Home

Good PF build

This is a discussion on Good PF build within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-28-2015, 11:17 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Good PF build

Hi everyone,

(This is for Pro AM)
So I have 99 overall balanced 6'11 PF weight 225 (lol don't know what I was thinking with that) but I feel like he is just mediocre at everything I try to make him. At that size he is too slow to guard smallball 4s and not good enough shooter to be a true stretch 4. I did make a mistake by wasting 4 points on playmaker but my outside is still lvl 18.

I want to create another player that will be a stretch 4 that is pretty mobile on the perimeter while still being able to rebound effectively. Do I create a 6'9 or 6'10 outside PF or same height outside SF. any suggestions?

(I played vs some 6'10 or 6'11 PF or C at pf position who was fat and everytime I got close to him I would just bounce off of him and he would continue to dribble the ball without losing it. Safe to say that he killed me and center on my team. He popped threes rebounded and had point guard like handles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2015, 01:17 PM   #2
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Good PF build

Quote:
Originally Posted by de5m0n
Hi everyone,

(This is for Pro AM)
So I have 99 overall balanced 6'11 PF weight 225 (lol don't know what I was thinking with that) but I feel like he is just mediocre at everything I try to make him. At that size he is too slow to guard smallball 4s and not good enough shooter to be a true stretch 4. I did make a mistake by wasting 4 points on playmaker but my outside is still lvl 18.

I want to create another player that will be a stretch 4 that is pretty mobile on the perimeter while still being able to rebound effectively. Do I create a 6'9 or 6'10 outside PF or same height outside SF. any suggestions?

(I played vs some 6'10 or 6'11 PF or C at pf position who was fat and everytime I got close to him I would just bounce off of him and he would continue to dribble the ball without losing it. Safe to say that he killed me and center on my team. He popped threes rebounded and had point guard like handles.

Figure out what your playstyle is and Build around that. If you know what your strength is, you can either super specialize in that, or use the points to round out the flaws in your game.

This isn't an RPG where a certain build is the best. Small centers were a thing for awhile, they could up playmaker and outside shooting, retaining size and defense.....and then get out rebounded by my SG because they can't play, and put nothing in rebound because they assumed a center would just get boards.

In all honesty, the build either needs to enhance your pre existing skills, or supplement your problem areas.

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 12-28-2015, 09:17 PM   #3
Rookie

adamspag's Arena

just make an outside 7ft PF, in proam shoot post fades and 3s.

you can see here

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?pli=1#gid=0

that no matter what height you are as an outside PF your standing 3 point shot will be a 75 which you can boost to 95 with a +5 VC boost and a +15 MyCareer training boost. Also take into consideration the fact that PF or C cant get perimeter lock down defender badge so you will be triggering gold deadeye every time you shoot a 3 against the PF that is guarding you $$$$$.
Old 12-28-2015, 11:26 PM   #4
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

I don't think boosts work in the pro am. TBH in the pro am I rarely face other PFs. Mostly SFs and the CPU
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 12-29-2015, 11:56 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
I don't think boosts work in the pro am. TBH in the pro am I rarely face other PFs. Mostly SFs and the CPU
Same here that is why I'm hesitant to create a tall PF because that will make him too slow to guard these dudes on the perimeter. I got that whole spreadsheet printed out and it's killing me on what player to create.

The only thing I know is that I will make outside scoring type. Just trying to decide on the height and pros vs cons between SF vs PF.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2015, 12:31 PM   #6
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by de5m0n
Same here that is why I'm hesitant to create a tall PF because that will make him too slow to guard these dudes on the perimeter. I got that whole spreadsheet printed out and it's killing me on what player to create.

The only thing I know is that I will make outside scoring type. Just trying to decide on the height and pros vs cons between SF vs PF.
I went with 6'11 because I wanted the ability to play some center if needed. I'm happy with that . I'll admit smaller players give me trouble chasing them around . But I give them even bigger fits with my rebounding , dunking , post game and finishing lol . If you prefer more front court play go PF. If you want limited back court abilities go SF. I would say 6'8 is a good height honestly for outside. Sounds like you wanna be a SF/PF. Do you have a player in mind who's game you wanna mimic ?
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 12-29-2015, 02:19 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
I went with 6'11 because I wanted the ability to play some center if needed. I'm happy with that . I'll admit smaller players give me trouble chasing them around . But I give them even bigger fits with my rebounding , dunking , post game and finishing lol . If you prefer more front court play go PF. If you want limited back court abilities go SF. I would say 6'8 is a good height honestly for outside. Sounds like you wanna be a SF/PF. Do you have a player in mind who's game you wanna mimic ?
Which scoring style did you choose?

One of the teams I play with needs a stretch 4 with good Defense and rebounding. I guess you can say a Kristaps Porzingis type of guy lol

I'm a guard at heart and ideally want a mobile big because my 6'11 PF feels like he got feet stuck in the mud with that 62 speed. I understand that you cant be fast and at the same time but just trying to find the right balance

Thanks for your help though I really appreciate it.
Old 01-05-2016, 11:44 PM   #8
Rookie

One of my characters is a 6'6" PF I made to be basically Charles Barkley with elite defense lol. I made him balanced as I don't really care to shoot the 3 but need to be able to hit the mid when defense gives it to me. I'm like 74-2 in the park playing on him as being that small creates such a huge mismatch and his vertical makes up for the lack of height and can consistently grab boards over the heads of 7-footers with near maxed out rebounding. I have only played like 5 games in pro am with him and only lost 1 due to so many people on my team lagging out and my offense at the time not being anywhere close to complete. Only go small if you know what you are doing on defense and rebounding because the matchup can easily be against you if you have not mastered those two critical components. Ideal small ball size pf/c would be around 6'8".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »