Home

NEWB: How To Know Plays?

This is a discussion on NEWB: How To Know Plays? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-10-2016, 11:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
NEWB: How To Know Plays?

Hello all,
I'm pretty new to nba 2k games. Last basketball game I had was years ago and it was NCAA.

Anyway, I'm learning to run plays. However, what I find frustrating is I don't know what plays are what... and they aren't categorized. For example, I was looking for a 3pt play for my shooting guard, and when I pull up the plays designed for him, I have no idea what those are. Is the only way to find out is to run the plays in practice. It would be nice if there was a demo of each of the plays to see how it works. Most of all, I wish I just knew what play was what type?... meaning a 3pt play or something else.

Thanks,
Doug
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2016, 04:24 AM   #2
Pro

JoFri's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NEWB: How To Know Plays?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdude9
Hello all,

I'm pretty new to nba 2k games. Last basketball game I had was years ago and it was NCAA.

Anyway, I'm learning to run plays. However, what I find frustrating is I don't know what plays are what... and they aren't categorized. For example, I was looking for a 3pt play for my shooting guard, and when I pull up the plays designed for him, I have no idea what those are. Is the only way to find out is to run the plays in practice. It would be nice if there was a demo of each of the plays to see how it works. Most of all, I wish I just knew what play was what type?... meaning a 3pt play or something else.

Thanks,

Doug

u can practise plays. its found in one of those 2k menu. choose demo so cpu will run it. u can also try run it too.
the plays are categorized by play types eg. 3 pt (play names that have "quick"), pick and rolls (play names having "fist"), post plays aka "punch" etc.
u have youtube? look for czar as he explains the above pretty clearly. anyway, go to the practice mode u'll be able to figure them.
Old 01-11-2016, 06:17 AM   #3
MVP

DatIsraeliGuy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NEWB: How To Know Plays?

If you go to Edit Playbook then use the R2/RT, you'll go to a screen called Assign Plays, where if you push the Y/triangle you can view what button (D-Pad Up, Down...) does which move. Bad thing is you can't edit it there, you have to change the playbook itself.
Hope this helps

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »