Home

Potential magnetic ball handling in patch 4.

This is a discussion on Potential magnetic ball handling in patch 4. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-09-2015, 05:15 PM   #1
Rookie

Sleepy59's Arena

OVR: 0
Potential magnetic ball handling in patch 4.

(Listen to audio in the clip)

I HOPE players that hold turbo while trying to dribble THROUGH your defender are still going to get penalized. I keep hearing Ronnie and LD mention how patch 4 is going to "Address" loss of ball handle in bumping. What's so hard about switching to the other hand if the defender is approaching the ball? In the clip the guy clearly rips LD for not switching the ball to the other hand, and they're acting like it's a glitch.

Last edited by Sleepy59; 12-09-2015 at 06:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2015, 05:34 PM   #2
Pro

TheDuggler's Arena

Re: Potential magnetic ball handling in patch 4.

Dude why do your players look like they are from GTA San Andreas?
Old 12-09-2015, 05:43 PM   #3
Rookie

Sleepy59's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuggler
Dude why do your players look like they are from GTA San Andreas?
samp? It was a video recorded through vine, I fixed it now using vid.me

Last edited by Sleepy59; 12-09-2015 at 06:30 PM.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:37 PM   #4
Pro

dnyce87's Arena

I don't see a random drop of the ball at all so I don't know what they're talking about there. That was a clean swipe and he should've protected the ball or switched hands instead of just standing there loosely with it.....please 2k DO NOT fix that and continue to penalize turbo abusers. The only thing that needs work is when defenders are purposely turboing into you to make u lose the ball. It should be a foul on the defender for doing that erratically causing ball handler to do a fall down animation to show the effect.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:39 PM   #5
Rookie

Dude clearly got ripped . That LD dude always been garbage at 2k.

Am i suppose to just let someone with no sense of ball control just bounce the ball right in front of me ?

You let people who shoot 3s have their fun boosting shot success each patch but make it extra hard for the few people who just like playing good defense.

Just leave the game alone with these patches man. You nearly nailed it in its original form. Just update the rosters and other misc n prep for 17
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2015, 06:47 PM   #6
Rookie

Sleepy59's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnyce87
I don't see a random drop of the ball at all so I don't know what they're talking about there. That was a clean swipe and he should've protected the ball or switched hands instead of just standing there loosely with it.....please 2k DO NOT fix that and continue to penalize turbo abusers. The only thing that needs work is when defenders are purposely turboing into you to make u lose the ball. It should be a foul on the defender for doing that erratically causing ball handler to do a fall down animation to show the effect.
Defenders probably shouldn't be turboing into dribblers, but dribblers also should not be turboing into defenders. They need to take that into consideration when they apply the "fix". Developers do listen, so we need to speak now before the patch is released.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:53 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 3

I've tweeted Beluba to tell him it's one of the few deterrents for dribbling in a crowd, all who can should do the same.
Old 12-09-2015, 07:32 PM   #8
MVP

Phreezy P's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy59
I HOPE players that hold turbo while trying to dribble THROUGH your defender are still going to get penalized. I keep hearing Ronnie and LD mention how patch 4 is going to "Address" loss of ball handle in bumping. What's so hard about switching to the other hand if the defender is approaching the ball? In the clip the guy clearly rips LD for not switching the ball to the other hand, and they're acting like it's a glitch.
I lose the ball a lot in MyCareer trying to change directions when a hedge on the PnR is approaching, but the control lags and I end up dribbling directly into the big and ultimately turn it over. I also lose the ball trying to switch my ball hand rejecting pick and rolls because my player double hesitates to cross back over and throws it right off the doublers leg. Another instance is passing out of doubles and the ball smashing into the defender's face right in front of me. These only account for some of the live ball turnover that I get that make no logical sense.

The biggest reason why my player is averaging 6 TOPG (other than usage rate) is the lack of control I have over my player. I take ownership of them when I sprint right into a defender no doubt. But a lot of them is due to animations taking over my control, and the game using them in poor context.

Spoiler

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »