Home

New to soccer, coud use advice

This is a discussion on New to soccer, coud use advice within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-17-2015, 03:15 AM   #1
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
New to soccer, coud use advice

Ive never been a soccer fan, matter of fact I was 1 of those guys who thought only flakes played soccer, and it was just a game for girls. I have since wised up and feel bad that I ever felt the way I did.

With so much excitement for our womans WC team I decided my wife an I would watch the final game to watch the USA woman win it all, and I was pretty amazed at the play of soccer, really like how fast paced it was, and told my wife may this is more than just a game for girls. Granted nothing will ever take the place of Basketball and Baseball, as well as football but they have ruined football imo now that most every QB on any given day can put up Dan Marino like numbers, but I wont get started on that,lol.

My ? is can someone who dont really know a thing about soccer be able to enjoy this game, mainly a franchise/ dynasty style mode player is all Im interested in, not playing online matches?

I downloaded last year FIFA demo and it was fun, and from what Ive seen an heard Fifa is much better than Pes is, so Fifa is what I want to go with unless other wise told by you guys here that is. Really want to buy this years game at some point, but I want to make sure I wont be at a complete loss with no soccer experience whatsoever, as money is really tight for my wife and I since Im no longer able to work due to health issues, so I dont want to buy a game that I will grow tired of becuase of my lack of knowledge.

I do spend more time now on soccer but its hard with my love for the other sports to watch, and with soccer there just dont seem to ever be a season, seems there is always some soccer being played wether its national teams or leagues,a nd there is so many league's its hard to keep up with for I imagine even the most dedicated soccer fan let alone some new and more causual fan of the game.

So really could use all of your input on this to help me out on if this would be a good buy. The vids I see this soccer game looks better graphic wise than most sports games, and it does seem tha unlike other sports EA puts out a good soccer game, so I assume they have some dedicated soccer fans making the game unlike the way it seem with basketball especially and there football game has usually a lot left to be deisred each year. Thanks for any of your help.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2015, 03:24 AM   #2
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: New to soccer, coud use advice

Absolutely you can enjoy this game with little to no soccer knowledge. I would suggest picking a team you can or would watch live, or pick a big team with famous player so you can recognize some names and have some skill on your side. Pick the right difficulty level - theres no shame in starting low. Skim over the controls before very game and try new passes and shots. Also try to master at least a few skill moves, youll have a lot more fun.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:04 AM   #3
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0

As far as soccer interest is concerned, all I can tell you is it was FIFA that inspired my passion for the sport and not the other way around. I was also one of those that thought I'd never watch a soccer match in my entire life, but FIFA changed all of that. Now it's one of my favorite spectator sports.

Fortunately the game itself is a blast whether you follow soccer or not, but once you get caught up in the Premier League presentation, etc., it may end up making a fan out of you.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:32 AM   #4
Rookie

buziii's Arena

^ This for me also.

I'm a sports nut, but I never played, watched, or cared about soccer until a couple of years ago when I played this game. It was fun. I bought the game. I started playing career modes. It piqued my interest enough to start watching and appreciating games on TV more. Voila! Now I'm a soccer fan!
Old 12-17-2015, 11:29 PM   #5
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

Thanks guys, I appreciate it very much on your thoughts on buying the game. Had hoped that maybe more people would chime in so I could some more opinions. You can really get only so much of a feel with a demo, and that dont tell you anything about franchise/dynasty mode.

Im glad to hear that not really knowing a thing about soccer and being a new fan of the game that I can pick this game up and still be able to have fun, and possibly help me also leanr more about the game buy actually playing the video game, thats pretty impressive.

Definitely want to buy this game, not sure when I will be able to, had hoped the price would drop, but if the game is as good as advertised it might be a while before it can be bought cheap.

Im probably could get a used one at gamestop, but Ive just never been 1 to buy used stuff. Hopefully my wife will get a little extra money for Christmas from her clients as she is a self employed hair dresser, and her clients have always been pretty generous on tips and at christmas, and even more so now that Im sick an cant work, so hopefully she will have a little extra that she can buy me this game. I actually think its something that she would enjoy playing as well with me, as she said it did look neat on the vids she seen of it, but with her working 2 jobs its hard to use that on her to get the game, since she has no time at all to spend playing unfortunately.

Anyway thanks for the replies, its good to know that I should be able to have fun with it even though being new to the sport and not knowing much.

Favorite teams:
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2015, 11:13 AM   #6
Rookie

EvertonianSteeler's Arena

FIFA comes out every year and in all honesty there isnt always that much different, like most sports games. For a learning curve you could probably pick up a 15 or 14, which many think was better for very little to get you started until 16 drops in price.

What machine are you hoping to be playing on ..... ps3/4 xbox or pc.
Old 12-20-2015, 03:42 PM   #7
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvertonianSteeler
FIFA comes out every year and in all honesty there isnt always that much different, like most sports games. For a learning curve you could probably pick up a 15 or 14, which many think was better for very little to get you started until 16 drops in price.

What machine are you hoping to be playing on ..... ps3/4 xbox or pc.

PS4. I thought about getting 14 because of price, but I figured 15 was better overall. I played the 14 demo and it was fun although I sucked something horrible,lol. As long as 15 doesnt have any game breaking bugs that 14 did not have in franchise/dynasty mode, then I think Id just soon have 15 even if I have to wait for the price to drop some. Hoping I can talk my wife into getting it for me at some point soon. Plus having the USA womans National team intrigued me as well, as they are what got me to even watch soccer in the 1st place.

Favorite teams:
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 12-20-2015, 04:57 PM   #8
Rookie

EvertonianSteeler's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
PS4. I thought about getting 14 because of price, but I figured 15 was better overall. I played the 14 demo and it was fun although I sucked something horrible,lol. As long as 15 doesnt have any game breaking bugs that 14 did not have in franchise/dynasty mode, then I think Id just soon have 15 even if I have to wait for the price to drop some. Hoping I can talk my wife into getting it for me at some point soon. Plus having the USA womans National team intrigued me as well, as they are what got me to even watch soccer in the 1st place.
I only played 14 on ps3, changed to 4 last year. Lots of people on here say 14 was better gameplay than 15. To be honest if you are reasonably new to it 14 or 15 is going to feel as new and good to you as 16 does to someone who plays every year. Not sure what trade in market is like over there but here you can pick14 or 15 up for just a few pounds. If its the same over there I would get 14 or 15 learn about the finer points become familiar with teams tactics etc and then jump into 16 when its discounted and you are more into it. There are plenty of issues with 16, 5 patches already so if the price difference is huge i would learn on the lower price one and move up if you enjoy it at a later date

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »