Home

NBA 2K16: Sports Game of the Year Once More (Roundtable)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16: Sports Game of the Year Once More (Roundtable) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-14-2016, 10:23 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NBA 2K16: Sports Game of the Year Once More (Roundtable)

In case you missed it yesterday, NBA 2K16 was named our sports game of the year for the fourth year in a row. In today's roundtable discussion, we talk about this incredible feat, what is the secret sauce behind NBA 2K16's success, and whether there's a viable challenger out there to unseat the king in 2016.

Read More - NBA 2K16: Sports Game of the Year Once More
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2016, 11:18 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 33
Sports Game of the year would some time ago be awarded to a game that was the best of a bad bunch. Today we have a consistently good Baseball game, an ever improving Soccer game. NHL has at last seen some much needed improvements. Dare I say it Madden, after years of minimal changes has seen some good progress. But all theses pale into comparison to where 2K have taken their Basketball game to us today. Be it the Career Mode, the highly customisable MyLeague or the TV style presentation we at last have a game that caters for all sports fans. Enjoy the NBA 2K experience for sadly it may well long be the exception to the norm.
Old 01-14-2016, 11:24 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0
This game is horrible; how is it sports game of the year?
Old 01-14-2016, 11:25 AM   #4
Pro

Tsuki's Arena

OVR: 6
Part of 2k's success is the involvement with the community.

Being on these forums and others filtering through the whining and identifying their weaknesses to find improvements for year to year development.

The most important part of this is how they have given us MORE CUSTOMIZATION options so that guys like Simworld and other great roster,slider,draft class makers can improve upon their game further.
Old 01-14-2016, 11:56 AM   #5
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagswag21
This game is horrible; how is it sports game of the year?
Bit of hyperbole, no?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2016, 12:02 PM   #6
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
"Looking forward to next year, I'm going to take a wild guess and say that Madden 17 does everything it can to unseat NBA 2K. I have been really impressed with the improvement in this year's Madden title"

I'd love to see Madden take a leap this year and earn a spot in Sports GOTY contention. I've had Madden since release but haven't played it consistently since 2K released. I've recently began playing it some more, end of the season and playoff football has given me some football fever, and I am surprised how much I enjoy the game. As an NFL 2k fan I've always had a deep hatred for Madden but this year's game is the first where I actually enjoy playing and don't have to convince myself that I like the game. I have high hopes for madden 17 if they can address the right issues.

Jagswag21 if NBA 2K16 is horrible then there has never been a good sports simulation.
Old 01-14-2016, 12:23 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 0
I'm glad someone finally mentioned the Show's unwillingness to change. The gameplay has literally gotten worse since the move to next gen.
Old 01-14-2016, 12:42 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1
PES should have been an honorable mention. It's the better game of the two, FIFA and PES. If presentation improves in PES 17, watch out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »