Home

SUGGESTION: Let us regress our MyPlayer and re-earn to re-build

This is a discussion on SUGGESTION: Let us regress our MyPlayer and re-earn to re-build within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-28-2015, 08:03 PM   #1
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

OVR: 0
SUGGESTION: Let us regress our MyPlayer and re-earn to re-build

A lot of people put skill into things they can't really use (didn't know that then) and 2k's design isn't very intuitive/information, so I'm sure a lot of people made mistakes they wish they could take back.

Why not let us destroy the skills we don't want and then re-purchase new skill... so we lose out on the money we spent originally, but at least we can re-make our MyPlayer now that we know more about 2k.

The only argument against this is that people with a ton of VC could re-do their MyPlayers every once in a while, but I don't see any harm in that. VC is so hard to come by, that it wouldn't be a major problem and if people start spending real money for VC - 2k will love that.

Either way, a lot of people want to be able to re-distribute their skills and this seems the least exploitable way.

Last edited by SirGaryColeman; 12-28-2015 at 08:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2015, 08:06 PM   #2
Elite Allstar

Ray Vibes's Arena

Re: SUGGESTION: Let us regress our MyPlayer and re-earn to re-build

Everyone should be allowed to re-do their attributes just once.
Old 12-29-2015, 08:22 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Vibes
Everyone should be allowed to re-do their attributes just once.
plus a thousand.
Old 12-29-2015, 11:03 AM   #4
Banned

Worst lvling system in gaming.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
Old 12-29-2015, 03:28 PM   #5
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
A lot of people put skill into things they can't really use (didn't know that then) and 2k's design isn't very intuitive/information, so I'm sure a lot of people made mistakes they wish they could take back.

Why not let us destroy the skills we don't want and then re-purchase new skill... so we lose out on the money we spent originally, but at least we can re-make our MyPlayer now that we know more about 2k.

The only argument against this is that people with a ton of VC could re-do their MyPlayers every once in a while, but I don't see any harm in that. VC is so hard to come by, that it wouldn't be a major problem and if people start spending real money for VC - 2k will love that.

Either way, a lot of people want to be able to re-distribute their skills and this seems the least exploitable way.
I'm not opposed to this, but what's uninformative about the attribute system? It literally lists every single thing that each column effects when you add something to it. I mean, if you have 20 points to throw in a column, you can see what it is maxed out without ever using the points. Also: Before Day 1 people who got the game early were posting Attribute Caps for each position and play style.

I guess if you have no idea what you're trying to do with your myplayer it's beneficial. And I like the idea if youu somehow misclick. But, I try to Max what I'm going to need first, and slowly fill in the more unimportant stats so I don't need a restat.

Once again, totally on board, but I'm not sure where the "Lack of information" on attributes is/was

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2015, 05:53 PM   #6
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolenceFight

Once again, totally on board, but I'm not sure where the "Lack of information" on attributes is/was
A lot of it is just not knowing a lot about the game in general. You don't know what type of playstyle will suit you best until you have logged in a decent amount of time.

And then there are dumb mistakes - I never noticed I had a limited amount of blocks until there were only like 4 left.

I put skill into certain things that I find myself never using and would like to put it into other stuff I use more often, but I didn't realize that when I was making my MyPlayer
Old 12-29-2015, 06:49 PM   #7
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman

This was an option in 2k11 when attributes were standalone (not part of buckets). You could minus attribute points from one ability and add them elsewhere or simply *recoup a portion of points spent.

*If something cost you 1,000 points, I don't think you recouped the 1k back but you did get a percent of that spent money back.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Old 12-29-2015, 09:00 PM   #8
Pro

This is needed solely for players who were foolish enough to spend points in rebounding.

You can get a decent amount of rebounds with 0 skill investment by just timing the jump button properly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »