Home

Team-building strategies without spending money.

This is a discussion on Team-building strategies without spending money. within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-02-2015, 06:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Team-building strategies without spending money.

At first I was just doing gold board over and over again. Then did domination to get some players and reward Kidd. Didn't get any cool pulls from domination but by the time I was done I had a good team and enough cards for reward Ray Allen. Kidd, Paul George, Klay, Aldridge, Marc Gasol and Cousins plus tons of other golds.

Now I'm hitting bad luck on the gold board. Either I go 9-1 and still don't get the gold or I do and it's Gordon Hayward or someone who doesn't sell for a lot. So I guess what I'm saying is that at this point I'm just trying to get amethysts. Are cousy and drexler still the only rewards for amethyst board? If so I'm probably just gonna stick to piling up MT. Anyone have any strategies for that besides the gold board? Or strategies for getting good cards in general?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2015, 10:59 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Team-building strategies without spending money.

I'm in same boat my team is alright and have no trouble winning just want one of these top purple card players, have worst pack opening luck so at this rate I would never get one of them.
Old 12-03-2015, 12:03 AM   #3
Rookie

Yeah I wasn't even gonna mention or ask about packs. I could probably spend all 200,000 I have and not get an amethyst. So what do you play when you hop on my team?
Old 12-03-2015, 12:46 AM   #4
Banned

At this point I already got like 240 wins from gauntlet mode so got drexlar etc so just play the gold board in hope for a good badge like deadeye etc to sell, so the minute I get enough to buy a vip pack with MT. Don't really need anyone so stop caring just want a top notch card and know I could never save to 100k so packs would be my only chance.
Old 12-03-2015, 01:03 AM   #5
MVP

Kidd and Pippen from domination and Drexler from Gauntlet are good Amethysts and they're free. I mean...if you want Curry or Lebron, stop buying packs, quick sell all your worthless cards, auction all the valuable cards you're not using and make sure you get fair market value for them (take the time to see what they sell for), play the gold board and keep earning and selling. It shouldn't take that long to get to 100-150k which will get you any current Amethyst on PS4. If you get a Deadeye badge that's 6k right there, get a gold +6 KD three point shoe that's 4-5k right there. Most people are sitting on more MT than they realize. And don't sell players between Thursday and Saturday when the new packs hit and the market is flooded. That's when you buy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2015, 01:38 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 4

Start sniping. Replay the harder challenges with your best players. Win or lose, you get the VC for how well you do. Then with 5,000 MT or so in the bank, start sniping cheap players. Buy players at 500 MT, flip it for 750. Don't forget jerseys too. Sometimes I get a jersey for cheap and flip for 4X its worth in MT. Keep doing this until you can afford a player that you want. So far, your team looks pretty good. This is so you can build you player collection for more MT.

Sent from my R7plusf using Tapatalk

PG: Reward Amethyst Steve Francis
SG: Jamal Crawford (Hawks)
SF: Kevin Durant
PF: Carmelo Anthony
C: DeMarcus Cousins

6th: Stephen Curry

Coach: Doc Rivers
Playbook: Phoenix Suns
Old 12-03-2015, 10:54 AM   #7
MVP

I just want to say....real talk....you have a better chance of sniping an amethyst than pulling one from a pack. and if you dont snipe one, every few days you should have enough saved up to buy one. I buy packs....with extra I have, but I dont recommend anyone buying packs AND EXPECTING to get a valuable card. dont do it to yourself.
Old 12-03-2015, 12:30 PM   #8
Rookie

Good advice everybody, thanks. I agree on the packs, just don't do it, they're not worth it. I think I'm gonna stick to the gold board for now. You get about 200 a game, plus the 50 and 100 mt cards, and the games go rather quick. If you're lucky enough to pull a Paul George that's a free 15k right there. I guess I was just getting frustrated because I've been having to go 10-0 to get the gold. I had another 9-1 where I didn't get it after I posted this last night. I wouldn't be surprised if it was rigged by 2k.

However, I don't like Drexler or Cousy. Drexler doesn't feel right because he doesn't play like I remember him in real life. Cousy has no badges, too small, and I can't shoot with him. I haven't got Pippen yet because I'm hoping they'll make it so you can pull good cards from beating the historic teams. Same with Cousy and Drexler I guess, I could get them, but I'm hoping they'll change the amethyst board rewards to something else.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »