Home

The Strongest and Weakest parts of your game

This is a discussion on The Strongest and Weakest parts of your game within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-05-2016, 08:04 PM   #1
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

OVR: 0
The Strongest and Weakest parts of your game

This is just one of those general interest threads. I've found that I've got parts of my game that I'm really strong at, and other parts that I'm really weak at. I was wondering how other people played and if my strengths/weaknesses were unique or if they were shared by the community.

Just to preface this I'm an offline franchise player who (very rarely) dabbles in RttS.

The strongest part of my game is easily my pitching. I play pulse pitching on all star, and honestly could bump it up another level, since my ERAs are averaging in the 2s for my pitchers.

Defense is my middle ground. I also play this on all star, and while I probably could bump it up another level, I'm unwilling since I have little control over fielding errors. Still, my fielding was taken to the next level when I started pre-loading throws ASAP and "feathering" into outfield catches.

Running is hit or miss with me. Some days I'm unstoppabe, others I'm a dweeb on the basepads. You can always count on me for one major screwup per post season when running the bases or stealing.

Hitting is by far my worst. I play zone hitting on rookie. That's right, rookie. I'm probably a little to good for rookie but when I bump it up to veteran I get humiliated at the plate. I am a fairly even hitter who plays to the strengths of a particular batting style, but overall I probably average more pull than push.

So how about you guys? What's your biggest strength? Your greatest weakness? I'm curious to know.

Last edited by TheWarmWind; 01-31-2016 at 12:37 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2016, 11:45 PM   #2
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: The Strongest and Weakest parts of your game

As strange as it sounds, running is probably one of my favorite things in the game. I'd say I've pretty much mastered it. Not that it's super complicated.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 01-06-2016, 05:54 PM   #3
MVP

Syce's Arena

OVR: 0

for me i would say hitting.

i have this odd tendency to swing at everything from time to time. even when i know its going to be a ball i swing at it.

i know for sure i have a big problem swinging at stuff below the strike zone. those 12-6s, changeups, sliders below the strike zone i consistently have a hard time reading them.

I would say my running game is not that great either. but i tend to always play more sim like and not like a lot of people on DD who bunt and run all the time, or they steal every time they can.
Old 01-06-2016, 07:51 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 24

Hitting is by far the strongest part of my game. I play zone hitting and I have no difficulty getting to pitches anywhere in the zone. I have my slumps and undisciplined moments but I usually catch myself and recover pretty quickly... and if the pitch is in the strike zone I'm almost certainly hitting it.

Pitching is definitely my weakest area. In my head I'm great at pitch selection. I mix up my pitches and locations. Sadly, opposing batters seem to disagree, and have punished me so much over the years that I gave up on Hall of Fame pitching entirely, even though I hit at Hall of Fame quite comfortably.

That's not even getting to physical problems. I have pretty big hands, and I insist on using Analog pitching, so naturally I run into problems with the analog sticks. In my mind I'm nailing that outside edge pitch, but in reality my giant clunky thumb is just slapping the analog stick straight up, and I end up with a pitch down the middle.

I've long since accepted my home: All-Star pitching, where I can pitch and not die.
Old 01-06-2016, 08:20 PM   #5
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

12-6 curveball is the death of me.
Pretty good at pitching though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2016, 09:56 PM   #6
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27

Best at pitching, worst at hitting.

I can't draw enough walks in a season and always end up last in the league.

Although, it wasn't until this year that I started being able to draw fouls in NBA 2K, so maybe I'll start drawing walks regularly in 16 The Show.
Old 01-06-2016, 10:12 PM   #7
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

OVR: 7

Strong pitching, weak hitting. I've always been strong on pitching in any baseball games I've owned. I use classic and listen to catchers signal and location everytime.

As for hitting. . I am getting around, taking more pitches but at the end I usually lose patience and swing at everything. High... above head high fastball gets me everytime. Change up this year are really tough to hit. It drops as soon as it gets to the plate and I'd swing over it even when I time it right.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Old 01-06-2016, 10:20 PM   #8
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

I can't hit a high fastball in the zone, and i chase high fastballs out the zone pretty often as well. Just always seem to swing late. I think it's because i always think since the pitch is starting high, it's gonna be a breaking ball over the plate.

I absolutely crush low fastballs.

This is on HOF difficulty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »