Home

NHL 16 Continues to Improve

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Continues to Improve within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-16-2015, 10:19 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NHL 16 Continues to Improve

When NHL 16 was released, the reintegration of the EASHL game mode -- or at least an alternate version of what folks once knew -- got all the attention. But since release, the game has undergone many under-the-hood changes, and I do believe the game is better than it was on day one due to these updates.

Read More - NHL 16 Continues to Improve
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2015, 10:42 AM   #2
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Agreed! Loving this title. Highly addicted to BeAGm mode and the latest tuner has the game playing marvelous.
Old 12-16-2015, 12:07 PM   #3
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

As a lifelong hockey player (from the age of 3 to now in my 30's) I am probably a lot more critical of this game than most. While I have seen a great deal of improvement since launch, the on ice gameplay is still a mishmash of good and bad. Goaltending is still a train wreck though. One thing I will say is this is one of the best looking sports games and has the best presentation.
Old 12-16-2015, 02:26 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 11
Overall the game is really solid, but there are a lot of little things that can make the game very annoying at times, mainly some of the goals that go in. Goalies need to be the number 1 priority next year.
Old 12-16-2015, 04:34 PM   #5
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Re: NHL 16 Continues to Improve

After much complaining and anger out of me I have to agree 100% with this article. I am running two seasons and have not had a single moment that just ruins the game. Having a lot fun. Sure there are issues and a few missing things but I think this could be a turning point for the series and if they truly listen to the hard core hockey sim gamers at the game changer event for NHL 17 regarding offline play I see plenty of room for optimism moving ahead.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2015, 05:59 PM   #6
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NHL 16 Continues to Improve

Put me in the really enjoying the game now camp!
Old 12-16-2015, 06:03 PM   #7
Rookie

NHL 16 is definitely underrated. I'm really enjoying BeAGm even though it doesn't offer that much compare to other sports games. However, this season has been very challenging for my Flyers. It took me some time to find the perfect sliders but I definitely enjoy it now.
The only remaining problems are the high rate of shots on goals by the CPU and the CPU passing game that is way too flawless at times. Anyway I'm glad NHL is back in my videogame rotation !
Old 12-16-2015, 09:25 PM   #8
Pro

poulka's Arena

OVR: 8
Yes this title is a very good one. I have to say this has been a good year for sports video gamers this year. All the available titles on Xbox one have kept me occupied tremendously. Christmas break will be a busy gamer time for this gamer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »