Home

Looking for opinion/input on these position changes

This is a discussion on Looking for opinion/input on these position changes within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-11-2015, 01:05 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Looking for opinion/input on these position changes

I am thinking about changing http://daddyleagues.com/maddenhub/pl...058/attributes to OLB. His OVR goes up to 89 from 84.

Id then move OLB Barr http://daddyleagues.com/maddenhub/pl...930/attributes to a Defensive End where he goes to high 90s OVR from 89 Ovr. He has speed, great Power moves and good Block shedding.

Smart move? Dumb?

If its a good move, I wouldnt sure which End to try and trade away since hed be replaced.
Griffen is 95 Ovr http://daddyleagues.com/maddenhub/pl...923/attributes, but seems to get outperformed by the other End Coples, http://daddyleagues.com/maddenhub/pl...986/attributes, and im not exactly sure why. Coples made more plays last year. But then again, maybe it depended on individual matchups and what not. Dont see any individual ratings that show Coples as being better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2015, 02:54 PM   #2
Rookie

SpyPirates's Arena

Re: Looking for opinion/input on these position changes

Seems like it could work... The only thing i would be worried about is the strength rating on your DEs. Barr's is low, and if you trade coples, you'll have a fairly lightweight/weak set of ends.

Other than that, all the other attributes make sense. Maybe you could test it out a bit and see if you agree that the str rating matters a lot for DL, or if barr and griffen's other great ratings make up for it.
Old 12-11-2015, 02:56 PM   #3
Pro

Totally depends on what defensive scheme you're running. If you blitz a lot (like in a 3-4 base or even a blitz-heavy 4-3 like Denver uses) you want to keep Barr at OLB. If you run coverage defense and rely on your D-Line to get pressure (like the traditional 4-3 Cover 2) you need great pass rushers at DE and LBs that can cover, so you could switch Barr to RE in that scenario (RE usually being the lighter, speedy DE in a 4-3 as he plays the weak-side, the LE has to be decent vs the run as he's on the strong-side).

Last edited by burnum; 12-11-2015 at 03:01 PM.
Old 12-11-2015, 03:48 PM   #4
Rookie

SpyPirates's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnum
Totally depends on what defensive scheme you're running. If you blitz a lot (like in a 3-4 base or even a blitz-heavy 4-3 like Denver uses) you want to keep Barr at OLB. If you run coverage defense and rely on your D-Line to get pressure (like the traditional 4-3 Cover 2) you need great pass rushers at DE and LBs that can cover, so you could switch Barr to RE in that scenario (RE usually being the lighter, speedy DE in a 4-3 as he plays the weak-side, the LE has to be decent vs the run as he's on the strong-side).
Assuming he's sticking with the Vikes 4-3. Definitely a bad idea to make Barr a 3-4 DE.
Old 12-11-2015, 04:37 PM   #5
Rookie

xFrenZy's Arena

OVR: 1

It all depends what scheme you're running. If you're running a 3-4 I would not move Barr to an end. You can get away with it in a 4-3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2015, 02:21 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I'd keep Barr at LB, where he's more versatile. You can get value in coverage, run support, and on zone blitzes from LB, and if you must, you can sub him at RDE on a Nickel Wide 9 technique, which is the only place I'd risk him on the DL, personally.
Old 12-12-2015, 07:37 AM   #7
MVP

tru11's Arena

4-3 good mves.

3-4 dumb moves.
Old 12-12-2015, 09:24 PM   #8
Rookie

TheDominator273's Arena

3-4 or 4-3 I'd still keep Barr at LB. His speed at linebacker will help a lot more than his pass rushing skills as an end, and you can formation sub him in at end on 3rd and longs or let him blitz from the LB position

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »