Home

QB Contain -- Is It Broken?

This is a discussion on QB Contain -- Is It Broken? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-29-2015, 04:37 PM   #1
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5
QB Contain -- Is It Broken?

Gentlemen, been playing Madden for years, and when they mapped this adjustment to the defensive pre-sets for pre-snap adjustments it was a welcomed addition.

However after 2, 3, 4 patches I believe at this point mobile QBs are able to escape, with or without the QB Contains set. This was a great tool in corralling users who liked to run out of the pocket after the first read. Now it's just seemingly another broken feature.

Mobile QBs with users who are average or even below average at passing have found life because they can extend plays and not have to worry about the pressure. Topping it all off, the 5 man pressures are weak, and the 6 man pressures still take too long. And nearly any receiver with decent release/speed & a TE can run slants that cross each other eliminating man press as an option , or manual defense because you can't guard both.

I have a mobile QB, but i do not rely on this approach to passing, have any of you found a that default plays with ''built in'' QB Contains, work, or is there some type of adjustment I'm missing, or is it just what it is this year...?

**I'm fully aware of QB Spies, but all they do is shadow the QB, no pressure is applied, and they will just stalk the LOS to the same side as the QB waiting on them to cross, and even with athletic LBs/DEs/Ss it can sometimes be beaten.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988

Last edited by Dj_MyTime; 12-29-2015 at 04:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2015, 08:29 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: QB Contain -- Is It Broken?

Edge rush with the line spread. Is how they do it in real life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-29-2015, 11:09 PM   #3
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

OVR: 0

What I think they need to do is look at NCAA footballs game mechanics. In that game they had an option to tell the defense to play conservative, balanced, or aggressive. Aggressive tells the defense to attack the QB when he scrambles.
Majority College plays revolve around a mobile QB and I did not experience this much frustration in NCAA ball.

The problem in Madden is the defense is programmed to attack the QB AFTER they cross the LOS. Meanwhile there's defenders five yards away covering grass.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
Old 12-31-2015, 03:52 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_MyTime
Gentlemen, been playing Madden for years, and when they mapped this adjustment to the defensive pre-sets for pre-snap adjustments it was a welcomed addition.

However after 2, 3, 4 patches I believe at this point mobile QBs are able to escape, with or without the QB Contains set. This was a great tool in corralling users who liked to run out of the pocket after the first read. Now it's just seemingly another broken feature.

Mobile QBs with users who are average or even below average at passing have found life because they can extend plays and not have to worry about the pressure. Topping it all off, the 5 man pressures are weak, and the 6 man pressures still take too long. And nearly any receiver with decent release/speed & a TE can run slants that cross each other eliminating man press as an option , or manual defense because you can't guard both.

I have a mobile QB, but i do not rely on this approach to passing, have any of you found a that default plays with ''built in'' QB Contains, work, or is there some type of adjustment I'm missing, or is it just what it is this year...?

**I'm fully aware of QB Spies, but all they do is shadow the QB, no pressure is applied, and they will just stalk the LOS to the same side as the QB waiting on them to cross, and even with athletic LBs/DEs/Ss it can sometimes be beaten.
QB Contain is bad this year, despited the extra attention paid. The only way i've gotten it to kind of work is spreading the line, changing the rush lanes to the inside (to keep the QB from stepping right up the middle) and then contain.

QB Spy you can wait until they roll out, click R3 to make them rush.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »