Home

Defensive Settings "FIX" to limit occasional terrible AI rotations

This is a discussion on Defensive Settings "FIX" to limit occasional terrible AI rotations within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-08-2015, 12:58 PM   #1
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

OVR: 0
Defensive Settings "FIX" to limit occasional terrible AI rotations

This is part 1 of the defensive settings I use after patch 3. I have gone 7-0 on RTTP plus 13-0 vs HOF SIM CPU with this. They key to these settings is that it limits crazy AI rotations that makes no sense: ESPECIALLY with AI controlled bigs.

The key concepts to understand are these. First, use "DENY" with defenders that have poor help defensive IQ, don't let them make decisions. Secondly, keep both DEF POE's at neutral, make those adjustments yourself by going on ball and off ball. Lastly, utilize the tool of "Who to Guard Blue Arrow", this will help you understand better which defender is doing what during defensive possessions. Watch the video for detailed clips explaining all of those tactics

Regards,

Sam Pham
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2015, 07:52 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Defensive Settings "FIX" to limit occasional terrible AI rotations

HLMAO!!! @ 3:30 a 3:42min in the video "The lower the rating, the dumber the player will be " sorry maybe it's the way you said it sitting in your Scoobey doo robe had me cracking up������

Nice video thx for posting ... But I can't defend 2k on this... We all have video evidence of this in the game .. The magic question is why the hell does 2k feel this belongs in the game.?? By not removing it they are acknowledging that they know it's there and they don't care or take issue with using this cheat to help the AI win... You talk about the blue arrow who to guard tool... I agree it's helpful but can be equally non helpful on transition defense because your ai teammates run to the paint and while your trying to figure out who to run an cover in the corner your ai teammate is confused as hell and normally runs to guard the same guy you choose to cover...

So my point is this... This video and thread you made is good for the community but you should have never had to make the thread or video because 2k shouldn't have allowed the person in charge of game difficulty to program the AI this way..

Oh and I owe you videos .. Do you want them edited or not.. If not I can start sending now...?

Last edited by phlipmode; 12-08-2015 at 07:55 PM.
Old 12-08-2015, 08:45 PM   #3
Rookie

This video you will see the CPUs amazing speed to the ball off a deflection.. Then you'll see DWill bring the ball up and the cpu jumps right guessing wrong and I try to make them pay by sprinting to the paint but the AI slows me down and puts me into a slowdown dribble allowing the cpu to recover then and only then am I able to gain control of my player again... Last you'll see Harris use the p&r correctly but as soon as my defender gets screen I can't sprint to the rim.. I hit an invisible wall and Harris bounces backwards until the AI recovers and gives me control again...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-08-2015, 09:37 PM   #4
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

That drift into the lane by Fournier, which we've all seen a ton of times, is simply a travesty. The dumbest freshman high school player wouldn't make that play, let alone anyone in the NBA. There's low help D IQ, and then there's very poor A.I. programming. That kind of thing making it past the first patch is inexplicable.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 12-08-2015, 09:41 PM   #5
Rookie

I'm about to load video from my mavs vs wash game last night SS SIM 12 min qrts..

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2015, 10:04 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
That drift into the lane by Fournier, which we've all seen a ton of times, is simply a travesty. The dumbest freshman high school player wouldn't make that play, let alone anyone in the NBA. There's low help D IQ, and then there's very poor A.I. programming. That kind of thing making it past the first patch is inexplicable.
The worst part is your help IQ ratings doesn't cause that nor does using auto, tight, or deny. Because I use deny with Allen and Conley with the Grizz most of the time with sharpshooters because of the pick n roll help and they both have high help IQ and the exact thing still happened and I had POE set to limit perimeter shooting on top of that. The ai overrides your settings sometimes it seems.
Old 12-08-2015, 10:06 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DolfanDave
The worst part is your help IQ ratings doesn't cause that nor does using auto, tight, or deny. Because I use deny with Allen and Conley with the Grizz most of the time with sharpshooters because of the pick n roll help and they both have high help IQ and the exact thing still happened and I had POE set to limit perimeter shooting on top of that. The ai overrides your settings sometimes it seems.

Completely true... When the AI has decided enough is enough and they must score .. The cheat mode gets activated and do what you must but you will still face the justice of the cpu AI cheat mode..

Old 12-08-2015, 10:21 PM   #8
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Lol.....

Thanks for the video Pham....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »