Home

My Team Advice

This is a discussion on My Team Advice within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-15-2015, 05:36 AM   #1
egb
Rookie

OVR: 0
My Team Advice

I just wasted a bunch of MT, and I'm feeling burnt out on My Team. I'm hoping to find some advice that might motivate me to keep playing.

My plan for My Team was to play it after I had gotten a decent My Career experience, so I would have some VC and a bunch of the My Team cards from connections. I ended up playing two full seasons of My Career with 12 minute quarters, and I finally got around to My Team a few weeks ago.

I'm limited in what I can do because I don't play online, and I don't pay for additional VC. I've been grinding away at domination mode and challenges. I'm finished with historic domination, and I'm currently playing the level 3 challenges. I'm surprised that some of the challenges are already difficult on level 3.

I just kinda got bored, and couldn't resist the urge to open a V.I.P. box. I had been resisting that urge since the beginning, but I finally caved after doing the math and realizing that if I completed all of the remaining challenges, I still couldn't afford either Lebron or Steph (who I need for the "What If" challenges.)

I always had a feeling that it would be a bad idea, and it totally was. I certainly didn't pull any Amethyst cards like those Youtubers. I got a Chris Bosh (which I already had gotten for free from My Career) and some lame, silver cards. All for over 32,000 MT.

So, I'm pretty bummed out, but maybe someone else can find the silver lining. I do have Amethyst Harden, Pippen, and Kidd. I do have a bunch of quality Gold cards. I currently have 432 cards, total.

I guess if I could go back, I would try to buy as many cheap cards as possible with that 32,000. I thought about doing that a while back, but I decided to wait because of all of the domination reward packs I was opening. Ugh...what a waste.

Sorry if this is long; I guess it's more of a vent post than anything. It's just hard for me to jump back into the game knowing how much MT I wasted. I'd appreciate any advice on what my next move should be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2015, 07:52 AM   #2
QNo
MVP

Re: My Team Advice

What do you want to get out of this mode? If you want to build a beastly lineup, there's no way around playing the AH to build up your MT. Never open packs with MT, it's not profitable except maybe for the cheapest packs (they're profitable here on PC, so good to open for building your collection).
Old 12-15-2015, 08:49 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

im kinda where you are. I finished both dominations last month, I just got Clyde in guantlet and im about 90 wins away from cousy, i started rttp at the end of october and got to the 6th seed and stopped because i got hit with a 0-0 loss and decided to wait until its fixed. Im also done with most of the challenges, at lvl 5, ive only done one "what if" challenge and and two im on my fourth RTTF challenges, so it seems like im approaching the wall that twobrosgaming talked about in one of his videos.

I have 1200 cards. 50 away from penny and im sitting on 32k. But to be honest, i just want more to do with all these players i have. Myteam is the only mode i play and it seems crazy that if grind it out with the same pace ive been on... ill be done the mode before the new year in regards of things to play. Then ill be stuck with just opening packs..... it really sucks. 2k truly dropped the ball in this one regard and its unfortunate because they never really address it at all. they only focus on people complaining about cards. i just wanna keep playing the mode whether i have all the good cards or not.
Old 12-15-2015, 09:45 AM   #4
MVP

Have to play online to earn MT fast, Gauntlet and selling items on auction. Offline rewards have always been trash.

And I should add if you buy a box of 10 packs you should get at least 15k MT back on the auction (PS4), so you're never at a complete loss.

Last edited by knick9; 12-15-2015 at 10:56 AM.
Old 12-15-2015, 12:19 PM   #5
MVP

I have 1700 cards. I am a sniper that stacks and hordes MT. I am happy with the players I have, so I dont get into buying players just because. Only if its a snipe at the moment. In the meantime, I mix in a lil Gauntlet, Challenges, and some Historic Dom. I am taking my time through this mode. No need to buy players for 200k or more when they are going to go down in price soon either when new players are released, or when xmas crowd starts opening packs, or 2k releases them on dumb locker codes and kill the market value.

If you are expecting to get anything out of pack openings...DONT. Open at your own risk. I blow MT on packs every now and then but....I go in with LOW expectations...and still come away disappointed. I opened a TBT box the other day and got 1 worthless gold, TBT Ray Allen, and 8 more silvers that were so worthless I quick sold them. If you really want disappointment, get a Dynamic box...lol. Why you get 7 Current cards from a Dynamic box is beyond me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2015, 01:00 PM   #6
egb
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
What do you want to get out of this mode? If you want to build a beastly lineup, there's no way around playing the AH to build up your MT. Never open packs with MT, it's not profitable except maybe for the cheapest packs (they're profitable here on PC, so good to open for building your collection).
I know that one of my goals this year is to acquire a diamond player, pretty much just so I can say that I did it. 2K15 was the first 2K that I bought and played after not playing video games for a few years. I didn't get into My Team until about 2 months before 2K16 came out, so my goal then was to do as much as I could before it did.

I got into all the Twitter locker code stuff, and it always annoyed me how I couldn't ever win. I accomplished a lot, but I never did get any diamonds or pink diamonds. I see that acquiring a diamond card is one of the PlayStation trophies this year, so I really want to make that happen. I'm pretty much just taking that "let's see" approach again, wanting to accomplish as much as I can in the mode with no real idea of how high my ceiling is.

Maybe, I'll have to reconsider online play. I've stayed away from it because I've been reluctant to pay for PS Plus, and I'm just kind of a loner anyway, so I really don't know what to expect. I haven't played a multiplayer game in years, and I guess I have this idea that starting up again online would be a bad place to start because I'd probably have to deal with a bunch of annoying **** talkers that I don't know. Excuses, probably. I don't know. I'll have to think about it.
Old 12-15-2015, 01:39 PM   #7
egb
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9
Have to play online to earn MT fast, Gauntlet and selling items on auction. Offline rewards have always been trash.

And I should add if you buy a box of 10 packs you should get at least 15k MT back on the auction (PS4), so you're never at a complete loss.
I've gotten a couple thousand back so far. I sold 3 of the 4 duplicates (Bosh, Noah, Mason Plumlee) for about 6000, and I still have Dejuan Blair for sale. The rest of the cards are silvers that I'm just going to keep.
Old 12-15-2015, 02:18 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by egb
I know that one of my goals this year is to acquire a diamond player, pretty much just so I can say that I did it. 2K15 was the first 2K that I bought and played after not playing video games for a few years. I didn't get into My Team until about 2 months before 2K16 came out, so my goal then was to do as much as I could before it did.

I got into all the Twitter locker code stuff, and it always annoyed me how I couldn't ever win. I accomplished a lot, but I never did get any diamonds or pink diamonds. I see that acquiring a diamond card is one of the PlayStation trophies this year, so I really want to make that happen. I'm pretty much just taking that "let's see" approach again, wanting to accomplish as much as I can in the mode with no real idea of how high my ceiling is.

Maybe, I'll have to reconsider online play. I've stayed away from it because I've been reluctant to pay for PS Plus, and I'm just kind of a loner anyway, so I really don't know what to expect. I haven't played a multiplayer game in years, and I guess I have this idea that starting up again online would be a bad place to start because I'd probably have to deal with a bunch of annoying **** talkers that I don't know. Excuses, probably. I don't know. I'll have to think about it.
Just put the little *******s on mute haha. That what i do

http://2kmtcentral.com/18/lineups/6910/teamdavis

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »