Home

Throwback teams for each team

This is a discussion on Throwback teams for each team within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-22-2015, 09:47 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Throwback teams for each team

I'm just throwing this up for anyone who's interested or as a base roster for any project someone may be wanting to do.
I created a roster that has a throwback version I personally like for each team. They are far from perfect, or even good, but they at least have some representation of only players that were on each team. I'll list them below this and then I'll add some relevant notes and shortcomings so that no one gets their hopes up only to find out how deficient the roster is upon downloading it. I used someone else's roster that had throwbacks of the Suns and Kings as my base starting point, and if I could remember who it was, I'd give them credit. Each team is in place of the current version of the teams roster except the Sonics are on the Pelicans and the Grizzlies remain untouched.
The teams:
85 Bucks
85 76rs
86 Hawks
86 Celtics
87 Lakers
89 Pistons
90 Cavs
91 Blazers
93 Hornets
94 Nuggets
94 Rockets
94 Suns
95 Knicks
95 Magic
96 Bulls
96 Sonics
98 Spurs
98 Jazz
00 Raptors
01 Kings
02 Nets
03 Mavs
04 Wolves
07 Wizards
12 Thunder
13 Heat
14 Pacers
15 Clippers
15 Warriors
Notes:
-I graduated in 95 so that's why there's a high representation of the 90's, especially mid.
-I hardly touched stats, so Harden is too high on the Thunder and anyone else who had a representation that I moved to a throwback team they were on will likely be way too high or low overall.
-I didn't want to invest the time to create players, so besides the ones that were created in the base roster I used, I altered the likeness of current and past players as well as foreign teams, which in some cases resulted in very little similarity to the real person. This isn't glaring for the most part because most teams were full and only needed reserves or bench players added.
-I was a big Sonics fan. I chose the Pelicans over the Grizzlies because of the shared reddish color. Obviously if you play a season the Sonics outfits can be replicated mostly.
-Being from Indiana, I was and am a huge Pacers fan. I did not want to even begin to try and fill out and create the teams Pacers fans would want to see like the team that played the Lakers in the finals or the team from the Palace mishap. So I made the team from a couple years ago that pushed the Heat to the brink in the quarterfinals. I went to a lot of games that year and I like them regardless.
-My Wizards and Nets teams are awful. Let's just get that out of the way.
-I wanted to reduce duplicate superstars. That is why Kobe isn't in this roster. I wanted the Magic team with Shaq, so that ruled out those Laker teams. Plus I liked the Lakers team with Magic Johnson and Kobe has only ever been on the Lakers. Same with the Wizards. As a UM fan I would've loved a Webber and Howard Wizards team, but I wanted the Webber Kings team. In other instances where a lesser superstar started on two throwbacks, I lowered their ratings enough to be a high bench player. An example of this is Mugsy. I left him the starter on Charlotte because his overall was higher.
-A lot of these teams are my personal favorites of that particular franchise and not the best or general favorites. The roster still overall could be used as a starting point for other teams people may want to replace.
Anyway...again I'm not by any means saying this roster is good. Just making people aware in case they want to use it. My personal reasoning was I plan on putting my friends I've created on a team with me to play a season against the greats. I'll use the Grizzlies and change their name and look.
Gamer tag: Midwest Skeptic
Roster name: Best teams
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2015, 07:34 PM   #2
MVP

Jaiveer's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Throwback teams for each team

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandion
I'm just throwing this up for anyone who's interested or as a base roster for any project someone may be wanting to do.
I created a roster that has a throwback version I personally like for each team. They are far from perfect, or even good, but they at least have some representation of only players that were on each team. I'll list them below this and then I'll add some relevant notes and shortcomings so that no one gets their hopes up only to find out how deficient the roster is upon downloading it. I used someone else's roster that had throwbacks of the Suns and Kings as my base starting point, and if I could remember who it was, I'd give them credit. Each team is in place of the current version of the teams roster except the Sonics are on the Pelicans and the Grizzlies remain untouched.
The teams:
85 Bucks
85 76rs
86 Hawks
86 Celtics
87 Lakers
89 Pistons
90 Cavs
91 Blazers
93 Hornets
94 Nuggets
94 Rockets
94 Suns
95 Knicks
95 Magic
96 Bulls
96 Sonics
98 Spurs
98 Jazz
00 Raptors
01 Kings
02 Nets
03 Mavs
04 Wolves
07 Wizards
12 Thunder
13 Heat
14 Pacers
15 Clippers
15 Warriors
Notes:
-I graduated in 95 so that's why there's a high representation of the 90's, especially mid.
-I hardly touched stats, so Harden is too high on the Thunder and anyone else who had a representation that I moved to a throwback team they were on will likely be way too high or low overall.
-I didn't want to invest the time to create players, so besides the ones that were created in the base roster I used, I altered the likeness of current and past players as well as foreign teams, which in some cases resulted in very little similarity to the real person. This isn't glaring for the most part because most teams were full and only needed reserves or bench players added.
-I was a big Sonics fan. I chose the Pelicans over the Grizzlies because of the shared reddish color. Obviously if you play a season the Sonics outfits can be replicated mostly.
-Being from Indiana, I was and am a huge Pacers fan. I did not want to even begin to try and fill out and create the teams Pacers fans would want to see like the team that played the Lakers in the finals or the team from the Palace mishap. So I made the team from a couple years ago that pushed the Heat to the brink in the quarterfinals. I went to a lot of games that year and I like them regardless.
-My Wizards and Nets teams are awful. Let's just get that out of the way.
-I wanted to reduce duplicate superstars. That is why Kobe isn't in this roster. I wanted the Magic team with Shaq, so that ruled out those Laker teams. Plus I liked the Lakers team with Magic Johnson and Kobe has only ever been on the Lakers. Same with the Wizards. As a UM fan I would've loved a Webber and Howard Wizards team, but I wanted the Webber Kings team. In other instances where a lesser superstar started on two throwbacks, I lowered their ratings enough to be a high bench player. An example of this is Mugsy. I left him the starter on Charlotte because his overall was higher.
-A lot of these teams are my personal favorites of that particular franchise and not the best or general favorites. The roster still overall could be used as a starting point for other teams people may want to replace.
Anyway...again I'm not by any means saying this roster is good. Just making people aware in case they want to use it. My personal reasoning was I plan on putting my friends I've created on a team with me to play a season against the greats. I'll use the Grizzlies and change their name and look.
Gamer tag: Midwest Skeptic
Roster name: Best teams
Nice I am doing almost the same things for 3 different rosters best of 2000s,90s and 80s, opened the roster and it is great thanks man

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »