Home

This Game ALWAYS Feels Different

This is a discussion on This Game ALWAYS Feels Different within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-12-2016, 01:13 PM   #1
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

OVR: 0
This Game ALWAYS Feels Different

So look, to avoid the "secret update" conspiracies I won't say anything more than this here sentence about them...

But aye, I swear from week to week and sometimes day to day this game plays like night and day...bars. lol..

Post patch I was playing bad, like real bad. I started getting my old numbers back tho.

A couple weeks after, I eventually had 3 straight games of Pro-Am where I had almost 30 points and 30 boards as my center.

Fast forward to the past few days.

I go on with my center and cracked 10 boards once in about 7 games. What?? Now, I had games where I had 10+ blocks and another where I had almost a quadruple double but the point remains...

Why does the game suddenly and randomly feel so different?

It's not just Pro-Am because I played a few games against my friend and I was playing with the Pistons and Drummond felt very off. He wasn't pursuing the boards, in fact the cpu Ilyasova was ripping them from my hands.

Now this can effect shooting open shots, how contested layups fall, how often you dunk on people, rebounding, etc.
There's just days where it feels like it's a brand new game and I'm basically wondering who else this happens to?

I know I didn't just get Space Jam'd and lose all my skill overnight lol

-Allen Iverson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2016, 01:25 PM   #2
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: This Game ALWAYS Feels Different

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
So look, to avoid the "secret update" conspiracies I won't say anything more than this here sentence about them...

But aye, I swear from week to week and sometimes day to day this game plays like night and day...bars. lol..

Post patch I was playing bad, like real bad. I started getting my old numbers back tho.

A couple weeks after, I eventually had 3 straight games of Pro-Am where I had almost 30 points and 30 boards as my center.

Fast forward to the past few days.

I go on with my center and cracked 10 boards once in about 7 games. What?? Now, I had games where I had 10+ blocks and another where I had almost a quadruple double but the point remains...

Why does the game suddenly and randomly feel so different?

It's not just Pro-Am because I played a few games against my friend and I was playing with the Pistons and Drummond felt very off. He wasn't pursuing the boards, in fact the cpu Ilyasova was ripping them from my hands.

Now this can effect shooting open shots, how contested layups fall, how often you dunk on people, rebounding, etc.
There's just days where it feels like it's a brand new game and I'm basically wondering who else this happens to?

I know I didn't just get Space Jam'd and lose all my skill overnight lol
I know what you're saying. I don't experience it as much playing Guard, but there are days were I can't miss, throwing bullet passes to the open guys off direction passing, and posterizing any center that looks at me wrong.

Then the next day I brick everything, directional passing operates as well as a blind man using a compass, and I get pulled out of any drive animation after take off to get stripped.

Adaptation has been the only thing that helps me, but sometimes I'm not sure what game I'm playing on a day to day/week to week basis

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 01-12-2016, 01:33 PM   #3
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Everyone knows I've been firmly against the conspiracy theories...but as someone who took the time to lab like crazy and master all the moves this year, I would bet my paycheck that the on ball defense has changed at least 3-4 times, lol

When I see that update screen......that can only mean one thing.
Old 01-12-2016, 02:04 PM   #4
Banned

I don't think they change things on a daily basis, just the game is so inconsistent in so many aspects.

Fouls, control input, player movement, shot meter...all of it has seemingly different outcomes, even when doing the same thing.

For an actual eSports model, they need to take out so much ratings context unpredictability and make it more about precise and exact input and decision making. Takes some of the 'realism' out of it, but going on an unexplained cold streak in ProAm, just because that can and does happen in real life, doesn't mean it's the best for actual competition.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

Old 01-12-2016, 02:06 PM   #5
Banned

I mean, planning out a perfect play, getting your best shooter to his got spot, making the right pass decision to not get it stolen, make the right dribble move to get space, time out a perfect green release...and it still can miss.

Realistic? Very much so.
Rage nducing video game BS? Also yes.

Should not be the case online in competition.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2016, 02:06 PM   #6
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam31yearsold
I don't think they change things on a daily basis, just the game is so inconsistent in so many aspects.

Fouls, control input, player movement, shot meter...all of it has seemingly different outcomes, even when doing the same thing.

For an actual eSports model, they need to take out so much ratings context unpredictability and make it more about precise and exact input and decision making. Takes some of the 'realism' out of it, but going on an unexplained cold streak in ProAm, just because that can and does happen in real life, doesn't mean it's the best for actual competition.

I don't know guys.... Sounds every day basketball to me. Not every game is going to be the same.
Old 01-12-2016, 02:15 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Everyone knows I've been firmly against the conspiracy theories...but as someone who took the time to lab like crazy and master all the moves this year, I would bet my paycheck that the on ball defense has changed at least 3-4 times, lol

When I see that update screen......that can only mean one thing.
I think it is a blessing and a curse I am not connected to the internet at my house due to this year's theory of inconsistent gameplay.

I get my updated rosters, ACE updates and disconnect after a few minutes and my gameplay has been very consistent. The only difference I experience is after a patch.

Even so, I wish I had online so I could play with the OS fam!
Old 01-12-2016, 02:17 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I don't know guys.... Sounds every day basketball to me. Not every game is going to be the same.

Every game can still be different, and people can still struggle or prosper, it just should be based 100% in decision making, strategy utilization, perfect timing and precise control input. Not unforseen, under the hood ratings, streaks, and badges.

Last edited by iam31yearsold; 01-12-2016 at 02:20 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »