Home

Are non-name jerseys still not fixed?

This is a discussion on Are non-name jerseys still not fixed? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-06-2015, 12:33 AM   #1
Banned

MythicalGnome's Arena

OVR: 0
Are non-name jerseys still not fixed?

Was wondering exactly how long this game is going to carry on the ridiculous tradition of having messed up jersey templates. Not only is it incredibly inaccurate, it's just annoying at this point. It's gonna be 2016. When is this going to be addressed if not this year? Could not totally tell from the low def trailer I watched.

If it is fixed please confirm. If not then what the heck?

One user also pointed out apostrophes and lower case letters all need to go in as well. I think it's about time a couple people at San Diego start to take this seriously. It reflects very poorly on the game and the team that this is rarely or if ever mentioned like it doesn't even matter.

Last edited by MythicalGnome; 12-08-2015 at 07:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2015, 12:47 AM   #2
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Are non-name jerseys still not fixed?

They have one jersey template. They're not going to make another one.
Old 12-06-2015, 12:59 AM   #3
Banned

MythicalGnome's Arena

LOL what? That doesn't make any sense and comes off as extremely apologetic. It's a huge inaccuracy. This is a sim not an arcade game. You don't keep things like that around in a sim forever bud.

We only had one template for stadiums too. And now we have closed roof stadiums. Again, your point is laughably ridiculous.
Old 12-06-2015, 01:10 AM   #4
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MythicalGnome
LOL what? That doesn't make any sense and comes off as extremely apologetic. It's a huge inaccuracy. This is a sim not an arcade game. You don't keep things like that around in a sim forever bud.

We only had one template for stadiums too. And now we have closed roof stadiums. Again, your point is laughably ridiculous.
The stadium thing is another thing all together. They just had to build 2 versions of the stadiums, it's not a template thing. That being said, I agree about the jerseys. For all the small minuscule details that they put in the game its hard to understand why the jersey details receive so little attention. Even last year when they put time into they daily jersey schedule for teams as well as adding jerseys that had been left out, they still had numerous errors with the jerseys.

But hey, this is a very early build so maybe this is something that eventually gets adjusted. So far they seem to be addressing small details that have been issues for a while.
Old 12-06-2015, 06:33 AM   #5
Banned

MythicalGnome's Arena

I'm not understanding really why it is so difficult to recode your jersey template. Modders on PC would have had this done two years ago. At some point you have to do this. You don't leave a sim like this. New York and Boston among others are the most iconic baseball teams around. It's obvious as the day with one look at the game with these teams playing how ridiculous the jersey number looks compared to real life. It's time to move on, man up, and fix the mistake. At this point it's beyond ludicrous. 2K baseball had this right did they not?

If that team was in such shambles then how the hell do they get details right that this game still gets wrong? Twins' pants line on the away jerseys? Yeah, that was in the first year like 5 years ago. Somehow that team managed to get past the style guide. We can only wonder how because it seems like hell will freeze over before this team gets accurate jerseys.

The Show is supposed to be THE baseball game. You don't leave errors like this in THE baseball game. You leave errors like this in mediocre sims. For a bit too long the team's stance on very relevant topics seems it's good enough. And then an ice age passes before any improvements that are decent are made. Pretty much the line when it comes to sports games these days. Well, no it isn't good enough.

At some point you actually must attempt to fix these things or stop attaching things like realism, accuracy, and all the other crap they stick to this game. This is not more real than life. It's painfully obvious this is a videogame, and one JUST entering any realm of next gen.

Not asking for 4K detail and massive changes to animation, commentary, physics, crowds, etc. People have been and continue to ask for the damn jersey number to be put in the right place.

And hey I can wait another year like always. But don't ask me to preorder or care, don't ask me to not complain, when the only team I play with doesn't have a proper jersey for away games. And even the template thing affects the Twins as well.

Last edited by MythicalGnome; 12-06-2015 at 06:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2015, 10:26 AM   #6
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Complaining is starting early this year.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 12-06-2015, 12:33 PM   #7
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MythicalGnome
Was wondering exactly how long this game is going to carry on the ridiculous tradition of having messed up jersey templates. Not only is it incredibly inaccurate, it's just annoying at this point. It's gonna be 2016. When is this going to be addressed if not this year? Could not totally tell from the low def trailer I watched.

If it is fixed please confirm. If not then what the heck?
I am pretty sure one of the developers said here that they will try and fix it for 16 but going by the new video it does not look like it. I am now thinking this will not be fixed until Sony completely upgrades the player models which sad to say will not be in 16 it looks like.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12341184.jpg (240.9 KB, 355 views)
File Type: jpg 12341185.jpg (102.0 KB, 345 views)

Last edited by tnixen; 12-06-2015 at 12:41 PM.
Old 12-06-2015, 01:41 PM   #8
MVP

merchant1874's Arena

OVR: 6

I wonder how they will cope with the new Diamonback unis.

Especially things like the Diamond gradients and 3/4 pant stripes.

I really wish they skipped the 1st year on PS4 to give them time to rebuild some of this stuff.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »