Home

Is there any GM interaction in My Career?

This is a discussion on Is there any GM interaction in My Career? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-01-2015, 07:58 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Is there any GM interaction in My Career?

In previous years, even on last gen, they give you the option to talk with the gm about teammates minutes and such

And on if you want to trade a teammate and such

Is this still here this year? because if its not, why in the world would they take it away?? its crucial to be able to have some control over things that can become frustrating....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2015, 12:31 AM   #2
MVP

zello144's Arena

Re: Is there any GM interaction in My Career?

From what I have seen so far there isn't any it's a good thing it really adds some realism no way a young player can just go into the GM's office and demand another player to be traded or tell the GM how to do their job.
Old 12-02-2015, 01:51 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by zello144
From what I have seen so far there isn't any it's a good thing it really adds some realism no way a young player can just go into the GM's office and demand another player to be traded or tell the GM how to do their job.
Agree about the young player thing, but at the same time, if your player is one of the best contributors, age shouldn't matter.

Especially if another teammate is playing bad and its a cohesive team decision, i mean the option shouldn't be to demand at all, but to suggest.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:13 AM   #4
Rookie

Connections with GM -> influence trade block / targets.
If someone wants realism, donīt go for this connection.

That would have been nice...
Old 12-02-2015, 02:07 PM   #5
MVP

zello144's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leasim96
Agree about the young player thing, but at the same time, if your player is one of the best contributors, age shouldn't matter.

Especially if another teammate is playing bad and its a cohesive team decision, i mean the option shouldn't be to demand at all, but to suggest.
Then it should be brought up to the Coach not the GM Coach sit downs would be better IMO
GM sit downs should be used for discussing a contract extension or if YOU want a trade nothing else.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2015, 04:50 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by zello144
Then it should be brought up to the Coach not the GM Coach sit downs would be better IMO
GM sit downs should be used for discussing a contract extension or if YOU want a trade nothing else.
Does it matter if its coach or gm? lol

Point is, i was asking if there is some.. i guess ill take that as a no
Old 12-03-2015, 08:08 PM   #7
Pro

scooterperpetual's Arena

Ill be honest I have 2k15 on the PC and enjoy its career mode a lot more the 16's on my PS4. I opt to play 16 mainly for the improvements and because I would rather play it on the console. The #1 reason 15's career is more fun for me though is the amount of interaction in it. In 16 you have 0 control over your characters fate other than what team he plays for.

The only interactions you really get are answering the same repetitive questions at half time and at the end of the game. I really hope they bring back more interaction next year. I liked the story mode but not at the cost of the interactions, they keep you involved and immersed in your career and keep it from getting stale.
Old 12-03-2015, 11:49 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterperpetual
Ill be honest I have 2k15 on the PC and enjoy its career mode a lot more the 16's on my PS4. I opt to play 16 mainly for the improvements and because I would rather play it on the console. The #1 reason 15's career is more fun for me though is the amount of interaction in it. In 16 you have 0 control over your characters fate other than what team he plays for.

The only interactions you really get are answering the same repetitive questions at half time and at the end of the game. I really hope they bring back more interaction next year. I liked the story mode but not at the cost of the interactions, they keep you involved and immersed in your career and keep it from getting stale.

Nailed it, i bought the game and i asked this question because i was dissapointed that there is no interaction indeed, no immersion.

Sad, but the game is still great can't deny.

Unlike 2k15, the players in 2k16 are way more dependable, so you indeed don't have to worry much about trading someone, but it would still be an amazing option, taking this my career from 90% great, to the full 100%.

It just needed that and it would have been even more amazing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »