Home

It is so BORINGGG facing guys who just try to lead pass in paint all game...

This is a discussion on It is so BORINGGG facing guys who just try to lead pass in paint all game... within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-17-2015, 09:37 PM   #1
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13
It is so BORINGGG facing guys who just try to lead pass in paint all game...

I know you can stop it, but it just boring to face guys who dribble in circles waiting for their centers to get position or to slip towards the bucket for a quick pass. That just does not seem like basketball to me and I feel like if they fixed this problem online then it would make for a much better game.

Then you have guys that do not even know how to do a post move and just hold turbo and draw fouls 90 pct of the time with their centers even when I do not jump....

I win the majority of my games but I have lost to guys that do nothing but this and it just is not really fun. There are so many ways to run an offense in this game and people limit themselves to this? I don't see how that is fun for anyone lol.

Any tips for how you guys stop it? I play a little zone, played off ball, put my center on deny, force baseline, etc. but it just seems to be too risky. I also tend to try and play behind the center rather than going for a risky steal, but I may just have to try for steals. Also, if you are in front of the guy it should automatically deflect it...

Just my 2 cents....If you do this then pleaseeeee learn a play or two, you are making online play boring and cheesy.

Youtube
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2015, 09:52 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: It is so BORINGGG facing guys who just try to lead pass in paint all game...

I would think that the most effective way to defend this is to control your Center and work to deny his big's positioning and/or deny the pass (though I never find fronting a big in the post to be effective). Hands up to contest instead of block.
Old 12-17-2015, 11:43 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: It is so BORINGGG facing guys who just try to lead pass in paint all game...

Wow...are you reading my mind?!?!

This is the worst...and it's like all I'm seeing online lately. In Online Games and MyTeam.

It's a joke.

Like you said, I am winning most of the games I play against guys who do it...but it's so boring and frustrating. These guys just wiggle and turbo around and throw lead passes. LOL!

I put some of the blame on 2K...no offense but they made some SERIOUS changes to this year's game...and they make one or two short tutorial videos with very little info.

Why not put in some kind of training tutorial mode?
Old 12-18-2015, 12:01 AM   #4
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

Omg just made the unrestricted 4th seed and this is all I see. I'm not gonna lie I'm having trouble stopping it. Constant lead passes and just turbo fast breaking with amethyst Westbrook to the rim. How do we effectively stop this a specific zone? Also on pick and rolls I get destroyed to the rim even when I know the guys rolling, am I supposed to control the Center when that pick comes?

The worse is just like last year people playing offball defense, probably my biggest complaint. It's so annoying when they are there Center the entire game. How do we beat the AI defense? It used to be last year you do a little step back and it almost always went in if they were playing offball now not the case.

I was having so much fun up until the unrestricted round it just feels so cheesy now. I was on the brink of elimination and won 4 straight to remain in the seed.

Last edited by P234thetruth; 12-18-2015 at 12:03 AM.
Old 12-18-2015, 12:06 AM   #5
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Run plays to beat offball users. I admit I am playing more offball to stop the PnR and fastbreak cheese and just making sure I have good defensive settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Youtube
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2015, 01:43 AM   #6
Rookie

Unlike other years...I've turned Defensive Assistance to ZERO.

But the cheese is hard to stop...these morons break the game playing like this.

The problem is, and always will be....TURBO.

I've said it for awhile now, 2K needs to remove it or restrict it more like a 'burst'. It's long been a CRUTCH in 2K for casual gamers and does more harm than good when it comes to gameplay.

Similar to what NCAA Football and Madden did with it.

It's just a crutch for weak players and turns the game into something that resembles pinball. Or that new thing where people wear those plastic balls filled with air and run into each other as hard as they can - sorry, I forget the name.
Old 12-18-2015, 07:38 AM   #7
Pro

I'm more annoyed when I'm the guy is does try to do post moves and run plays and can't because idiots just run at the ball spamming steal of double team as soon as I post up but it is what it is just gotta adjust to how 12 year olds play and do what u gotta do to win

Sent from my iPhone with minimal cares for grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
Old 12-18-2015, 07:41 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by E The Rhymer
I'm more annoyed when I'm the guy is does try to do post moves and run plays and can't because idiots just run at the ball spamming steal of double team as soon as I post up but it is what it is just gotta adjust to how 12 year olds play and do what u gotta do to win

Sent from my iPhone with minimal cares for grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
I HATE when they spam the steal button.
Reaching fouls should be called more frequently.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »