Home

Slider suggestion for a ****** player?

This is a discussion on Slider suggestion for a ****** player? within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-06-2016, 09:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Slider suggestion for a ****** player?

Hello everyone... I'm a very ****** hockey fan, I used to watch much more when I was younger, so I know the basics of the game and basic team strategies. I have not played an NHL game since maybe NHL10.

Tonight I fired up the game for the first time and played some ****** exhibition games to get the feel for the game and controls, then went on to play two 'serious games' to check what difficulty I should play my season on...

First game I played was Blues vs Avalanche. I played on Pro and got killed 7-1. Faceoffs were about even, but I got out shot 37 to 21 and got dominated on time on attack.

The second game I played was the same matchup on rookie. I dominated this game 8-0. I won faceoffs 28-2, and dominated the time on attack and shots on goal.

These games where two extremes and I don't want to play a season on either difficulty like that. What should I do to get competitive games?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2016, 10:10 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Slider suggestion for a ****** player?

Since I have received no responses I think I am just going to try playing on Pro, but adjusting the CPU pass accuracy down (as the CPU gets 80-85%), and also adjusting human pass interceptions up. Are there any other changes that I might want to try?

I feel like the CPU has above average shot accuracy as well, whenever the CPU gets a good opportunity, they don't mess up.
Old 01-08-2016, 10:41 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 6

There is also a CPU difficulty slider (or named something similar)...you can put it on rookie and increase this slider to get something in between rookie and pro.
Old 01-08-2016, 03:53 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 8

As you may know, it's hard to suggest sliders that are perfect for everyone. That said, I'd suggest starting with these:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...m-sliders.html

I did that and then adjusted some of the things that were off for me. I've got some sliders that are working great for me. I'll try to post them in this thread later tonight if you want.
Old 01-08-2016, 09:33 PM   #5
Rookie

The king of kings's Arena

OVR: 0

I was going to suggest the same thing woodjer did by starting with As's sliders I used it as a base for mine and some of the other slider gurus on here I put together a decent set that I'm still tweaking. So if his set doesn't work for you pm me and I will give you my settings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2016, 01:44 PM   #6
Pro

I played a half season on pro and feel ready to move to all star but all star feels so disconnected. I don't feel like my player goes where i send him. Also hitting is so extreme. The cpu d always steps up and crushes people. But mine seem to be scared of contact.

Has anyone played with the cpu difficulty slider much. I like the feel of pro hardcore but want some more competitive t.o.p. from the cpu. ? Any advice?

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
Old 01-09-2016, 06:08 PM   #7
Rookie

The king of kings's Arena

[quote=camo;2047943629]I played a half season on pro and feel ready to move to all star but all star feels so disconnected. I don't feel like my player goes where i send him. Also hitting is so extreme. The cpu d always steps up and crushes people. But mine seem to be scared of contact.

Has anyone played with the cpu difficulty slider much. I like the feel of pro hardcore but want some more competitive t.o.p. from the cpu. ? Any advice

Try upping the cpu difficulty slider a notch or two

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »