby KG (92 OVR)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »